KBT L-188 Lockheed Electra for P3DV5

Thread: KBT L-188 Lockheed Electra for P3DV5

Hybrid View

KBT L-188 Lockheed Electra for P3DV5

This conversion is complete and close to release.

We have been unable to contact KBT directly (KBT here does not accept private messages) but we hope that agreement and permission can be provided by KBT for this conversion and package to be published if they see this post.

The model is completely 64 bit compliant with functional VC (a few limitations) with a revised set of instruments, sound gauges and other gauge rewrites and includes modifications to the interior model to incorporate these changes.

The intention is not for profit and the intent all along was to breath new life into this great model by KBT and preserve it for modern simulators. There will not be a MSFS 2020 version as the members of the group who have worked on this do not use and probably will not use MSFS 2020.

For information The VC .

Note all power instruments now function correctly and starting via overhead switches etc are now operative. New and additional guages to provide accurate replication of the Allison 501 D13 turboprop. Some modifications to align it with the original Electra cockpit layout have been made. 64 bit compliant. And yes the Weather Radar works!
    Performance as per the book (L-188C) Manual. Three pop ups only - the AP, GPS FMC and Avionics - for ease of use in sim but VC components function of these instruments function properly,

The model as per KBT originally in P3DV5.
    The model should be considered to be the Lockheed L-188C variant and no other. Based on fuel, weights and general performance.

Some minor issues with lights due to P3DV5 dynamic lighting and EA.

Fingers and toes crossed Bendy!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Fingers and toes crossed Bendy!
    Mine too. LOVE the Electra.

Kent

Test run of the Cargo Version - in Amerer Air colours. Progress a bit of tidying up at the moment and resolving a few irritating minor issues but no show stoppers. She is flying by the book now (compared to the cockpit videos of the Amerer Air Freight runs across Europe see Youtube) good prop stop now on shutdown and ground idle is now operating correctly and Cabin Pressure gauge has been added in and working. Nothing heard from KBT yet! No more galloping along on the ground with beta and ground idle switches working correctly most of the annunciator warnings or indicators are now operative correctly as well - more I test it the more I like the Electra. Added in a more modern FMC-GPS (Popup only but switchable via the AP panel switches) which works fine as well.

Glasgow to Leige cruise at F210 24DME Glasgow. Looks a bit dirty but that is EA in P3DV5.
    Last edited by BendyFlyer; March 23rd, 2021 at 15:35. Reason: extra information

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Test run of the Cargo Version - in Amerer Air colours. Progress a bit of tidying up at the moment and resolving a few irritating minor issues but no show stoppers. She is flying by the book now (compared to the cockpit videos of the Amerer Air Freight runs across Europe see Youtube) good prop stop now on shutdown and ground idle is now operating correctly and Cabin Pressure gauge has been added in and working. Nothing heard from KBT yet! No more galloping along on the ground with beta and ground idle switches working correctly most of the annunciator warnings or indicators are now operative correctly as well - more I test it the more I like the Electra. Added in a more modern FMC-GPS (Popup only but switchable via the AP panel switches) which works fine as well.

Glasgow to Leige cruise at F210 24DME Glasgow. Looks a bit dirty but that is EA in P3DV5.

This is all good news Bendyflyer and I am looking forward to completion of the L188

Members who have read this thread: 6