Red Panda

Thread: Red Panda

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Red Panda

Does anyone know what specifically the "Red Panda" app is that automatically starts whenever you crank up FSX?

I've found a "red panda" software operation on the internet but it has, I think, to do with fine-tuning marketing for more effective sales. I think, anyway. What function does it serve within FSX?

I'm pretty sure it's an anti-piracy thingie relating to a particular aircraft install...I just can't remember which one offhand. If you kill the process I recall FSX will crash...

Icon17

"Red Panda" is installed with Sim Skunk Works addons such as their F-104G and Tornado. Think of it as a gauge which uses WebSimConnect for radar and ground mapping and other gauges. When the aircraft are installed, scripting is added to the exe.xml file so when you start-up FSX it loads "Red Panda".

Here's a more precise explaination:
    .... the SSW Tornado embeds a new technology, called Red Panda, based on Marcin Lizer's WebSimConnect. With Red Panda, all the computations required to render the heaviest avionic systems (HUD, RPMD, ESRRD and TV/TAB) are performed on separated, independent processes, which do not share RAM memory with FSX.
    Now if you want things somewhat back to normal, you would have to edit exe.xml so it doesn't load "Red Panda" every time you start FSX. If you look at your Flight Simulator X directory, look for a folder for SimSkunkWorks/WebSimConnect. There you will find two batch files for activating and deactivating "Red Panda" manually.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    OK, many thanks, since I have those birds I now know it's not connected to something else.

Members who have read this thread: 1