HP Reverb G2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Reverb G2

Sorry you are having difficulty but it shouldn't be this difficult. Do you see the interface in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcTdvegwhC8

LouP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    jmig
    Maybe MSFS is a bit of an untidy uninstaller and left a few things in place that are the cause of your startup problems, I know FSX could be like that sometimes.

I had a trawl through my system which has a Windows Store version of MSFS on it and found a few folders in some surprising places.

C:\ProgramData\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ 8wekyb3d8bbwe
    C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\FlightSimulator
    C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimul ator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5 .0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I think I found everything but who knows.

If your up for one more attempt at a fresh install before totally giving up on it maybe make sure that all these folders are definitely gone after the initial uninstall.
    Thank you! I followed your suggestions and it worked. MSFS is running again. Did my first short flight with VR.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Glad to see you could get that sorted.
    Just expect terrible performance hits in some places, due to some bugs introduced with the last sim update a few days ago.
    If all goes well, a new hotfix should be delivered today by Asobo, in an attempt to solve at least a part of the problems.... Let's see how it goes.
    Right now, the main reference for problematic places is the airport 76T, where many users reported a maximum framerate of .... 3 FPS (I haven't even tried, I'm already getting only 10 FPS... in the menu )

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Thank you! I followed your suggestions and it worked. MSFS is running again. Did my first short flight with VR.
    Great, glad you got it sorted.
    I assume then that it does indeed leave some of those folders behind.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

So glad you can join the party, jmig!

And that performance hotfix did come out today, so hopefully no issues there.

In addition to the advice above IMO the best nVidia driver for VR is version 457.30 (roll back if needed). Despite many new drivers nVidia has yet to trump the VR performance of this older driver.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Second that on Nvidia 457.30. I've stayed on that.

Blog Entries
    Well, it looks like new computer time. I flew the G36 with the Reverb headset. Frames were averaging 20-24 FPS. That is with the resolution set at 80% and mostly medium settings, except grass which was turned off by default. I had micro-shudders just about the entire time. I was able to land, however. I have had times where the frames were so low you couldn't land without killing your virtual self.

I have been considering a new build. I usually build a new computer every four to five years. However, my present machine has been doing fine...up until now. I upgraded the GPU six to eight months ago. Now, I can't find one, except for the scalpers on eBay. I could build a new computer and use the 2070S and see how it does, or order a pre-built. No telling what kind of quality I will get going that route. At least I should be able to get a 3070-3080 GPU before I die.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

I found it easier to get a 3080 buying a prebuilt than getting one solo. The best method for getting one solo is to go to EVGA's site and click "Auto-notify" on all the cards. That's how a couple of friends have gotten them. It might be a couple of months before you get a notification, but once you do, there's essentially a card reserved for you for the next 18 hours.

https://www.evga.com/products/produc...ipset=RTX+3080

On the micro-stutters, I found those got eliminated with my G2 by turning off Motion Reprojection. Go to the OpenXR Developer Tools (available in the Microsoft Store app if you don't have it installed yet), click the "Developer Settings" tab, and set Motion Projection to Disabled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-03-27.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	82194

Blog Entries
    Thank you Danny. I went to the EVGA site and joined the queue.

I will check the OpenXR app.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

On the openXR app check the custom rendering box and set it to 70 and then set the render in game to 100. I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

LouP

I totally agree with LouP... lower it in OpenXR and keep it at 100 in game.

Other small tweaks (many on YouTube) can also dramatically improve your VR performance, IMO to the point you won't need to upgrade (and remember, I'm on a 1000 series card, to your 2000). Running the driver I mentioned above is definitely one of them.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    A big thanks to everyone who has offered advice. I really appreciate it. I am my system is currently unavailable and will be for the next week. When able, I will adjust the settings and let you guy know the results.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 0