Corsair inbound! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Corsair inbound!

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but the cowl flaps still don't open when I work with the lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    I uninstalled and reinstalled, but the cowl flaps still don't open when I work with the lever.
    let me check (later this evening). maybe the plane needs an update after the sim got updated.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

cowl flaps do open and close on my end
    jk4188 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4185 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4190 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Well...

I took the Corsair for a quick spin, and the cowl flaps worked as expected. I’m going to chalk that up to a gremlin in the system that has seemed to resolve itself.

I also have to say this game is beautiful.

jk4319 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I hope you're not fed up with Corsair paintschemes yet?
    jk4336

jk4346

jk4351

jk4354

jk4349

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I hope you're not fed up with Corsair paintschemes yet?
    Oorah! Love it!

A truly awesome aircraft!!!
    Project Consultant - Luft'46 Design Team

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Hehehehehehe

I've updated NZ5545, for those interested:

"Well...

I took the Corsair for a quick spin, and the cowl flaps worked as expected. I’m going to chalk that up to a gremlin in the system that has seemed to resolve itself."

Well...after taking a month off, I went to fly the Corsair, and the gremlin is back. Main engine cowl flaps are not working when I use the control from the cockpit, or keyboard controls. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plane, then moved it out and back in to the community folder. No dice.

Major update posted on Milviz forum: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=248&t=12945

Changelog:

Fixes:

-fix main fuel tank and reserve fuel pipe
    -fix fuel selector change in between empty tank
    -fix flap vs gravity when no hydraulic
    -fix elevator trim animation
    -fix pilot appearance
    -fix blade propeller control/feathering.
    -fix wheel animation on airborne.
    -change wing fold locking mechanism

Additions:

-add Gunsight option for hide/unhide
    -add more function to engine explode feature
    -add prop strike model when prop hit ground
    -add blade crank procedure (mandatory) on checklist
    -add checklist order to follow (manual start)
    -add moving map on chart board.
    -add Quickview Camera

Flight model improvements:

-Engine power management (manifold pressure, propeller configuration, WEP/Supercharger ? )
    -Stall characteristics introduced:
    Power On stall (Takeoff, Climb and Clean configuration...)
    Power Off stall (Landing and Clean configuration)
    Secondary stall
    Cross-controlled Stall

-General aircraft flight model improved along all three axis
    -Engine parameters fixed (CHT, Oil P, Oil T, Magneto drop)
    -Start Up / Shut Down sequence
    -Simplified on take off and landing.

Sound Improvements

-added sound effect to prop strike
    -added sound to neutral position of cooler flap handles
    -engine runs rough when mixture is too rich (especially noticable at higher altitudes)
    -enhanced stall effect
    -increased volume of ground roll
    -minor tweaks here and there

NEW as of 6/22/21

Milviz Corsair for MSFS2020 - Service Pack 1 Changelog
    --------------

- Weapons. Bombs are available for the three center pylons, which will disappear (weight and 3D model) when using the manual releases in the cockpit. Rockets available for the wing stations as a static (non-firing) display, with accurate weight. Functioning .50 cal wing guns (sound and muzzle flash, will not damage or affect other aircraft or objects) with weight of ammunition being tracked and removed while firing.

- Moving map display & aircraft loadout manager. Taking a suitable position on the chart board, toggle between a map and a loadout page where aircraft loading options may be set and overall weight reviewed.

- Custom two-stage auxiliary supercharger simulation added with functioning three position (neutral - low - high) shift lever. Functionality is properly tuned to restore engine power lost with altitude.

- Simulation of a hydraulically locked engine condition, requiring the prop to be pulled through on a cold start along with a resulting starter failure if not attended to.

- Custom mixture lever which has functioning auto-lean/auto-rich/full-rich lever positions.

- Custom fuel system. Capability to start the aircraft on fuel present in the priming system, with mixture at idle-cutoff.

- Revision to war emergency power & water injection / anti-detonation system. War emergency power (WEP) is defined as the upper-most range of the throttle lever. When in the WEP range, the water injection system automatically kicks in, using a 5 minute supply of water to prevent detonation. Water injection light begins to blink when 2-1/2 minutes of water remains, turns solid when water tank is empty. Carb temp warning light will illuminate shortly thereafter, signaling the beginning of detonation.

- Revision to engine failure system - timer now starts when using war emergency power while out of water & unable to prevent engine detonation.

- Custom hydraulic simulation added, along with corrected behavior of aircraft items dependant on hydraulic pressure (wing folding, landing gear, arresting hook, gun charging, cooling flaps).

- Oil pressure on a cold engine start models thick oil by rising significantly above normal on start and failling to a normal range as engine warms.

- Startup routine and logic further tweaked for realism.

- CG tuned to provide greater realism for various loadouts. CG slider is locked to prevent unwanted adjustment by the simulator.

- Overall size of aircraft scaled correctly.

- Engine failure now results in oil splatter on fuselage.

- Fuel tanks are droppable through realistic in-cockpit controls.

- Checklist ordering and changes.

- Tooltip fixes.

Service Pack 1 Changelog

- Weapons. Bombs are available for the three center pylons, which will disappear (weight and 3D model) when using the manual releases in the cockpit. Rockets available for the wing stations as a static (non-firing) display, with accurate weight. Functioning .50 cal wing guns (sound and muzzle flash, will not damage or affect other aircraft or objects) with weight of ammunition being tracked and removed while firing.
    - Moving map display & aircraft loadout manager. Taking a suitable position on the chartboard, toggle between a map and a loadout page where aircraft loading options may be set and overall weight reviewed.
    - Custom two-stage auxiliary supercharger simulation added with functioning three position (neutral - low - high) shift lever. Functionality is properly tuned to restore engine power lost with altitude.
    - Simulation of a hydraulically locked engine condition, requiring the prop to be pulled through on a cold start along with a resulting starter failure if not attended to.
    - Custom mixture lever which has functioning auto-lean/auto-rich/full-rich lever positions.
    - Custom fuel system. Capability to start the aircraft on fuel present in the priming system, with mixture at idle-cutoff.
    - Revision to war emergency power & water injection / anti-detonation system. War emergency power (WEP) is defined as the upper-most range of the throttle lever. When in the WEP range, the water injection system automatically kicks in, using a 5 minute supply of water to prevent detonation. Water injection light begins to blink when 2-1/2 minutes of water remains, turns solid when water tank is empty. Carb temp warning light will illuminate shortly thereafter, signalling the beginning of detonation.
    - Revision to engine failure system - timer now starts when using war emergency power while out of water & unable to prevent engine detonation.
    - Custom hydraulic simulation added, along with corrected behavior of aircraft items dependant on hydraulic pressure (wing folding, landing gear, arresting hook, gun charging, cooling flaps).
    - Oil pressure on a cold engine start models thick oil by rising significantly above normal on start and falling to a normal range as engine warms.
    - Startup routine and logic further tweaked for realism.
    - CG tuned to provide greater realism for various loadouts. CG slider is locked to prevent unwanted adjustment by the simulator.
    - Overall size of aircraft scaled correctly.
    - Engine failure now results in oil splatter on fuselage.
    - Fuel tanks are droppable through realistic in-cockpit controls.
    - Checklist ordering and changes.
    - Tooltip fixes.
    - Chocks.

https://www.facebook.com/Milviz
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I installed the beta and took 'er up for a "quick" cross country over the mountains.

...WOW!

I really liked the Milviz Corsair before, but now? Nearly perfection! As others have said; if this a minor update, what on earth constitutes a Major update?!

Service Pack released!

Service Pack released: FG-1D Corsair for MSFS2020.
    (Owners have been notified)

Changelog
    chartboard compatibility fixes for SU5
    takeoff roll changes
    stall behaviour changes
    prop response changes

Click spots and mouse interactions have changed in SU5 in a way that may not be intuitive. All controls work, however, 3-way switches are now controlled by click+drag and mousewheel events.

So if you see a little grabby hand, it means drag / mousewheel. If you see a pointy finger, it means mouse-click.

https://www.facebook.com/Milviz/
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Splendorous...what a plane...everything ok again...

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of a livery for this wonderful addon that was on Flightsim.to by author "Shoushki", representing No.5 based in Olathe, KS. This users files are no longer available, but I found some screenshots of what it looked like, and it looked amazing.

Great pics,great model

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of a livery for this wonderful addon that was on Flightsim.to by author "Shoushki", representing No.5 based in Olathe, KS.
    Hey Sean, I sent you a private message with links to download them from my cloud storage.

Shame he removed these. I'd been questioning whether I really needed to keep copies of all of the stuff I'd installed in MSFS, but between this and JP leaving FlightSim.to and deleting all his sceneries, I guess the answer is "yes."

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Hey Sean, I sent you a private message with links to download them from my cloud storage.

Shame he removed these. I'd been questioning whether I really needed to keep copies of all of the stuff I'd installed in MSFS, but between this and JP leaving FlightSim.to and deleting all his sceneries, I guess the answer is "yes."
    Thank you so much for the help! It is indeed a shame that they were withdrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

Didnīt own the plane at the time so I donīt download it, but have an idea it was criticized, someone wrote that there was something wrong with the paint...maybe thatīs the reason it was deleted. Just a guess. The skin is realy impressive would like to have it to, please.

Members who have read this thread: 1