I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I thought some people might be interested in a freeware project I started a couple of months ago. I'm basically designing replica controls for a range of aircraft that can be assembled as a kit using a simple assembly method I spent 2 years developing. You can either

• Download the CAD files free and print them yourself then source hardware components (like bearings) off Amazon, or,
  • Buy a kit of the parts and get the 3d parts printed by people in the AuthentiKit community - Discord group

The first set of controls is for a Spitfire MkIX and I got some great help from Alex at Flying Iron Simulations so I can get a really authentic fit to their MkIX. After the MkIX, there's a P40B on the drawing board and OzWookiee at Big Radials is helping with that. Plenty more to follow, with generally a vintage focus, not necessarily combat.

I'm making a series of YouTube videos to show the assembly process. Here's the latest one. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated. My aim is to make this a legitimate option for flight controls that will grow and be adopted by freeware developers the way we have a freeware scene for aircraft and scenery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new_fire.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	81594 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trim_wheel.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	81595

If you watch the video below you'll see the emphasis is on simple assembly. You don't need to have a soldering iron or a workshop to do this. It's more like Airfix.

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/U9u1f_TwgcY