P3D_V5 Vietnam War Project '2021 (preview) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam War Project '2021 (preview)

Great, PM sent!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That sounds great! Would be nice if there could be some sort of "scalable" traffic, so I won´t overcrowd my sky in Vietnam and put too much stress on FSX.

HAJO

For sure, its "scalable" now, for 1% (minimal traffic), 10% (something like 1/3), 50-70% and more (for full traffic in scenery).

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The overall amount of AI traffic is scalable, as YoYo mentioned, but I have found that the number of flight plans that include a particular airport also has a large effect.

For instance, if you have flight plans from four different airports ("Airport A", "Airport B", "Airport C" and 'Airport D") that each have a flight that goes to "Airport E"..... traffic at the first four airports might not be too heavy for FSX Simconnect, but traffic at Airport E will be too much for it to handle.

I have FSX and P3dv4 on my system and I have been experimenting with only having AI (i.e. no static aircraft) at bases in SEA in an attempt to make the bases appear to be "alive". It takes a lot of AI though and I have been able to get the number of AI up enough by increasing the number of flights in the associated flight plans for each base.
    P3Dv4 has virtually no problem with the high number of AI....but when I try to run the same flight plans in FSX, Simconnect just can't handle it and I start seeing error messages and then AI starts to disappear.

Besides AI for realistic bases, the amount of AI you have also makes a big difference if you are running FSCAI, since it takes control of AI traffic and has them attack targets that present themselves along their route. Then, after their ordnance runs out, it returns them to their original flight plan.

When you start from an airbase that is so busy with AI that you have to wait in line to take off..... and then fly through an area where you can see AI flights attacking targets on their own (or an enemy AI flight, which will attack you if you get within a certain distance of their flight plan), it really spices things up.

That sounds great! Would be nice if there could be some sort of "scalable" traffic, so I won´t overcrowd my sky in Vietnam and put too much stress on FSX.

HAJO
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Yeah, me having an older computer I will most likely get issues when traffic is too high. Especially when I turn on FSCAI, since it creates additional objects. Even now I sometimes get the message "too much objects" and need to make sure that I either turn off FSCAI or even better restart the Sim.

But of course it would be cool to have some "action" going on with FSCAI! Propably just need to turn it off and on again to lighten the load on the CPU...

HAJO

I've been working on the same thing , in v4 thoughuntil my external hard drive died. Starting over! Loks like you're having some great success! Can't wait to test it out !

Bien Hoa AFB.

I took L-19 Bird dog of BBSimulations (P3Dv5), not fresh model ;> but after 1.3 update it works in P3Dv5, quite nice model however I did som of modifications for VC textures (glass also, looked very bad in v5). Good plane to closely visit scenery : ). I have old Bird dog of Sibwings (it was very good model) but its a problem in P3Dv5 even with proper activations (missing textures ect).

I think nice flyable models for VnWP'2021 and P3Dv5 will be:
    (incoming soon) Milviz A-1H Skyrider, BBS L-19 Bird Dog, SWS F-4B/N Phantom II, AH C-119 Boxcar (but Im not sure does it work for P3Dv5?), Manfred's free C-47 (but it needs a skin for example Air America), A-4 Skyhawk of Dino, Cessna 337 of Carenado (substitute of O-2) ... any others compatible with P3Dv5 ideas welcome (Id like to add those list to manual, thanks!).

Unfortunately, the Sibwings Bird Dog has an anti-piracy thing built into it which does not work in P3D anymore. This causes the loss of body parts/textures. I really miss that beautifully done bird. I wish that one of the commercial devs could pick it up (the model is on sale at CGTrader, I think).

Never knew the L-19, I'm going to check that out! Thanks for mentioning.

The C-119 works in P3D V5 here, and there's an Air America skin out there for MJahns C-47. For Laos, Ants T28 is nice to fly, as well as Aerosofts OV-10 Bronco (works in V5 with the latest update), Piglets OH6, OV10 and OV-1 Mohawk, Milviz F100, F4 Phantom, and Otter / Beaver / Huey, as well as the default C-130 should be mentioned. There's plenty to fly :-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I have a freeware O-1F Bird Dog that I converted to work in P3D. It is not a nice as the Sibwings O-1 but I think it looks good enough for people to want to fly it. I have also added Tacpack to it and now it I just need to finish adding the rocket tubes to it. Unfortunately, Tacpack doesn't have provisions for smoke marking rockets though.
    I'm also doing the same treatment to a freeware O-2A Skymaster that I found...... but right now I'm trying to finish getting a cockpit merged into the AH-1G model.

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Unfortunately, the Sibwings Bird Dog has an anti-piracy thing built into it which does not work in P3D anymore. This causes the loss of body parts/textures. I really miss that beautifully done bird. I wish that one of the commercial devs could pick it up (the model is on sale at CGTrader, I think).

Never knew the L-19, I'm going to check that out! Thanks for mentioning.

The C-119 works in P3D V5 here, and there's an Air America skin out there for MJahns C-47. For Laos, Ants T28 is nice to fly, as well as Aerosofts OV-10 Bronco (works in V5 with the latest update), Piglets OH6, OV10 and OV-1 Mohawk, Milviz F100, F4 Phantom, and Otter / Beaver / Huey, as well as the default C-130 should be mentioned. There's plenty to fly :-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    Current System Specs :

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post

Cheers,
    Mark
    Have never been able to get the "early" version of the Herc - from CS. to work properly in V5.1. Can get the default & the various mod's out there / here to work - but not the 3-blade prop, with the outboard tanks - C-130A i believe...... Maybe its just me??

Thanks
    Bill

Thx for ideas.

.... and I remembered about the H-13 Sioux that I have (over the US Embassy / Saigon):

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I have a freeware O-1F Bird Dog that I converted to work in P3D. It is not a nice as the Sibwings O-1 but I think it looks good enough for people to want to fly it. I have also added Tacpack to it and now it I just need to finish adding the rocket tubes to it. Unfortunately, Tacpack doesn't have provisions for smoke marking rockets though.
    I'm also doing the same treatment to a freeware O-2A Skymaster that I found...... but right now I'm trying to finish getting a cockpit merged into the AH-1G model.
    Whatever of these models is FSX - here, here!

HAJO

They should work OK in both FSX and P3Dv.

Quote Originally Posted by HajoL. View Post
    Whatever of these models is FSX - here, here!

HAJO
    Current System Specs :

Need a rest after your duty during Vietnam War? Vung Tau AFB and his beaches will be perfect for you. ; )))

The work in progress still. :- )

@awstub, any news about Your AH-1G? : )

Sound test of scenery , yep, somewhere (some places) you will can notice this, click on video:

Good for Huey gunship .

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The work in progress still. :- )

@awstub, any news about Your AH-1G? : )
    Sorry it's taking longer than I anticipated....I had to replace my primary hard drive, so I had to re-install everything before I could get started with it.
    Fortunately, I did not lose any data.
    The cockpit is about 50% done so far and at the rate I'm going, I think I'll have it merged and ready for you by next weekend.
    Current System Specs :

Sorry it's taking longer than I anticipated....I had to replace my primary hard drive, so I had to re-install everything before I could get started with it.
    Fortunately, I did not lose any data.
    The cockpit is about 50% done so far and at the rate I'm going, I think I'll have it merged and ready for you by next weekend.
    I can take it without cockipt, just to change the static version ; ).

Btw.
    Most of screenies Im showing without EA in P3Dv5. Now, I present VVCH - Chu Lai, big US AFB in EA=on. Chu Lai AFB:

Today something different (Hue Citadel)- airfield and helipad in Hue, but its also great part of Vietnam history. As the ancient imperial capital and cradle of Vietnamese history and culture, Hué stood as a tremendous psychological prize in the struggle for control of that beleaguered country.
    You will can hear also monk's song in this scenery in P3Dv5 as special effect ;>.

The Battle of Long Tan (18 August 1966) took place in a rubber plantation near Long Tân, in Phước Tuy Province, South Vietnam.
    The action was fought between Viet Cong (VC) and People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN) units and elements of the 1st Australian Task Force (1 ATF). Supply ammo mission (plus the new RAAF "Bushranger" skin from No. 9 Squadron RAAF).

btw. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441881/

Can't wait to try this out ! Looks amazing so far ! Thanks in advance for all your work !

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Can't wait to try this out ! Looks amazing so far ! Thanks in advance for all your work !
    Thank You for kind words! Now, Im working about some of Vietnam war "missions". Here are few examples - Ho Chi Minh Trails, MiG crash site, Tonkin Gulf Incident and Hamburger Hill ect.

AH-1G Cobra AI

YoYo,

I sent you a PM....

It's not a great model (I'm working on a better/much more accurate one) but I guess it'll do OK as a static and AI model for now.
    I re-did the texture mapping and added a cockpit, crew, rocket pods and intake screens and also updated the turret so it now has the proper 20 MM and 40 MM armament.

Current System Specs :

YoYo,

I sent you a PM....
    Yep, noticed and downloaded! Wait for screenshots set : ))). Thank You very mutch for this, it will be fine to complement the scenery with Cobras (I have to think where is the best to add them)!

Ok. Today Id like to show finished Yankee Station (Dixie is finished also, I will add some pictures soon).
    What is good it will part of the scenery VWP'2021 so you can use it as "airfield" for start and radio for guidance. It will be a "stationary scenario", but you can of course also use your AI Carriers 2 to add your own aircraft carrier. Of course, there are some simplifications here, but it is about illustrating the situation.
    This part presents CV-64 USS Constellation.

Yankee Station was a point in the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Vietnam used by the U.S. Navy aircraft carriers of Task Force 77 to launch strikes in the Vietnam War. While its official designation was "Point Yankee," it was universally referred to as Yankee Station. Carriers conducting air operations at Yankee Station were said to be "on the line" and statistical summaries were based on days on the line.

Last edited by YoYo; April 23rd, 2021 at 05:29.

Current System Specs :

Members who have read this thread: 11