707 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 707

Initiated by this thread (thanks Teisco ) as I never could properly move the CS Captain 707 to P3DV4.5, I now modified the old legendary_707

It has the same bitmaps as Captain 707, but as beeing very old no bumpmaps ...

On panel I still work,rest pls see and all surfaces work

That Varig is from 2004 !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-17_17-48-16-138.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	82065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-17_17-48-0-13.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	82064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-17_17-47-18-292.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	82063

As we have little other ( you can do same with HJG, but no VC ) I am really happy now

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I have 103 B707 (!!!!!) skins (including the standard Captain Slack ones), both PAX, Freight and a few Military on my backup drive
    Whoa!!!!!!!!!! Are those for FSX?? Got any crisp sharp high quality BCAl British Cadelonian cargo repaints??

And of course, FSX is a little passe at this point in time.
    FSX lives for FOREVER!!!

Just as a matter of interest Historic Jetliners Group have one only Wardair paint for a 1969 320C and that's only going to work on their HJG base.I think you are pretty well SOL.
    Yes I already have that as well as few hundred repaints for many different variants of freeware HJG 707. BUT I do not understand your sol comment. What is sol??

Have you considered the Just Flight DC8 collection Aharon?Massive number of first class repaints available and just about every variation of the 'Big Mac' included.
    Only if Just Flight and Aerosoft announce the special NINE BUCK sale on that plane the same way Captain Sim does twice a year

However, I do not understand BIG MAC comment????

Regards,

Aharon

Historic Jet Liner group skins are all old and small and fuzzy. I asked for a paint kit for them so I could update and sharpen some of the skins so they banned me.

I made my own paint kit and now redoing some of the schemes I like. If there is one you really want let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Whoa!!!!!!!!!! Are those for FSX?? Got any crisp sharp high quality BCAl British Cadelonian cargo repaints??

FSX lives for FOREVER!!!

Yes I already have that as well as few hundred repaints for many different variants of freeware HJG 707. BUT I do not understand your sol comment. What is sol??

Only if Just Flight and Aerosoft announce the special NINE BUCK sale on that plane the same way Captain Sim does twice a year

However, I do not understand BIG MAC comment????

Regards,

Aharon
    " I'm assuming BIG MAC = Big McDonnell in reference McDonnell portion of McDonnell/Douglas of the DC8.

Not wishing to hijack this thread, but as it was mentioned for those like me who can't use their cherished CS 707 in P3D, the Aerosoft DC-8 is excellent and has good immersive systems similar to the CS 707.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi all
    Not to hijack the topic but do we know for sure that the Captain Sim FSX 707 does not work in P3D? I was told that the Just Flight DC-8 would not work at all in P3D V5 when in my opinion it works better than it did in earlier versions of P3D. Has some pretty acceptable repaints while not perfect, reasonably immersive systems.
    I would also like to have a good functional 707 in P3D.

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi all
    Not to hijack the topic but do we know for sure that the Captain Sim FSX 707 does not work in P3D? -----
    Not in P3D4 --

Two big problems with the CS 707 in P3D 64 bit - like the 727 all the gauges are 32 bit (end in ".gau") so don't show up AND the anti piracy "feature" means you lose the landing gear and flight contols if you install it anywhere other than your FSX folder. I tried to merge another VC (747, aerosoft DC8) and it was a no go.

Got her in the air and moving only by using the slew function. Largely unsatisfactory experience but took this screenie at the time not long ago:

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Just to clarify a couple of points.

'Big Mac': the stretched DC8 is a very long aircraft and the few flights I had as a passenger were 'interesting' if one was seated a way toward the rear.
    (As serving members of the ADF on exchange duty we always ended up in the cheap seats!)

SOL: think about it. Has to do with being out of luck.

Captain Slack $9.00 sales: You get what you pay for.

Where their B707 flies: Originally FS2004, ported to FSX and FSX-SE, so it flies in P3Dv1 to P3Dv3, but not in v4 or v5. (32bit as opposed to 64bit sims).

British Caledonian cargo repaints??: Unless TDR can help out you are definitely SOL........

In FS terms this is ancient, an FS9 release in 2004 (IIRC) and ported to FSX around 2006 or whenever FSX was released.
    I'd be first in line for a contemporary 2021 release of a B707 even at a 2021 price, but unless Captain Slack get inspired I'm not expecting anything.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I think it is a great model with many cool features and I have upgraded FSX to fly it in. We all want to newest, shiny thing and MSFS 2020 is very pretty but flying is what it is all about and, for me, the Capt Sim 707 is great fun in FSX.

For FSX I use Orbx Global and Vector and they both help with landclass details and such.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I think it is a great model with many cool features ---.

Agree 110%; The 727 series is equally fine IMHO. BUT - boy, like the real 727, keep spooled up on final, don't use full flaps unless really necessary and watch the sink rates - hard to decrease if they build up on final, especially if you get slow!!!

I think it is a great model with many cool features and I have upgraded FSX to fly it in. We all want to newest, shiny thing and MSFS 2020 is very pretty but flying is what it is all about and, for me, the Capt Sim 707 is great fun in FSX.

For FSX I use Orbx Global and Vector and they both help with landclass details and such.
    In my case the Boeings are the reason I keep P3Dv3 operational.
    It too has all the suitable ORBX additions that go with the B-707.
    Thinking back to when I first purchased FS2004 both the B-707 and B-727 were my first additions, closely followed by the AH Spitfire collection.
    Some 16 years ago as well.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Josh and Wombat666,

Thanks for explanations and for answers to my questions.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Here's the one I did....
    Thanks for nice Qantas/Travolta repaint!

Historic Jet Liner [...] I asked for a paint kit [...] so they banned me.
    Seems HJG are quite quick on the "banned" button. It happened to me as well, I was only posting about converting their Caravelle to FSX with MCX... and was banned with no explanation just like an ordinary DPRK hacker...

RMIT Architecture [Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology] chartered a 707 back in '72 to go to England, Scotland, France and Italy as part of the Architecture course...so I have fond memories of the first jet aircraft I'd flown on. [first flight was at 2 weeks...on a DC3] ...

I was only posting about converting their Caravelle to FSX with MCX... and was banned with no explanation just like an ordinary DPRK hacker...
    LOL!! Yes, they are very "nostaligiac" (i.e., live in the past) over there. They don't seem to want to know about FSX, let alone P3D or what can be done with these, e.g., merge VC's. They don't really do VC's. The mere suggestion of running one of their circa 17 year old FS9 models through MCX (don't think they know what MCX is) is sheer heresy. Lucky you got off with only being banned!

HJG 707-420 (441) @ KSAN

P3D V4.5-MDLX

But as Teisco correctly says texture- size far below CS707

Name:	2021-3-19_11-10-56-978.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	82085

Screenshots of my first maiden Captain Sim 707 flight have been published in the FSX Screenshot subform of SOH forums.

Enjoy!!

Regards,

Aharon

By request, Western Airlines. All textures are 32 bit to preserve sharpness and color. Get it here at Sim-Outhouse file library. Look in "FSX Civilian jet skins library"

=

Dear Paul

Thank you so much

Factory fresh running it in

Roland

Name:	2021-3-23_17-48-41-179.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	82163
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-3-23_17-48-23-639.jpg  

TeiscoTelRay,

Great and excel
    lent repaint of Western Indian Chief livery especially you made sure the bottom had shiny metallic livery which is very important for realism.

Too bad that Western did not use cream co
    lor for 707-300 series. You are correct to use white color. Once again, many thanks for your GREAT repaint!!!!!!!

I
    love cream color Western livery that was seen on its fleet of Boeing 720B

Example on B720 featuring medium cream color Western livery

I have that cream co
    lor repaint of Western livery for HJG 720B model base.

Regards,

Aharon

Looking really good and a very heartfelt 'Thank You' for serving up some modern standard HD skins.
    Love these Classic repaints, much classier than the present day cartoon efforts.

Looking really good and a very heartfelt 'Thank You' for serving up some modern standard HD skins.
    Love these Classic repaints, much classier than the present day cartoon efforts.
    Thanks, I am detail obsessed and send out most of my repaints in DDS 888-8 32 bit so there is virtually no loss in texture quality.
    Here are some examples of that process in an American Airlines paint I am doing:

WHOA WHOA WHOA what a realistic metallic shine with realistic dirt detail on engine covers!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

By request, Western Airlines...
    Nice paintjob. Keep 'em coming!

Scenery: Drzewiecki Design Chicago X (free demo)
    Last edited by vonstroheim; March 24th, 2021 at 15:37.

Members who have read this thread: 2