Can't find the Spin texture for the B24 Guy's F4F Wildcat

Thread: Can't find the Spin texture for the B24 Guy's F4F Wildcat

Can't find the Spin texture for the B24 Guy's F4F Wildcat

Hello there,

I've looked everywhere on the f4f3_wildcat_t.bmp bitmap but I just couldn't find the propeller spin texture.

Looking at the Martlett III bitmap, see the image below, you can clearly see both camo paints on the propeller spin, which indicates that it is somewhere on either the top fuselage paint or the top wing paint, not an ideal location in either case.

The Wildcat successor, the F6F Hellcat, has a F6F3_Spinner_T.bmp, which is very convenient for painting purposes.

Would it be possible to have the same for the Wildcat and could someone of you guys, kindly do that ?

Thank you so much for your kind cooperation on this matter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture d'écran 2021-03-25 13.35.47.png  

It is on the fuse texture.

Attachment 82176
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

I once went looking for a particular detail's paint source on a different model to this....I ended up by total process of elimination. I knew it had to be there somewhere...so I coloured half the whole bitmap red...and half yellow...so I painted half the yellow section red....and it was still yellow...so I painted half the yellow left red...etc ad infinitum.... I found it.....nowhere near where you'd think it might be....AND IT WAS 3 PIXELS in a 2048x2048 bitmap.
    Armed with my success I proceeded to find a needle...in a haystack of needles.
    Odds? 3 chances in four million one hundred and ninety four thousand [and change]...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I once went looking for a particular detail's paint source on a different model to this....I ended up by total process of elimination. I knew it had to be there somewhere...so I coloured half the whole bitmap red...and half yellow...so I painted half the yellow section red....and it was still yellow...so I painted half the yellow left red...etc ad infinitum.... I found it.....nowhere near where you'd think it might be....AND IT WAS 3 PIXELS in a 2048x2048 bitmap.
    Armed with my success I proceeded to find a needle...in a haystack of needles.
    Odds? 3 chances in four million one hundred and ninety four thousand [and change]...
    If Allen had not pointed it out to me, I would probably have never found it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    It is on the fuse texture.

Attachment 82176
    Thank you so much Allen.

Members who have read this thread: 1