Odds and Sods

Thread: Odds and Sods

Odds and Sods

Thought i'd start a new thread of odds and sods, smaller scenerys that i cant take any further either because of lack of info or enthusiasm, but would be a waste to bin---
    So to start the ball rolling, we visit France, summer 1939, the calm before the storm. Barberey-Troyes, eastern France. There is an airfield off this name and a unit of Amiot 143, represented by Chris and Shessi's model, was based there, other than that, ive used my imagination based on vintage pics of the Amiot i found online.
    The scenery is basic but ive included an impressive line up of 143's, static only im afraid, with little performance hit.

Custom objects by me,
    Renault's by Edmundo Abad

You'll need my RAF Manston 45 FS9 for a few extra objects to show
    Odviously, you'll need Chris and Shessi's FS9 Amiot143 in your hangar
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey don't waste a thing Ian, any scenery is welcome. There are so many unrepresented airfields out there, more the merrier.

The Amiot 143 is one of my models, do you want a static lower detail version for this scenery, and any other French ones?

Cheers

Shessi

german and french airfields

Hallo Ian,
    concerning missing infos for german or french airfields,
    feel free to ask me, I will than look what I yet have
    or will find for you.
    As I have to thank you for all the nice airfields you do for us,
    in return I will be glad if I can furnish you some docs or anything
    else
    Yours
    Papi

The airport I would be most interested in seeing in FS2004 and FSX is Guidonia in it's WWII form. It was a very important Reggia Aeronautica research base.
    Matt

Thanks Papi, i'll keep you in mind for the future, Im actually starting to amass quite a collection of Luftwaffe info, esp with Huubs link to Henry L. deZeng's site, there's no maps or picture's, but with some logical thinking and a google earth image, you get a pretty good idea just by the his description of the facilities

Odds and Sods

Hallo Ian,
    the next time I will be at home I will see to get more info about Vannes-Meucon and Lann-Bihoue.
    If I can I will go there and gather as most info as possible
    What is the link from Huub you speak about?
    Will be certainly interesting for me also LOL
    Yours
    Papi

https://www.ww2.dk/lwairfields.html

Here's the link Papi, dont worry about getting info, im not looking for new ideas at the moment, nothing to stop you having a go though

Odds and Sods

Hallo Ian,
    thank you for the link,
    this one I almost used it,
    when I mentionned I added nav aids to some airfields I did base on these informations if the airfields had
    almost navaids
    I thought that Huub has yet another more source LOL
    Yours
    Papi

Biggin Hill anyone

This came about from a screenshot by Huub, The scenery was actually by Gary Burns (Gary20) and was originally released back in 2006, and although representing a Battle of Britain era airfield, its layout was post war, so ive replaced and moved major buildings like hangers ect, and tweaked the airfield layout back to spring 1940 before it was seriously damaged by Luftwaffe attacks. Pretty much all the hangers were destroyed including the Belfast south of the main runway that was dynamited by order of the station commander as it was consider'd a navigation aid for the Lufftwaffe.
    Ive also increased the parking and traffic, i did consider using John Young's mk1 Spit as Ai, but Gary's models still look pretty sharp, so ive included them in the zip. Just copy them into your aircraft folder. You'll also need my Manston scenery installed for a few obs to show

Thank to Gary for letting me mess around with his scenery

Thanks Ian!

A small warning for those who will install this scenery in GW3. The Biggin Hill scenery as you saw it in my screenshot might be part of the standard GW3 so you have to locate and remove this first. I had a similar issue with two different versions of Hawkinge installed over each other. (with quite a lot of hangars as result).

Cheers,
    Huub

Nice surprise Ian,

Thanks very much for re-vamping an important and classic airfield.

Cheers

Shessi

RAF Pembrey

From Biggin to a lesser known Bob airfield, located in south Wales, Pembrey was a 10th group airfield protecting the south west of the UK, and major cities as Cardiff and Bristol. Not quite in the thick of it as Biggin, the airfield was kept busy during the summer of 1940.
    In June 1942, an FW190 became lost and assuming he was flying across the channel to northern France, was in fact flying north across the Bristol channel and landed at Pembrey by mistake after performing a victory role over the airfield, providing the RAF with a fully intact example to look over.
    This is quite basic scenery and you'll need my Manston and Bradwell Bay scenery and the Ai Spits from the above Biggin scenery, although they are only static

Hi Ian,
    Thanks again for these 'odds and sods' airfields, all welcome. Good to have somewhere in Wales to fly from.

..there wouldn't be a St Davids, St Athan or even Pembroke Dock in them thar vaults?..

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks Ian

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Ian,
    Thanks again for these 'odds and sods' airfields, all welcome. Good to have somewhere in Wales to fly from.

..there wouldn't be a St Davids, St Athan or even Pembroke Dock in them thar vaults?..

Cheers

Shessi
    Or 53 OTU Llandow and the rlg at Rhoose ( nowadays Cardiff airport) where the ditty ' High Flight 'was penned,
    Carew Cheriton, Pengam Moors ( now a Tesco superstore)
    The latter where Guy Gibson flew in to attending his own wedding

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0