Release of sdsbolt's radar plus app. More than meets the eye - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release of sdsbolt's radar plus app. More than meets the eye

Worked a charm this time, cheers

Mick

As this is an important app for the upcoming TOW add-on, I'm stickying this thread now.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks Tom. I have just submitted the latest version, A.I.Radar_v1.2.rar, for upload to the appropriate place (I hope!). Meanwhile the app can also be got at https://www.mediafire.com/file/nxzuy..._v1.2.rar/file
    There is no actual exe file uploaded, but one that has to be renamed.

TOW Pt. I is due tomorrow; unless a final snag is found!
    Last edited by mongoose; February 20th, 2022 at 18:55.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Latest version of sdsbolt's app; Air Intercept Radar update for Combat Flight Simulator 3. Version 1.2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 3 Other Add-Ons - Bombsights, Maps, Radars, and Reticles

Description: Latest version of sdsbolt's app; Air Intercept Radar update for Combat Flight Simulator 3. Version 1.2

Description: This addon adds continues to support for Britain’s A.I. mkVIII radar and non-radar night fighters, and adds the Luftwaffe's Nachjagd Lichtenstein Fug 202 It also continues to support German Knickebein beam targeting for bombers, and adds Lorenz ILS for Luftwaffe 'fliegerhorsten'

Note:
    The app is a cheat engine and therefore Windows tends to block it., That is also why there is no exe file uploaded but the file A.I.Radar.rename_to_EXE, which speaks for itself!

That is also why, in my (Mongoose) case, I downloaded it to a folder where the contents are accepted by the Windows OS. I then keep the exe file in that ‘protected’ folder and make an external shortcut to it and placed where I keep my current CFS3 exe shortcuts. Now, exactly how you do that depends on your set up; use Google or websites to find out if in doubt.

See the documents AI App installation and A.I. Radar Use. In addition the app can be obtained from https://www.mediafire.com/file/nxzuy..._v1.2.rar/file

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Latest version of sdsbolt's app; Air Intercept Radar update for Combat Flight Simulator 3. Version 1.2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Just a reminder of how ro get Windows to accpet the cheat engine, which is what this App is.

"1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
    2. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.

Add an exclusion to Windows Security
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402848..."

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Just a reminder of how ro get Windows to accpet the cheat engine, which is what this App is.

"1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
    2. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.

Add an exclusion to Windows Security
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402848..."

This issue keep coming up, so a reminder, Once you get it, there should be no problem, but windows occasionally throws a hissy fit, so follow the advice of the last sentence below!

""Note:
    The app is a cheat engine and therefore Windows tends to block it., That is also why there is no exe file uploaded but the file A.I.Radar.rename_to_EXE, which speaks for itself!

That is also why, in my (Mongoose) case, I downloaded it to a folder where the contents are accepted by the Windows OS. I then keep the exe file in that ‘protected’ folder and make an external shortcut to it and placed where I keep my current CFS3 exe shortcuts. Now, exactly how you do that depends on your set up; use Google or websites to find out if in doubt.
    "

"My folder is on my desktop, but could be anywhere. In a folder there, I keep all aspects of the app and get my Win 10 pro to list it under 'exclusions'

Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance then click Virus and threat protection, then Exclusions and add or remove exclusions
    C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\ETO TOW Shortcuts\AI Radar Plus\(all contents or what you like in the or similar named folder)

I also keep the downloaded zip file there so when Win10 occasionally gets difficult, I again unzip into that 'secure' folder.""

Members who have read this thread: 5