Odd Aura Around Objects Viewed Against Clouds

Thread: Odd Aura Around Objects Viewed Against Clouds

Odd Aura Around Objects Viewed Against Clouds

In case you've noticed this since 1.13.16.0... This is the first time I've been disappointed in the sim's graphics.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/366571
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

probably the result of ASOBO trying to fix the cloud and reflection 'graininess? granularity?' bug...the hard way

I just noticed this too - on the horizon during sunset with clouds behind the ridgeline. It's pretty bad and interesting that it was either not noticed or a (poor) trade-off ?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Worth reporting Tom
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    In case you've noticed this since 1.13.16.0... This is the first time I've been disappointed in the sim's graphics.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/366571
    I had that after the last update!

Somehow during the install process the sim switched to windowed mode.

Set it back to full screen, restarted and "halo" gone.

Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    I had that after the last update!

Somehow during the install process the sim switched to windowed mode.

Set it back to full screen, restarted and "halo" gone.
    not the case here - sim was not changed by the update to windowed mode - full screen before and after and the halo effect is, if not new, certainly enhanced to the point of distraction
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Worth reporting Tom
    #93659 reported yesterday.

And for anyone that's registered at the official forum, feel free to add a vote to this thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/366571
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    #93659 reported yesterday.

And for anyone that's registered at the official forum, feel free to add a vote to this thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/366571

Ok I am officially saying that I have a new respect for the asobo dev team... your report is number 93659 !! that means there has been 93658 reports before yours ( my mum and dad are proud of the education they slaved away to provide me with ). Thats a LOT of issues for the dev team to track. Sure you could see it that the product wasnt ready to ship or should have been marked and priced as early access but I choose to think of the poor fellas/fella-ettes that have to track, find, hopefully fix 93,659 issues.

TBH I have updated but havent run the sim... Elite dangerous requires me to shoot lasers at things but I have never liked the post processing in MSFS. If we are trying to say it is us ( actual human beings ) flying the plane then when was the last time you saw chromatic aberration, lens flare, heavy DOF with your eyeballs. Unless i have odd eyeballs when I go shopping most of the time it doesnt look like a feature film. ( well the action does with combat roles and drifting the shopping cart around the aisles but I live a heavily scripted and action heavy life )

The chromatic aberration can be turned off. See this thread:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ngar/319524/10

Make sure both "PostProcess" sections have the Fringe line set to zero. The Multipliers don't need to be touched, just the on-off switch. As for the last time I saw chromatic aberration, well, that would be now. With thick glasses, looking through the edge of a lens is like looking through a prism.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

ok - finally I feel at home with MSFS - all I had to do was open a .cfg file and save a simple edit.

just like old times. Thank You for finding this info Tom!

and did you happen to open the camera.cfg ? it is the FSX one simply copied over exactly.
    CAMERA .005
    Flyby View
    etc..

BtW - turning off just the one in std graphics also turned off the one in the VR graphics list.
    which means that when they turned it ON for the VR access, it also turned on for the rest of us and porked the silhouettes with that ghostly outline
    enter..the Sandman

I think this edge issue occurs when the object is against any grey-ish or lighter background, as I see it in this shot of my black Baron holding short.

I think this is the same issue I'm seeing on some of the glass cockpit screens as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g100surrounds.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	81600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackbaron.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	81601

- dcc
    - -

well Here is what I see
    This was recorded at 2S9 Willapa Harbor from the ramp -parking 1- and as you can see using the TOD slider the effect can get drastically obvious
    but is always present.
    This is egregious and should have already been corrected.
    It isn't really a flight sim yet and soon, with fumbles like this, it won't even be a good screenshot generator

https://youtu.be/tK5QkcsUADU

I want to fly my Stearman in the rain
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 0