Sim-Mech Provost T.4

Thread: Sim-Mech Provost T.4

Sim-Mech Provost T.4

..is now available for FSX over at Simmarket.

It's really nice.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    ..is now available for FSX over at Simmarket.

It's really nice.
    Thank you for the HU, it's always a pleasure to
    see developers still releasing addons for the venerable FSX
    The more you do, the less you dream

I remember seeing early WIP shots of this a long time ago. I have the freeware T-5 and was hoping that's what they were working on. They should have great success with the T-4 but I don't care for the stub-nose. Maybe they'll add the T-5 at a later date.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I remember seeing early WIP shots of this a long time ago. I have the freeware T-5 and was hoping that's what they were working on. They should have great success with the T-4 but I don't care for the stub-nose. Maybe they'll add the T-5 at a later date.
    I am afraid it is just me (Rotorhub), and I don't have the T.5 on my list yet. I really like the T.5, but I made the T.4 just for my own pleasure. And to get som attention to the XS186 restoration project.Maybe I will do a T.3 and a T.5 with the appropriate panels and avionics in the future.Best regardsRotorhub

Never had any success with Simmarket, will this beauty be available through another vendor ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    I am afraid it is just me (Rotorhub), and I don't have the T.5 on my list yet. I really like the T.5, but I made the T.4 just for my own pleasure. And to get some attention to the XS186 restoration project. Maybe I will do a T.3 and a T.5 with the appropriate panels and avionics in the future. Best regards Rotorhub
    I knew that was probably the main reason the T-4 was done. It helps when the model you're building is one that inspires you, otherwise I imagine one would lose incentive after awhile and move on to something else. As I mentioned though, I hope you have great success with the T-4. The images show it to be highly detailed. Nice job!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I own this model (the P3D version) and it is very nice indeed! As I don't have any legacy sims installed anymore, I hope that this lovely creation will show up in the MSFS world soon!

But the P3D model is nicely modeled, is a very nice flyer and it is dead cheap. The T.4 was also more sporty than the T5.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I would definitely be in the market for an FSX Jet Provost T5. I did my trade training on them and Sea Vixens back in the distant past at RAF Halton.

Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Never had any success with Simmarket, will this beauty be available through another vendor ?Cheers
    Hi Aircanuck,Do you have a store in mind? I did contact flightsim.com and PC aviator. Flightsim.com did not respond to my question (standard answer), and PC aviator have not answered at all for some reason.I never had any problems with simmarket.com. I have been a customer for a decade or so.As a customer I have a full record of my purchases since day one. From a "vendor" standpoint, they seem very helpful and correct.But I am happy to look into other marketplaces.Best regardsRotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    Hi Aircanuck,Do you have a store in mind? I did contact flightsim.com and PC aviator. Flightsim.com did not respond to my question (standard answer), and PC aviator have not answered at all for some reason.I never had any problems with simmarket.com. I have been a customer for a decade or so.As a customer I have a full record of my purchases since day one. From a "vendor" standpoint, they seem very helpful and correct.But I am happy to look into other marketplaces.Best regardsRotorhub
    Have done most of my trade through "Justflight" for the longest while ,hard to break ole habits. Did some business with Simmarket sometime ago now and bumped into a login issue which I've never managed to sort out.

Appreciate your response to my concern

I recently purchased the FSX T4 Jet Provost on offer at Simarket. Has anybody managed to add extra liveries that are available here in the library. Every time I try to add a livery the whole aircraft disappears from the aircraft menu.

Regards Paul Day.

All extra skins are for P3D but the ones I installed will show when loaded to sim. I.e. start flight...

Thanks for the reply William, never thought of that.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    I recently purchased the FSX T4 Jet Provost on offer at Simarket. Has anybody managed to add extra liveries that are available here in the library. Every time I try to add a livery the whole aircraft disappears from the aircraft menu.

Regards Paul Day.
    Yes. Check your aircraft.cfg entries for sim=, model=, etc. to be consistent with the default textures.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thanks for the advice Warhorse47. I tried all of the above and more with no success. The problem was I was trying to add P3DV5 textures to a FSX model, but thanks anyway.

Regards Paul Day.

Members who have read this thread: 1