Carenado is having a sale

Thread: Carenado is having a sale

Blog Entries

Carenado is having a sale

For those who might be interested. For me, I can't run any of their aircraft in V.5.1, in spite of the patch and installing the recommended way. Until, they fix the aircraft I already have and enjoy, I see no reason to buy more.

https://www.justflight.com/category/...20March%202021
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Which ones are you having trouble with?
    I'm planning on getting the beach 18 for 5.1

Blog Entries
    C-210, PC-12 are two that I use to fly and can't anylonger. It was after the V5 Hotfix that I started having problems. The instrument panel and sides are transparent. I did the P3D install and point to V5, but it doesn't help me. Others have it working. Go figure?
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

I don't have a problem with any Carenado aircraft I have almost all their aircraft in P3Dv5.1 and all run perfect
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

can't find dlls

For me the C340 and Navajo had the same issue of transparent panel and sides in v5.1 too. Going from memory only, I don't take good notes when I finally unscrew installs, but I think there are a couple of - - -x64.dlls for each of these planes that can't be found. I see that I put them in the gauge folder and everything works fine now. My installs are in the addon folder not the main Lockheed program folder. I googled this problem originally, if I can find that thread I'll post it here. Good luck.

correction

correction
    Couldn't pull the thread that solved this for me, which talked about not finding the ___x64.dlls. I realize now the issue was with the Alabeo Titan and Aztec. They are installed in the main program folder, which I originally didn't want to install in. This got me into an infinite nogo loop with transparent panel and sides, as originally I tried installing in the addons folder, with all my other addons. Again from memory, I put all the cabs and dlls in the panel folder, and this worked. At least, I think so. Sorry I can't be more definitive.

This has been a problem for these airplanes going back years. Maybe the vender has some amplifying notes on this other than "install it this way or the highway", but I couldn't find any.

Carenado and Alabeo are rather cavalier with some models.
    If you look at most of the descriptions for their products you'll find very few if any marked as suitable for P3Dv5.

I tend toward 'experimenting' with them at times and even while the missing airframe skin is annoying the instruments and flight controls compound the felony.
    While it happens regularly with many earlier releases it goes feral with not so old subjects like the Hawker Beechcraft H850XP, and much to my annoyance, the Dassault Aviation Falcon 50EX.
    When I loaded the Falcon up in P3D.v5 it initially seemed all there, as I flicked through the startup panels I discovered the upper section of the main panel floating at cabin roof height, then it grudgingly started but just sat
    there fat and dumb and immobile.
    No idea if it works in v.4 as it has been removed due the Graphic Card 'hanging' hassle.

However, the Beech D18S, Fokker 50, SAAB 34, Aerei da Trasporto Regionale A42-500 and A72-500, Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia and SF-340 all worked without any drama, installed straight into the simulator.
    It would seem that officially they don't 'do' aircraft for v.5, the line has been drawn at v.4.
    Also fine in v.5 are the pair of Shorts.

Frustrating!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I'm not sure what is going on with Carenado. Their sister company, Alabeo, seems to have disappeared in terms of new aircraft. Carenado has not updated many of their current offering for P3Dv5. I get the feeling that Carenado is focused on X-Plane 11 and MSFS these days.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    I have their C-182 and Mooney in MSFS. They are pretty, but flying them smoothly can be a bear at times.

What I find interesting is that the old T-34B still works perfectly. although, its textures look rather antiquated and outdated in VR.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 0