P3D_V5 Vietnam War Project '2021 (preview) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam War Project '2021 (preview)

New assets in VWP'2021 - AH-1G "Cobra" in Vung Tau, Dak To and Phu Bai : ).

TY awstub!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Have to include Bihn Thuy Air Base, one of the homes off the HAL-3 Seawolfs. Dad was a doorgunner,'67-'68 timeframe. Tet was hell !
    Binh Thuy Air Base - Wikipedia
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Have to include Bihn Thuy Air Base, one of the homes off the HAL-3 Seawolfs. Dad was a doorgunner,'67-'68 timeframe. Tet was hell !
    Binh Thuy Air Base - Wikipedia
    Scott
    Its done already with some of Skyriders and (A)C-47.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A few of the G.I. asked you to drop them off at luxury "Miss Saigon" bar outside capital city to meet a little .... ... ; ).

Last edited by YoYo; May 1st, 2021 at 06:44.

Some of (railway stations) targets for operation "Linebacker", North Vietnam.

Really looking forward to this project ! Was at Danang in 67 with with the USMC ( VMF(AW) -235 ) , A F-8 squadron . I was a long time user of the original Vietnam War Project in FSX( a group of Frenchmen ? ) . Have long gotten rid of FSX and primarily use P3D4.5 and 5.0 . I strayed away from Flight simming for several months possibly over a year while being hooked on the American Truck Simulator . Still love to play it but migrating back to simming now . I'm old and retired now so I can do both LOL ! Good luck with this project as it has sparked the interest of many here at SOH . We all appreciate the time and talent you are putting into this !

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Really looking forward to this project ! Was at Danang in 67 with with the USMC ( VMF(AW) -235 ) , A F-8 squadron . I was a long time user of the original Vietnam War Project in FSX( a group of Frenchmen ? ) . Have long gotten rid of FSX and primarily use P3D4.5 and 5.0 . I strayed away from Flight simming for several months possibly over a year while being hooked on the American Truck Simulator . Still love to play it but migrating back to simming now . I'm old and retired now so I can do both LOL ! Good luck with this project as it has sparked the interest of many here at SOH . We all appreciate the time and talent you are putting into this !
    Thank you for your very kind words. Such words are always an inspiration and motivation for further and even better work ! I hope you will like this final result. This is much more than what the project offered over ten years ago, I personally enjoy it a lot during creating this and testing .
    Now, Im "polishing" carrier ops. What is good, I finally found an idea for catapult for scenery and approach frequencies. It wasnt as easy as with moving carriers but the final result is very ok. You will need for this RFN gauge, but all the necessary entries (just for copy and paste) will be in the manual of VWP'2021.
    Here example from Yankee station (USS Constellation) - before launching from the catapult and in approach mode. Of course, it will be possible always to add own movable carriers by AICarriers2 as desired, but I wanted to have in the scenery aircraft carriers, on which it will be very easy to start right from the P3Dv5 menu (just entry the airport ID) without doing anything.

Last edited by YoYo; May 7th, 2021 at 01:22.

This is big milestone (and how important) near the end. AI "Hueys" traffic. Preview of some models (but not all!) during AI traffic tests :- ))).

I hope you like it.

Free weekend? Why not go to Chu Lai beach, but remember - Dont Surf Charlie ; ))) !!! *

https://macmedadestruction.com/charl...erry-shine-did
    https://mpora.com/surfing/surfing-vi...aved-soldiers/

* these wonderful Longboard from Nam war period made for me awstub, Thank You again!

Next good move, I hope you like it too. The orginal VnWP had this "paper" Huey as static. It was in 2010 and model was from FS9 - for sure, with max FPS even on your Today's smartphone ; ).
    But we are in 2021. Together with awstub we changed this Huey, I also optimalized it Today for mass insertion with small FPS loss.... but it looks a lot better.

So no more "paper Huey" for P3Dv5. The new one:

A-4 (of Dino) Scooter fun.

You tease ! LOL
    Can't wait !!!

Hey YoYo,

Far out those shots look great. Well done on all your hard work!! Those Huey and AH1 models look mint!

I'm not sure if this is any help but I have been working on my own Vietnam War project based on the original package the same as you, but for FSX. I have about 30+ extra airfields in various stages of completion. They vary from smaller 1000 foot caribou strips to some of the bigger firebases. I've only really used the original libraries.

I was considering whether there would be others out there willing to help put something together as a package. I'm really excited to see you doing something along those lines. I can put together an airfield scenery okay, but there a lot of opportunity for AI traffic and other things out there. I'd love to provide any help I can. I've been looking at P3D but was hesitant as all my own creations are for FSX:SE and I'm still wary of the compatibility with FSX addons. Id love to show some screenshots of some of my work but I'd rather not hijack your thread

Cheers,
    Bman

Ok, a little more important and good info.

What is good, dedicated sub-webpage for Vietnam War Project'2021 (in English) is started. If you check the MAP - ... yes its true, 100% of airfields in Vietnam are done and finished, some still require minor improvements, but that's cosmetic only, which will be corrected at the time of release of 0.95v.
    I decided also to divide the entire scenery into parts (but big parts!). The PART1 - most important - the whole Vietnam 1965-74 like on the map (so more than 100 airfields and places). The second part will be Cambodia and Laos (later this year if everything goes well).
    What is important, now I have near full rights, permissions and agreement from many authors of obejcts and orginal authors (Xavier and Jaques even, yes!) of this project from 2010. Still waiting for some answers - so for now only closed testing group.

You can click on this banner:

Note for release (0.95v):

I would like to do it on Memorial Day. This day specifically reserved for honoring members of the military who sacrificed their lives in past wars, the more that many military were lost in the Vietnam war.

The VWP'2021 for P3Dv5 PART1 0.95v will appear 30th May - as beta stage for small group of SOH users only.

How to apply for the beta Team:

requirements for software: you must to have P3Dv5 * (it doesnt work for P3Dv4.5), FTX Global Vector for v5 * and you must to have FS Global Ultimate – NG 2020 * (mesh 5m for Asia), links on the first page on this topic. Manual incoming.
    requirements to be beta member: SOH user **, please send me Private message with your real name + city and working email and you will have to accept the terms (for beta period), in a separate correspondence (email) you will get a link for your copy on May 30.

If everything is ok, the full release is planned for June / July (rather).

*Compatibility cannot be guaranteed without this.
    ** The group may be limited by the number of people, I do not want to specify how many people now, because P3Dv5 is not as popular as it used to be due to MSFS, but I plan that it will be a dozen people (not more).

Quote Originally Posted by bman81 View Post
    Hey YoYo, ......
    Oh well! It is a pity that you're speaking so late . Of course, I would like to use the help, preferably join to the beta team and if in the process of testing it will be worth changing / improving something here, why not to do this? However, I want to have very good FPS also so here is a limitation in terms of performance.
    Currently, despite the large AI traffic, many objects etc, everything is very ok in my opinion.

Edit. I forget added - free space 1,1Tb.
    Last edited by YoYo; May 28th, 2021 at 07:15.

Pm sent Yoyo. Looking at the manual, looks great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Oh well! It is a pity that you're speaking so late . Of course, I would like to use the help, preferably join to the beta team and if in the process of testing it will be worth changing / improving something here, why not to do this? However, I want to have very good FPS also so here is a limitation in terms of performance.
    Currently, despite the large AI traffic, many objects etc, everything is very ok in my opinion.

Edit. I forget added - free space 1,1Tb.
    I'll have to look into P3D then ASAP

Hey YoYo,

Far out those shots look great. Well done on all your hard work!! Those Huey and AH1 models look mint!

I'm not sure if this is any help but I have been working on my own Vietnam War project based on the original package the same as you, but for FSX. I have about 30+ extra airfields in various stages of completion. They vary from smaller 1000 foot caribou strips to some of the bigger firebases. I've only really used the original libraries.

I was considering whether there would be others out there willing to help put something together as a package. I'm really excited to see you doing something along those lines. I can put together an airfield scenery okay, but there a lot of opportunity for AI traffic and other things out there. I'd love to provide any help I can. I've been looking at P3D but was hesitant as all my own creations are for FSX:SE and I'm still wary of the compatibility with FSX addons. Id love to show some screenshots of some of my work but I'd rather not hijack your thread

Cheers,
    Bman
    I´m a FSX-guy, so you´d have at least one interested customer.

If there is a possibility to have the AI-traffic (at least that part that works on FSX) seperated from the scenery? I´m a bit hesitant to get rid of my "french" Project Vietnam-scenery, but would definetly love some more AI-traffic for that region.

HAJO

I'll have to look into P3D then ASAP
    I think it's worth it, if you already have a 20XX series GPU (or better ;>!), the performance (on DX12) increases a lot on the new P3Dv5 (and always you can turn off EA for better performance even).
    The minus is that it requires often paid addon upgrades, but often there are discounts (as now FTX -50% until 5/31). Lockheed Martin has also 14 Day Money-Back Guarantee if you are not satisfied how P3Dv5 works on your spec.

I have found that the AI traffic files that came with the original VnW Project can work just fine if you replace the VnW AI aircraft with ones that are FSX native. Once you have the FSX native AI models you can use AIFP to swap them with the original AI models in the VnW flight plans. This also works for P3Dv4.5 (not sure about P3Dv5 yet, since I won't have it until next week).

The biggest problem with FSX though....in my opinion..... is that it can't handle the AI traffic necessary to make it feel immersive.
    I have both FSX and P3D on my old Windows 7 x64 PC (and on my new win 10 system as well) and so I tested with both FSX and P3Dv4 and was shocked at the performance difference.
    I used the original VnW Project scenery... but I removed all of the static a/c and basically replaced them by adding AI flight plans. FSX SimDirector couldn't handle it and crashed within 30 seconds or so.
    Even when I moved all the sliders down to 0, it still couldn't cope with it and would crash.
    On the other hand, P3Dv4 could handle it all and still maintain 15 to 20 fps on the taxiways and 20 to 25 fps in flight. It runs even better on my new system...25 to 35 fps on the taxiways and 40 to 60+ fps in flight... even though I'm using the old video card from the Windows 7 system.

I think it looks pretty realistic too:

366 TFW parking area and F-102A's taxiing out from their parking area:

Taxiing past the middle flight line area:

Parked by the entrance to the engine run-up pad:

parked in the south arm/de-arm pad (near the civil terminal) :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 76ZTNX9.jpg  
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

FYI. Mails with current beta version was sent.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    FYI. Mails with current beta version was sent.
    You know what I’m doing tomorrow!

You know what I’m doing tomorrow!
    I hope! Remember where you must start (from manual ).
    Many airports have also been historically improved based on real data. A good example can be Soc Trang , you can find even Tiger ;D:

It looks fantastic YoYo! Soc Trang certainly needed some love!

PM sent also

Members who have read this thread: 11