Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corsair inbound!

That would be a sabot AP round IIRC.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Aha, somehow i suspected something horrendous must be going on there...

Thanks, guys, googled 'sabot AP round' and the same photo turned up. All clear now. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Say Major Spittle, i gotta ask, what on earth are we looking at regarding that b/w photo in your signature ?....

And what has it got to do with Budweiser Beer ?...

It has intrigued me from the first time i saw it..

And i wouldn't worry about pricing, you know you're going to order that Corsair one way or another.
    That is an APFSDS tank round, I was a tanker back in the day. That signature is old as hell. The system specs make me laugh now. Just got back into flight sim, need to figure out how to update my signature.

And I wouldn't be too sure about me getting the corsair, I kinda like planes with engines you can blow up or wear out pushing them too hard. After getting the A2A B377 and P-47 in FSX I rarely flew anything else.

I spent way too much on FSX planes that I didn't use. FS2020 will be different.
    Major Spittle
    product of Anheuser Busch St. Louis Missouri

System Specs. Asus Prime Z590-A, 64GB DDR4 4000, RX 5700, i7 10700, MasterLiquid ML240R, Super Flower Platinum 850, Corsair Crystal 680X.

I share the same feelings concerning the MSFS addons. A2A (more precisely, Accusim) is missing from MSFS today and that is, to me a critical problem.
    I had bought that Corsair from Milviz back in P3Dv4. I liked it, yes, it was beautiful and flew well. But it was nowhere near any warbird from A2A (Spit/P40/Mustang) on the pleasure and immersion point of view.
    That being said, given the current aircraft release pace at A2A, it will probably take 3 to 4 years before we see any interesting (means NOT a GA) aircraft from them coming to MSFS.
    Also, A2A has always refused to Accusim their Corsair, so chances are no Accusim Corsair in MSFS ever.
    So this Corsair will do in the meanwhile.

Daube, do you have A2A's Accu-Feel product for P3D? That goes a fair way toward making an otherwise high-quality plane such as Milviz's feel like an Accu-Sim. Not all the way, but at least to the point where they don't feel like night-and-day.

I agree that any MSFS plane, whether stock or port-over, with Accu-Nothing, is a sterile experience compared with Accu-Sim.

August

Yes of course I had the A2A Accusim warbirds for P3D.
    I had bought them originally for FSX, then bought the Spitfire again for P3Dv4, which allowed the 32-bits version of the P40 and the Mustang to work as well in the 64 bits environnement
    I also had the Corsair from Milviz.
    As I said earlier, yes the Milviz Corsair was very nice and detailed, a very high quality product, but it could never provide that pleasure you get from starting and controlling an Accusim warbird engine.

Just to rectify a bit: I agree my previous statement (previous message) was a bit exaggerated, to say that the Milviz Corsair was nowhere near an Accusim warbird on an immersion point of view.
    It was close in fact, because that Corsair was truly a fantastic addon (for me).
    It's just the lack of "alive" engine that was the limiting factor.
    When you start an Accusim engine, you know it's not done yet, you merely brought it to life, and now you have to try to keep it there And you're not even sure if it's going to start, to begin with.
    This is what I miss a lot in other makers addons, including that Corsair.

Testing short take offs and landings off a field in the Solomon Islands. The "Ensign Eliminator":

Watching some of the reviews that are now out on the Corsair has me thinking I may want to get it...... You can blow the engine on it and it appears to be "feature rich" compared to other planes I have seen, but oh that beautiful sound and modeling.I wonder how deep the engine modeling goes on it? Whoever gets it first must give an in depth review of engine modeling for us all...... I am not even sure what is possible to model in MSFS2020 yet though, can people model exhaust smoke or exhaust flames? Can engine stress/wear be modeled into failures over time? It would go a long way for air races and FSEconomy for virtual airlines.
    Major Spittle

System Specs. Asus Prime Z590-A, 64GB DDR4 4000, RX 5700, i7 10700, MasterLiquid ML240R, Super Flower Platinum 850, Corsair Crystal 680X.

Does anyone know if a clipped wing (i.e. straight tips rather than curved) version is included please? 🤞

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well out of my price range no doubt.

Do we already know the price ?

No announced price. The P3D version is $39.99. However, the T-45 that Milviz did with Dino is $29.99, and in general planes have been more reasonably priced in MSFS than P3D, so one can hope.

Milviz announced in a comment on their Facebook page that the Corsair will release Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    Milviz announced in a comment on their Facebook page that the Corsair will release Thursday!
    OH YEAH!! Going to be all over that!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

You better hurry and get yours before they run out because I am gonna be up at 1am hitting the F5 key to get mine!
    Major Spittle

This looks nice, but correct me if I am wrong, doesn't the P3D version have a working supercharger (control)? Why is it cosmetic in the MSFS2020 version, lack of system depth of the sim?

The SDK of the sim, as well as the sim itself, are still being developed/improved. This is a continuous process that takes time.
    You can see this as a "temporary" lack of system depth, if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The SDK of the sim, as well as the sim itself, are still being developed/improved. This is a continuous process that takes time.
    Where's the "like" button??

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Does anyone know if the developer plans to update the Turbo and Engine systems when/if the SDK allows for deeper engine modeling?

To me modeling of the engine systems in a way that produces wear on components and engine output relative to environment you are flying in; this is what makes a plane worth flying. If I can push the plane with consequences to how hard I push it, it makes for much deeper game play. You could dogfight or race another person in the same aircraft and not just be moving an avatar at full speed. I had a lot of fun in the A2A B377 loading up passengers and doing the same flight route trying to get the best time with the highest passenger rating. You had your hands full with the flight systems, navigation, flying, and keeping track of weather on the route. It just wasn't hit autopilot and swing by the computer every 20 minutes to look at the land go by underneath zzzzzzz
    Major Spittle

The plane isn't available for purchase yet, but you can download the manual from the product page on the MilViz site. From the description, it looks like engine management is pretty detailed.

https://milviz.com/Online_products/M...User_Guide.pdf

For those of you who enjoy system management more than the joy of flying, I can confirm, yes, engine management is important, and you can not leave the throttle firewalled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corsair1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	82256

Really nice plane. Y'all who were complaining the Spitfire was a handful on the ground, might want to drink a shot to calm your nerves before dropping into the cockpit here. [Edit: Or read Dimus's post below, and RTFP (Read the Friendly Placard)]

Name:	Corsair2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	419.1 KB 
ID:	82257

Name:	Corsair3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	82258
    Last edited by DennyA; April 1st, 2021 at 13:29.

Steps for good takeoffs:

- Look to your left console. There is a placard showing the takeoff trim tab values for rudder, aileron and elevator. Set them like that.
    - Lock tailwheel (Important!)
    - Set flaps at 2nd notch or more
    - Gradual throttle and be ready to use right rudder once you feel the need, not much needed if you set the trims right.
    - It will normally lift on its own without need for elevator forward or aft

Members who have read this thread: 1