KBT L-188 Lockheed Electra for P3DV5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KBT L-188 Lockheed Electra for P3DV5

I've managed to throw the Electra back into my schedule the last day or so. I've been experimenting with PBR recently and have started the early process of adding it to the tanker version of the Electra. I plan on adding this onto the pack you guys have already put together for the upgrade kit. This will be a V2.0 from me essentially of the L-188s once I get them done. So far it's looking fairly good I'd say given I'm only several hours into just the external additions of PBR. Still a lot to do though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L188v2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	714.4 KB 
ID:	84060

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Scorch00 - this will be good. Look forward to seeing how it goes. Currently the L-188 is as is (for those who have the updated version) and nothing from KBT at all on that!. The PBR, EA and True Sky with DX12 etc is a whole new ball game, learnt enough so far to realise I know nothing about real time dynamic RGB pixel manipulation and what has actually arisen in computing and graphics here over the past decades!

I'll need to apply the changes you all did in the update pack to the PBR updated version and do the same for the Cargo Tanker versions. I'll probably do them one at a time to make sure I don't mess something up with the applying the update and then go from there. So far the progress continues to look good I think. My knowledge of PBR is still fairly basic, but they will at least have it to the best of my ability. I'm sure once a much more experienced person gets ahold of it, they'll make it even better looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	electra20.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	84116

Good work, that looks very promising. I have to admit the PBR thing is beyond me at the moment, I would have to go and get a really good high level paint program so leave it at the moment (Happy with Paint.net). PBR like EA and TrueSky are real game changers with graphics in the sim, but not easy - the math programming behind TrueSky is daunting (and I did high level math but it has been a long time). The problem as I see it with PBR is you need to get the materials attached to the model not just a cut and paste job now!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Good work, that looks very promising. I have to admit the PBR thing is beyond me at the moment, I would have to go and get a really good high level paint program so leave it at the moment (Happy with Paint.net). PBR like EA and TrueSky are real game changers with graphics in the sim, but not easy - the math programming behind TrueSky is daunting (and I did high level math but it has been a long time). The problem as I see it with PBR is you need to get the materials attached to the model not just a cut and paste job now!
    I use all free programs. I use Blender, Paint.net, and DXTBmp and that's really it. But I've been implementing my PBR experiments using MCX, it's the easiest way for me given my abilities first of all, and program restrictions being the other. MCX apparently has setting built into it to add PBR to models relatively easily, it just takes a lot of experimentation. At least for my setup. I'm still learning it obviously. A lot of stuff with MCX is trial and error it seems. There are some tutorials and forum posts, but not a whole lot specifically.

Members who have read this thread: 7