Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 707

Anyone still flying the Capt. Sim 707? I am doing some high rez repaints and wonder if there is any interest?

I still do, in FSX Steam, while breathlessly (and perhaps hopelessly) waiting for a P3D4+ version. IMHO one of the finest payware tubeliners ever put on the market. The 727 is a close 2nd.

SOH-CM-2020
    Yep, I still have it installed in FSX.SE.

Love the old Boeing classics.

Pete.

I did a few ages ago....looks like 2009...stuff like this one... [John Travolta's] It's only 2048 res....back in the day before I started doing my own paintkits in 4096.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	82028

Probably should add...I did 'real planes' so hunted down suitable photos of them for the 'thumbnails'....

Here's the one I did....

Name:	Jet clipper ella.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	82029

I keep P3Dv3 running as I can use all my Boeings from CS.
    New paints will be more than welcome so thanks in advance.

An observation: Quite ridiculous that Just Flight can manage their DC8 series to operate from FSX through to P3Dv4+ with no update costs while Captain Slack remain (mostly) mired in FSX.
    I'd be happy to pay full retail for an updated version, but it would appear they don't need the $$$$.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yes, I still fly CS 707. I generally fly the SAM 27000 livery. It's a very good aircraft with excellent systems modelling. I'd be interested in expanding my liveries. Thank you for asking.

Cool

I am !!!!

I just bought Captain Sim 707 and 707C for use of FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

I am surprised there is no high quality crisp sharp repaints for BCAl British Caledonian passenger and cargo liveries for Captain Sim 707 for use of FSX.

Also, there is no crisp sharp perfect cream co
    lor for Western airline Indian Chief repaint for that plane for use of FSX.If anybody is interested in painting perfect cream color for Western airline Indian chief, please let me know so that I can send you correct color code for cream color.

Regards,

Aharon
    Last edited by Aharon; March 15th, 2021 at 07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    I am !!!!

I just bought Captain Sim 707 and 707C for use of FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

I am surprised there is no high quality crisp sharp repaints for BCAl British Caledonian passenger and cargo liveries for Captain Sim 707 for use of FSX.

Also, there are no crisp sharp Pacific Western repaints for that plane for use of FSX

Regards,

Aharon
    That is the problem..and is why I am making a few high def versions.

Teisco

I am our customer too

I also fly it (kind of ) IN P3DV4.5 ( Made the VC with MDLX myself, replaced the myrad of gauges with working ones- still no surfaces on outside model*)

So yes please a Western Chief 707

Thank you

* Otherwise I use the HJG outside model ( after MDLX)

The trick is realistic metal shine on metallic bottom of the 707.

Regards,

Aharon

Please stop! I can’t bear it I miss too much not being able to fly this one anymore after leaving FSX in 2017 for P3D4, LOL.

Given up on CS at this point updating her.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Teisco

I am our customer too

I also fly it (kind of ) IN P3DV4.5 ( Made the VC with MDLX myself, replaced the myrad of gauges with working ones- still no surfaces on outside model*)

So yes please a Western Chief 707

Thank you

* Otherwise I use the HJG outside model ( after MDLX)
    Sent you a private message here.

I'm still flying the 707 in FSX:SE also. Would really like so more paint jobs. That MATS one up above really looks sharp!

Name:	7072.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	243.2 KB 
ID:	82035

Have a look Teisco

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This guy still flies it.

Then there's my 2D panel...

Name:	707-2D-panel.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	305.4 KB 
ID:	82036

Quote Originally Posted by Chris RD View Post
    That MATS one up above really looks sharp!
    I think this repaint is available at livery download center of the Captain Sim website

Regards,

Aharon

58-6970

A very historic aircraft, 58-6970, a C-137B. This was the first jet to ever fly a President of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1959. She was fondly known as "Queenie" among Special Air Missions personnel. I maintained this aircraft for over nine years as an Avionics Comm/Nav technician and supervisor. I was honored to have her as the backdrop at my retirement ceremony at Andrews AFB, MD in 1993. She would soon follow me into retirement in 1996 and now resides at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, WA.

Cheers

The Old MSgt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4bd80940.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Anyone still flying the Capt. Sim 707? I am doing some high rez repaints and wonder if there is any interest?

I'll fly airliners if they're extinct in the real world. I do spend time in the 707, 727, 737 from CS flying them in a display setting. Also the Comet, VC-10, Tu-134, 154, 144, Concorde and Dassault Mercure get some attention from time to time. (Basically if it's an extinct turbojet powered airliner I'll fly it!) Just wishing the AH/JF Caravelle was still coming to FSX but I did just get the VC-137 and E-3 expansions for the 707. Didn't know they existed until a few weeks ago! As far as skins for the 707, I'd like to see one in John Travolta's Quantas livery!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I'll fly airliners if they're extinct in the real world. I do spend time in the 707, 727, 737 from CS flying them in a display setting. Also the Comet, VC-10, Tu-134, 154, 144, Concorde and Dassault Mercure get some attention from time to time. (Basically if it's an extinct turbojet powered airliner I'll fly it!) Just wishing the AH/JF Caravelle was still coming to FSX but I did just get the VC-137 and E-3 expansions for the 707. Didn't know they existed until a few weeks ago! As far as skins for the 707, I'd like to see one in John Travolta's Quantas livery!
    Never mind! I see JAFO did Travolta's plane!!

Icon14

I think this repaint is available at livery download center of the Captain Sim website

Regards,

Aharon
    Thanks Aharon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Never mind! I see JAFO did Travolta's plane!!
    Josh...I've just uploaded JT's 707 here.

It was done a loooong time ago [2012] I think it might have even been before I started 'properly' using layers to make it all easier...

Nobody painted crisp sharp high quality Wardair livery on Captain Sim 707

Regards,

Aharon

Nobody painted crisp sharp high quality Wardair livery on Captain Sim 707
    Regards,
    Aharon
    I have 103 B707 (!!!!!) skins (including the standard Captain Slack ones), both PAX, Freight and a few Military on my backup drive, not a single Wardair one to be seen.
    Should add that I haven't used the Captain Slack supplied efforts very often.
    What you need to take into account is the time frame, many repaints are 10+ years old (or older) and there are few really recent efforts, with repainters concentrating on newer subjects and developers.
    And of course, FSX is a little passe at this point in time.
    Just as a matter of interest Historic Jetliners Group have one only Wardair paint for a 1969 320C and that's only going to work on their HJG base.
    I think you are pretty well SOL.

Have you considered the Just Flight DC8 collection Aharon?
    Massive number of first class repaints available and just about every variation of the 'Big Mac' included.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 2