2nd PC install. Licenses

Thread: 2nd PC install. Licenses

2nd PC install. Licenses

Hi
    Difficult to find info in MSFS sites. Now that I spend a lot of time in secondary home decided to buy a second pc and install MSFS. So I looked for info about versions content (own Premium de Luxe but really donīt need airliners) only found this in "Toms Guide) and not able to find if I will need to buy another license or just log in into my Microsoft account on 2nd pc. Found something about creating a family, others about log into account, others about license transfer. Nothing plainly clear. Bought my version on MS Store.
    Need help please.Thanks

You can just log into your Microsoft account that you used to purchase the game and redownload it via the Microsoft store. All of your settings, logbook etc should carry over as well as they are tied to your Microsoft account.

Hi, thanks. Thatīs great. Bought a 3070, now intend to build a new machine based on my old 1080 this will bee good to spare some €...

You can probably get a concrete answer over at the official forum. I have read that if two people share a 'puter with different accounts, then both need to buy a license or one needs to be logged in as the other. I don't think I've read anything about one person using the same license on multiple rigs.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So long as you are not trying to use the game on the same account on both computers at the same time, I am 100% certain you can download and install Flight Simulator (or anyone game on the Microsoft Store, as well as Xbox) to multiple devices. If you try to launch the game on a second device while you are logged in on another device, it will ask you if you want to sign out on one of the devices. The game is bound to your Microsoft account, not the device you are using. This has been the case since Windows 10 launched.

Flight Simulator forum moderator confirming it: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...2-pcs/161170/3

More discussion: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/installing-fs2020-on-a-second-pc/364996
    Last edited by ak416; March 5th, 2021 at 16:18. Reason: clarification

Hi Gents, thank you both
    Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0