For The Record

Thread: For The Record

Blog Entries

For The Record

I recently had my membership account on Sim Outhouse blocked by administration. Their reason...a malicious member had given admin false information about me. The action was purely a political cheap shot stunt, perpetrated by the malicious member, against my person.

At present, my membership has been unbanned...with no retraction, apology nor explanation from admin. They simply unblocked my account leaving in their wake a trail of dead links to my former contributions.

As a result of this action ALL of my contributions to this site, which I have posted over nearly a decade, have been blocked. This work represents thousands of hours of my work that I offered to members at no charge nor obligation.

I have supported this site with yearly contributions and a sizable archive of my work over the past years. The actions of the malicious member and more importantly, the punitive measures taken against me by admin are reprehensible. The collateral damage to members resulting from this action are a direct result of this malicious and cowardly attack upon me by this member who, by the way, had been previously banned from this site then returned under a fictitious "handle".

Quite frankly, I could give less than a rat sass about the inconsequential member or his opinions. On the other hand, the insult to my person and character remains and leaves me with this conundrum.

At present I have several models ready to release to the public. These are the models I have reconstructed following the destruction of my data. I have released several videos validating the fact that these models are indeed fully functional in several simulator platforms. I am however, left with the insult of the events preceding this post and my decision as to where I shall release my finished work. If this site and its management have so little respect for their membership as I have experienced, I cannot find sufficient reason to support SOH any longer with my monetary or other contributions.

I have every intention of releasing my work, possibly on another venue or a site of my own. I have no intention of failing to fulfil my obligations with the authors who have entrusted me with their original data.
    Last edited by gman5250; February 21st, 2021 at 10:19.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Gman, you have contributed tons of noteworthy material and not knowing the ultimate details that prompted the admins' actions, I will surmise that the unconscionable action of the operators of this site without due process is most disturbing. Whatever happened to the axiom "Innocent until proven guilty" or "due process before ones peers"? I truly regret what has happened to you and I trust that this site's admins will, in fact, inevitably, do what is right. Please hang in there and know that I and, I am quite sure, hordes of others who detest this knee-jerk reaction will support you whatever the eventual outcome.. May God speed and blue skies...Terry

Gordon,

That is obviously your own view on things. But you seem to have some holes in your memory. Which I will not fill in here in public.

On gap I will fill in here in public. Please check your PMs to the administrators...
    Read the one which starts with "I recently requested my account be deleted." very carefully and the one you are referring to as well.

Chose the words in your answer very carefully, as you have received multiple warnings from my colleagues in the past, and I consider this one the final one.

Sim-Outhouse is flight simulator forum and not a podium to vent your vision on the world.

Huub

I'm at somewhat of a loss here. Gordon's contributions were never blocked and have been accessible the whole time. I know because I've downloaded several of them after installing my latest rig.

Neither have I seen the mention "blocked" or "banned" under his handle?

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Gordon,

That is obviously your own view on things. But you seem to have some holes in your memory. Which I will not fill in here in public.

On gap I will fill in here in public. Please check your PMs to the administrators...
    Read the one which starts with "I recently requested my account be deleted." very carefully and the one you are referring to as well.

Chose the words in your answer very carefully, as you have received multiple warnings from my colleagues in the past, and I consider this one the final one.

Sim-Outhouse is flight simulator forum and not a podium to vent your vision on the world.

Huub
    My memory is quite intact Huub. The ban resulted from the member injecting himself into a situation where he had no business. The decision to ban was initiated as a result of the statement made to admin by another member. My private conversations with Admin preceding the event are my own business

From the response I received from SOH:
    "Last week I was told that you had emailed another member of SOH and in that email you had stated you were seeking legal help to get us to remove your account and files."

Senior Admin member.

The quoted statement was a complete falsehood and lie, initiated by the member who had also sent me numerous private emails. This was clearly intended to cause harm and defame me. If you would like I could post the rest of the private conversation where SOH stated in clear and unambiguous language the reason for their action.

Thank you for respecting my privacy Huub...nice touch, you have validated my thesis.

If you and your "colleagues" choose to terminate my membership, I will require that all of my data be backed up and restored to me as this archive is a source I require to recover my lost data.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I'm at somewhat of a loss here. Gordon's contributions were never blocked and have been accessible the whole time. I know because I've downloaded several of them after installing my latest rig.

Neither have I seen the mention "blocked" or "banned" under his handle?

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

Priller
    Home page..."What's Hot" item 10.
    MJ C-47 Texture Basepak.zip

Dead link. I also searched all links in Warbirds containing my handle ********.
    The pages open, but the links to the data are dead when I try to access.
    Thomas Jefferson

Wrong words. I expected "I'm sorry" or "I apologise for my insinuations".

Your membership has now been officially suspended. Before you start threatening again, you better start to read and understand the rules here.

Huub

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Wrong words. I expected "I'm sorry" or "I apologise for my insinuations".

Your membership has now been officially suspended. Before you start threatening again, you better start to read and understand the rules here.

Huub
    I suggest you resect my lawful demand and restore to me my data. This site has previously satisfied the tort for defamation and slander. I will be more than happy to accommodate if you wish to pursue this tack. And no, I am not sorry for any of my actions. Indeed I stand firmly behind them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Wrong words again. I told you I expected "I'm sorry" or "I apologise for my insinuations".

When your memory is as good as you claim, you might remember what you wrote. And I don't think I will have to explain that your claim "My private conversations with Admin preceding the event are my own business" is complete nonsense.

Your membership has now been officially suspended. Before you start threatening with legal actions again, you better start to read and understand the rules here.

Your files are yours and always have been. You have always been in full control of them and free to take them off our site or to create your own back-ups. You have used our service to distribute your files. We will not longer render this service to you.

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Home page..."What's Hot" item 10.
    MJ C-47 Texture Basepak.zip

Dead link. I also searched all links in Warbirds containing my handle ********.
    The pages open, but the links to the data are dead when I try to access.
    That my fault but you will have to excuss me for that. I don't have a lot of time to actually do a lot of things on the forums or within Flight Simulations that I would like to. I forgot I hid them because you requested that your account be deleted and all of the files deleted. I explained to you then we do not delete the files you as the owner are the only one with the right to do just that. I did hide them which would have hidden them from everyone but you. If you wanted them visible all you has to do was edit them and un check the box for "hidden".

Now I suppose the best thing to do is honor your original wishes and delete them all.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

This news is quite upsetting to me, and, I am sure, many other members here. Gordon's work is stellar, only the best, and he is kind enough to to offer it all to us here for nothing. It's all most definitely payware quality. I, along with many others, have been anxiously awaiting the release of his outstanding model of the Lockheed Jetstar. Now, it appears, we may never get to see it. I don't know, or care, what caused this s**tstorm or pi**ing contest but I am not happy that we will no longer have Gordon's models available here.
    Gordon, my best to you and good luck in whatever the future holds for you my friend...

The Old Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    This news is quite upsetting to me, and, I am sure, many other members here. Gordon's work is stellar, only the best, and he is kind enough to to offer it all to us here for nothing. It's all most definitely payware quality. I, along with many others, have been anxiously awaiting the release of his outstanding model of the Lockheed Jetstar. Now, it appears, we may never get to see it. I don't know, or care, what caused this s**tstorm or pi**ing contest but I am not happy that we will no longer have Gordon's models available here.
    Gordon, my best to you and good luck in whatever the future holds for you my friend...

The Old Master Sergeant
    I completely agree.

Sue

The Old Master Sergeant
    +1 that´s to Bad
    Ralf

I'm not trying to complicate things but...

I administer a series of web sites with just over 7 million members .... so fully understand the issues pertaining to public perception vs private communication.

I'd strongly suggest you [Admin] close and hide this thread from public scrutiny as you do both sides a 'disservice' as the observer can only speculate.

Cheers, Jafo Admin Wincustomize.com [Stardock].

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I'm not trying to complicate things but...

I administer a series of web sites with just over 7 million members .... so fully understand the issues pertaining to public perception vs private communication.

I'd strongly suggest you [Admin] close and hide this thread from public scrutiny as you do both sides a 'disservice' as the observer can only speculate.

Cheers, Jafo Admin Wincustomize.com [Stardock].
    +1 Good advice!

Charlie
    AVISIM Moderation Team
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post

I think hiding this thread is some what after the fact. It allows forum members to know of Gordon's leaving and a way to say thanks for all his hard work. This will also allow this story to come to a conclusion as we find out what Gordon's flight sim plans are.

The backstory is none of my business and remains between Gordon and the admins where it should stay.

SOH-CM-2020

The Old Master Sergeant

I totally agree. We've lost some excellent talent over the years due to 'conflicts of interest' and it's really sad to lose another one.

Pete.

Sadly, there is a lot of water under the bridge here and not much to be gained with further comments.

All is not what it seems in public view.

Thread closed.

As I'm the one who pulled the plug in the end, a small explanation from my side.

The issue is something what happened between Gordon and the administrators involved (not me). But this actually happened already several months ago.

During the heated discussion, Gordon demanded that his userid would be erased and his files had to be taken from our site. If we didn't, he threatened to take legal action against the SOH. Somewhere during the last months we were informed, by somebody who was in contact with Gordon, that he still wanted take legal actions against the SOH.

This again resulted in several other PMs. In an attempt to solve things, Gordon's files were hidden and as the uploader is in full control over the files he/she uploaded here, he was given the choice either to "unhide" them again or to take them of the site. However Gordon didn't take any action and the files remained hidden.

His claim, that he has recently been banned, is pure nonsense. During the period he claims to have been banned he opened multiple thread and made multiple posts. This can easily be checked by everybody who doesn't trust my statement. Just click on his id and select the option "view forum threads" or view forum posts".

I really don't know why Gordon suddenly decided to bring this in public and I want to be very clear, this wasn't my choice nor the choice of the administration here.

Banning somebody is always the last choice and leaves only losers. But I hope it is clear for everybody that you can't remain a member here when you publicly vent things which aren't true and meanwhile also threaten to bring the SOH to court.

For me the case in now closed and I hope we can all leave this behind us now.

Huub

For me this all started on October 2, 2020 when I got an email from ******** requesting that we delete his account and all of this files because they are his intellectual property. The stated reason for this was a thread that was closed preventing the further discussion on a political topic. He also mentioned something about a member being deleted because of their political views which I did not understand as it never happened.

This forced me to research the whole mess to figure out what was going on. I found the thread in question and yep it was politics and as we all know there is no place for Politics or Religion here at SOH.

I replied to him and informed him of why it was closed and specifically why we don't allow those 2 topics.

I did not hear from him or about him for over three weeks. I did not delete his account and did not delete his files.

Then on November 11th we received notice from a member here on the forums that had been conversing with Gman via email. This member was concerned because he was being told that Gman was honestly considering legal action against SOH because we had not deleted his files.

Once I received that notice I banned Gman so I could backup the database in the event I needed any data for a lawsuit. I had to do the ban so I could prevent the loss of any data he might try to delete. I also proceeded to hide all of his files but I refused to delete them as I did not want to be responsible for the loss of so much work. I believed that to be the proper action even though he asked for them to be deleted.

He contacted me after he discovered he was banned. Demanding to know why. I told him specifically it was because we had been informed he planned on legal action because we did not delete his files. Once the backup was complete I unbanned his account. I planned on making his files visible but got distracted with my other real life duties and never did it. That action blocks the public from being able to access the files but does not stop him from making them visible.

The reason why no one noticed he was banned was it was only a day. I banned him on November 16th and restored his account the same day right after I ran the backup. Why he decided to post this thread is beyond my abilities to understand. He simply could have asked to have his files made visible and I would have given him instructions on how to do it.

The root of this whole issue was a political discussion we stopped.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 2