GAS Kinner Sportwing MSFS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: GAS Kinner Sportwing MSFS

  1. #1

    GAS Kinner Sportwing MSFS

    Here is a link to our fully MSFS native version of our Kinner B-2 Sportwing. As we have done in the past its offered at a 20% discount off list to the SOH community as a way of saying thanks for its support for nearly 15 years of aircraft development. The Kinner was the very first model Gil and I developed for then FS 2004 in an effort to promote aircraft of the Golden Age of aviation. So its only fitting that we do it again for a new platform. We on the team do hope you enjoy it and also recognize OzWookie for his assistance in bringing this model to Flight Simulator.

    At 15.95 USD the link will remain active for one week.

    https://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3371157

    When you extract the installer and run it you will have to direct its content to your Community folder and as a reminder its flown using the "Modern" flight model only. A short users manual is provided via an Icon placed on your desktop. Please take a moment to review.

  2. #2
    Thanks again for the Sim-Outhouse discount! Purchased and will be flying after work!

  3. #3
    Fun little flier.

    The folks on the official MS forum are pretty down on the texture resolution in the cockpit -- expectations are set really high with MSFS in the visuals department.









    For $16 I am very happy with my purchase. The sounds is great, the flight model is challenging and feels real, and it's a rare, historic plane unlikely to be done at a "study" level.

    That said, it'd be good to investigate increasing cockpit texture resolutions on updates or later releases, just due to the precedent set by the stock MSFS planes and to avoid the eye-candy crowd having a negative reaction without considering all the factors involved with creating niche historic aircraft.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Fun little flier.

    The folks on the official MS forum are pretty down on the texture resolution in the cockpit -- expectations are set really high with MSFS in the visuals department.









    For $16 I am very happy with my purchase. The sounds is great, the flight model is challenging and feels real, and it's a rare, historic plane unlikely to be done at a "study" level.

    That said, it'd be good to investigate increasing cockpit texture resolutions on updates or later releases, just due to the precedent set by the stock MSFS planes and to avoid the eye-candy crowd having a negative reaction without considering all the factors involved with creating niche historic aircraft.
    We expected the rivet counters that have no skill but to criticize to post. This was our first pass. Wait until you see the Stearman. It’s all good.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    We expected the rivet counters that have no skill but to criticize to post. This was our first pass. Wait until you see the Stearman. Itís all good.
    Glad it not disheartening. :-) I'm really enjoying it -- it's nice to fly a plane that departs realistically if you abuse it (the Sportwing) vs. a plane that departs if you cough too loud (the IL-2 series ;-).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Here is a link to our fully MSFS native version of our Kinner B-2 Sportwing. As we have done in the past its offered at a 20% discount off list to the SOH community as a way of saying thanks for its support for nearly 15 years of aircraft development. The Kinner was the very first model Gil and I developed for then FS 2004 in an effort to promote aircraft of the Golden Age of aviation. So its only fitting that we do it again for a new platform. We on the team do hope you enjoy it and also recognize OzWookie for his assistance in bringing this model to Flight Simulator.

    At 15.95 USD the link will remain active for one week.

    https://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3371157

    When you extract the installer and run it you will have to direct its content to your Community folder and as a reminder its flown using the "Modern" flight model only. A short users manual is provided via an Icon placed on your desktop. Please take a moment to review.

    It has always been our core believe that customer experience is more important than the money. Admitting that we could have done better with the cockpit texture resolution on the model but accepting that the aircraft deserves to live on in the simulated environment, as all vintage aircraft do. A full refund has been issued to all that have purchased the model and the link is now a free download. It will remain so for the period of the offer specified. Have fun and enjoy the ride because that's why its there.
    Last edited by Spad54; March 9th, 2021 at 06:53.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    It has always been our core believe that customer experience is more important than the money. Admitting that we could have done better with the cockpit texture resolution on the model but accepting that the aircraft deserves to live on in the simulated environment, as all vintage aircraft do. A full refund has been issued to all that have purchased the model and the link is now a free download. It will remain so for the period of the offer specified. Have fun and enjoy the ride because that's why its there.

    This aircraft, besides being beautiful, is simply just fun to fly! Peaceful is the word that comes to mind. Just a absolute joy! In one screenshot, it shows a enclosed cockpit? NC

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    It has always been our core believe that customer experience is more important than the money. Admitting that we could have done better with the cockpit texture resolution on the model but accepting that the aircraft deserves to live on in the simulated environment, as all vintage aircraft do. A full refund has been issued to all that have purchased the model and the link is now a free download. It will remain so for the period of the offer specified. Have fun and enjoy the ride because that's why its there.
    What about SimMarket buyers?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    It has always been our core believe that customer experience is more important than the money. Admitting that we could have done better with the cockpit texture resolution on the model but accepting that the aircraft deserves to live on in the simulated environment, as all vintage aircraft do. A full refund has been issued to all that have purchased the model and the link is now a free download. It will remain so for the period of the offer specified. Have fun and enjoy the ride because that's why its there.


    A nobel response. There are thousands of new folks in FS now because of fs2020 and the push by MS. Most have never been in a flying sim before. It's not your regular AVSIM or SOH crowd. And with the social media churn and the negativitiy it brings, the bar does get set pertty high.

    -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    What about SimMarket buyers?
    each will be contacted individually.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    each will be contacted individually.
    Thank you. I just want to say, so much of what you've done with this plane is great. I enjoy the flight model and all of the clickable additions from the cockpit (I think you're the first to do many of these things in MSFS). If I was any good at 3D modeling and texture work, I would volunteer my time to update the visuals to MSFS standards as otherwise it's a great addon.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    Thank you. I just want to say, so much of what you've done with this plane is great. I enjoy the flight model and all of the clickable additions from the cockpit (I think you're the first to do many of these things in MSFS). If I was any good at 3D modeling and texture work, I would volunteer my time to update the visuals to MSFS standards as otherwise it's a great addon.
    Thanks for the kind words. Itís much appreciated.

  13. #13
    Spad, I'm totally happy with what I got for the price, a refund is not necessary at all IMO.
    If it's not too late dont refund me, My purchase was under the name Mark Aisthorpe.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Rift S
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    each will be contacted individually.
    Waiting to hear back from SimMarket regarding how their refund process works and next steps.

    just heard from SImMarket. They are being totally unhelpful. If anyone on the forum purchased it and wants a refund hit with an email to our tech support email and we’ll get that managed on my end.
    Last edited by Spad54; March 9th, 2021 at 13:14.

  15. #15
    I was going to purchase a copy today after work, but see that you have now made it freeware.

    Not everything can be made to DCS level as there is just not that level of information available for some aircraft or large teams to create them.

    There needs to be some realistic expectations, otherwise we will end up with a shrinking hobby.

    Thank you. itís a great model and I expect it was very time consuming to produce.

  16. #16

    Thank You

    Spad,

    I was just getting ready to order this when I got home, then see that you made it free for those of us here at SOH.

    Thank You very much. I would have gladly paid for it, even with the somewhat lower res textures in the cockpit. I have you original FS2004 Sportwing, and remember flying it a lot. Loved it. Have almost all of your releases.

    Thanks again.

    Now, to go try it out1
    Don H

    Republic Of Gamers ASUS CrossHair VI Hero MB, AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8core, 16thread, 3.7GHz Base, 4.3GHz Max, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 32GB, XLR8 Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 OC DirectX 12, Thermaltake M850W SMART Series PCU, Corsair H100i CC Watercooler, CoolMaster HAF922 case, Win10 Professional 64bit, Saitek Flight Equipment, Oculus RIFT VR, 50" 4K LG TV/Monitor

  17. #17
    Perhaps consider adding a "donate" link somewhere, so that if people choose to do so we can still support your work financially

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Perhaps consider adding a "donate" link somewhere, so that if people choose to do so we can still support your work financially
    I second that idea!! NC

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I second that idea!! NC
    I'm in as well

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I second that idea!! NC
    And me too
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Rift S
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

  21. #21
    +1

    it is very good idea

  22. #22
    Yeah, I'm more than happy to donate to GAS. Love their planes!

  23. #23
    Thank you so much for this airplane. The sound is amazing and it is a new favorite for touring and sight seeing.
    Major Spittle
    product of Anheuser Busch St. Louis Missouri

    System Specs. Asus Prime Z590-A, 64GB DDR4 4000, RX 5700, i7 10700, MasterLiquid ML240R, Super Flower Platinum 850, Corsair Crystal 680X.

  24. #24
    Thanks to you Spad and the rest of the GAS team!!! What a generous gift.

    Looking forward to the MSFS release of the Stearman! We need more REAL airplanes in MSFS and you are just the guys to make 'em.


    Best,

    Michael
    Dallas, TX

  25. #25
    Thank you GAS for that gift !
    Richard












    It is a pleasure to use it. However I encounter two small problems:
    - the "Shift + 4" command has no effect. the Configuration Manager Menu is not displayed !
    - The co-pilot does not appear when I click the hot spot located on right seat belt buckle !
    Any idea ?

Members who have read this thread: 200

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •