Voo Doo site

Thread: Voo Doo site

Voo Doo site

The links of this site are inop.

Looking for voodoo wake effects for the Nimitz and Patuxent that will fix the bars in the wake.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=403934

Some discussion here (long time ago)

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...ic,2481.0.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

Solved

I have found a solution.

Admins please delete.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I have found a solution.

Admins please delete.

Thank you,
    Can you share what you did? I remember this issue.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Can you share what you did? I remember this issue.
    Go to this link and there are some zip files with readmes in them that explain how to use the updated wake effect files. Read each post carefully so as to not overlook anything.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...ic,2481.0.html

After I tried to load up the Nimitz in P3D V4.5, the broken wake effect came back. I guess the wake effect for it does not translate well in P3D V4.
    So, the fix that I thought would work does not. I also have P3D V3 and the Nimitz wake is fine.

You can try my package with Essex to check how it works here, I used the same effects also but I didnt try it in P3Dv4.5 or v5.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...or-FSX-P3D-zip .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I found the attach point in MCDX for the wake and just removed it the added a wake effect in the sim.cfg
    Seems like no matter what other wake effect I used in the attach point for the wake, it would show with bars in it.
    I'll try yours YO-YO to see how that works.

Yo Yo

I got you cv 6 package and used some of your water effects. Using MCDX I located where and what you used for the side and bow effect and tried to emulate that for this ship.

They don't seem to show. No bow brake of waves. Perhaps I need to adjust your position to what I need to make that show. Not sure which way to go with that middle position value.
    It would be hit and miss. I used the same position value you used for your carrier and the effect you used.

I think I nailed the location of the bow effect with MCDX for this ship. So I have both bow and aft wakes. The side wake I will have to figure out.

It was a lot of trial and error positioning the bow effect for the bow wave effect. I think it looks pretty close. The original smoke stack effect had to use a different smoke effect at
    least it was in right location so all I had to do was pick out a smoke stack effect and compile it.

In MCX you have option - Display Attached Object - if you turn it on, you will see the RED DOT. You can move it by digits and if you dont see it, zoom in to be "inside" the ship. This option helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    In MCX you have option - Display Attached Object - if you turn it on, you will see the RED DOT. You can move it by digits and if you dont see it, zoom in to be "inside" the ship. This option helps a lot.
    That I do remember when I was using MCX before. When I attached your bow effect, the position was way to low therefore, I didn't see any red dot for the bow effect, then, I got to changing
    the middle value to a larger number and started to see the red dot(box) that is when I knew that I could made adjustment from there.

Thanks for the info.

Members who have read this thread: 0