Thread: 707

Hybrid View

Anyone still flying the Capt. Sim 707? I am doing some high rez repaints and wonder if there is any interest?

I still do, in FSX Steam, while breathlessly (and perhaps hopelessly) waiting for a P3D4+ version. IMHO one of the finest payware tubeliners ever put on the market. The 727 is a close 2nd.

SOH-CM-2020
    Yep, I still have it installed in FSX.SE.

Love the old Boeing classics.

Pete.

I did a few ages ago....looks like 2009...stuff like this one... [John Travolta's] It's only 2048 res....back in the day before I started doing my own paintkits in 4096.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	82028

Probably should add...I did 'real planes' so hunted down suitable photos of them for the 'thumbnails'....

Here's the one I did....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet clipper ella.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	82029

I keep P3Dv3 running as I can use all my Boeings from CS.
    New paints will be more than welcome so thanks in advance.

An observation: Quite ridiculous that Just Flight can manage their DC8 series to operate from FSX through to P3Dv4+ with no update costs while Captain Slack remain (mostly) mired in FSX.
    I'd be happy to pay full retail for an updated version, but it would appear they don't need the $$$$.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Here's the one I did....
    Thanks for nice Qantas/Travolta repaint!

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Historic Jet Liner [...] I asked for a paint kit [...] so they banned me.
    Seems HJG are quite quick on the "banned" button. It happened to me as well, I was only posting about converting their Caravelle to FSX with MCX... and was banned with no explanation just like an ordinary DPRK hacker...

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Anyone still flying the Capt. Sim 707? I am doing some high rez repaints and wonder if there is any interest?

I'll fly airliners if they're extinct in the real world. I do spend time in the 707, 727, 737 from CS flying them in a display setting. Also the Comet, VC-10, Tu-134, 154, 144, Concorde and Dassault Mercure get some attention from time to time. (Basically if it's an extinct turbojet powered airliner I'll fly it!) Just wishing the AH/JF Caravelle was still coming to FSX but I did just get the VC-137 and E-3 expansions for the 707. Didn't know they existed until a few weeks ago! As far as skins for the 707, I'd like to see one in John Travolta's Quantas livery!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I'll fly airliners if they're extinct in the real world. I do spend time in the 707, 727, 737 from CS flying them in a display setting. Also the Comet, VC-10, Tu-134, 154, 144, Concorde and Dassault Mercure get some attention from time to time. (Basically if it's an extinct turbojet powered airliner I'll fly it!) Just wishing the AH/JF Caravelle was still coming to FSX but I did just get the VC-137 and E-3 expansions for the 707. Didn't know they existed until a few weeks ago! As far as skins for the 707, I'd like to see one in John Travolta's Quantas livery!
    Never mind! I see JAFO did Travolta's plane!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Never mind! I see JAFO did Travolta's plane!!
    Josh...I've just uploaded JT's 707 here.

It was done a loooong time ago [2012] I think it might have even been before I started 'properly' using layers to make it all easier...

Nobody painted crisp sharp high quality Wardair livery on Captain Sim 707

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Nobody painted crisp sharp high quality Wardair livery on Captain Sim 707
    Regards,
    Aharon
    I have 103 B707 (!!!!!) skins (including the standard Captain Slack ones), both PAX, Freight and a few Military on my backup drive, not a single Wardair one to be seen.
    Should add that I haven't used the Captain Slack supplied efforts very often.
    What you need to take into account is the time frame, many repaints are 10+ years old (or older) and there are few really recent efforts, with repainters concentrating on newer subjects and developers.
    And of course, FSX is a little passe at this point in time.
    Just as a matter of interest Historic Jetliners Group have one only Wardair paint for a 1969 320C and that's only going to work on their HJG base.
    I think you are pretty well SOL.

Have you considered the Just Flight DC8 collection Aharon?
    Massive number of first class repaints available and just about every variation of the 'Big Mac' included.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0