FSX AI Gulfstream G650 mods
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSX AI Gulfstream G650 mods

In another SOH thread regarding a G V mod, there are posts with modifcations for Ken Carson's FSX AI Gulfstream G650 that make it flyable in both FSX and P3Dv4 with PBR. While difficult to upload a complete aircraft - I have some payware bits - I can offer the following DIY kit and happy to answer questions and help with issues.

The exterior FSX model is via the AIG link on this site: https://fsai-repaints.com/?cat=265

The VC I use is included in this CRJ download: https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/16/876 NB: you will need to do the usual VC merge procedure.

Repaints (Google is your friend) in various places including here:https://oneclickhangar.com/forum/index.php?topic=2135.0

I am also uploading a zip file containing:

• airfile (from a GV mod at avsim)
    • air.cfg that has my fuel and weight mods for a G650ER spec
    • external models for P3D and FSX
    • panel cfg - I have some payware e.g., GTN 750, Carenado, etc in there so cannot include these gauges but have added two for the PFD and HUD. You may want to do further work on the panel.
    • FS Spotlights profile - you will need to download and install the freeware program. https://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

As Tom Gibson says, "hope this helps."

Expat

Attached Files Attached Files
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Exterior windows are opaque and they appear to be in the screenshots above. Is that anything that is fixable?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Exterior windows are opaque and they appear to be in the screenshots above. Is that anything that is fixable?
    I don't believe so without remapping of a new texture and then I'm unsure how it would look with nothing inside to see.

It is a low rent low, low poly AI model after all . .
    But yeah, see through glass and a door that opens would of course be very cool!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    It is a low rent low, low poly AI model after all . .
    But yeah, see through glass and a door that opens would of course be very cool!
    No problem, I can imagine there's a door that opens and as for the windows with nothing in them. . . .I believe some paint can cure that as well.

Current System Specs:

Which VC?

In your "Mods" download, the interior model listed on the model configuration file in the Model folder is "interior=CRJ700_interior". Can you advise where to find this interior file? The interior file from the CRJ-200 is "Interior=crj_interior", and my VC does not look as good as yours.

Thanks for the assistance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-2-20_5-52-26-28.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	81553

Not exactly sure where that model came from - probably a while ago. Also, picked up cockpt texture updates done by someone at the usual places. That may partly explain the difference. Suggest you search for those. Note the "CRJ" label on left side is absent. I was previously using this VC assembly with the IRIS Global Express so maybe searching (suggest simviation) for a package for this has these textures. Sorry can't be more helpful as these have been added over time and I don't keep logs of all the mods I make. I did however find these myself through thorough searching of web sites, etc.

As mentioned, I also have some swapped out gauges, some payware, like the GTN 750 and added FS Spotlight which makes a big difference.

I have attached my VC model I am currently using in the G650.

Let me know how you get on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Many thanks!

The person who did the upgrade on the CRJ VC is Dave Hoeffgen. He posted the dev work here.
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...rework.436719/

It is included in packages found at simviation and elsewhere if you Google search.

This maybe the latest package (beta 2018). Looking forward to trying this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f65nwzd9u0...700VC.zip?dl=0

This maybe the latest package (beta 2018). Looking forward to trying this.
    Thanks, that looks like the right set of files.

Fmc1

Gavin Munro's latest FMC looks to be a nice choice for the panel. "FMC1.zip"

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=fmc1&x=3&y=11

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newvc.jpg  

I think this does the trick, at least it looks like a working flight deck, lol (kinda).

Gulfstream-2021-feb-20-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I think this does the trick, at least it looks like a working flight deck, lol (kinda).

Gulfstream-2021-feb-20-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Much better...very nice.!

Super job Falcon!

Seahawk72s - I cannot get that new FMC to show in the VC. What is your panel.cfg entry for this please? Loosk great in your setup.

Funny, I can get other FMC add ons to show. I wonder if the gauge.cab has some 32-bit "bits" that makes it a no show in P3Dv4?

OK, working now. Instructions had the wrong panel.config name. It needed to be FMC1!FMC. Surround though is a bit bright with the main VClight on. Need to find a way to tone it down!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    • panel cfg - I have some payware e.g., GTN 750, Carenado, etc in there so cannot include these gauges but have added two for the PFD and HUD. You may want to do further work on the panel.

When you're backup could you show closeups of the Payware stuff you are using as it looks interesting.

Modelconverterx

By using Modelconverterx I was able to get around the light limitations in the aircraft.cfg.
    To accurately and easily place light effect attachment points.
    Attach exhaust effects keyed off of engine on/off states. So no more 'I" key needed.
    Correct the auto-flap function to normal.

This allowed me to have only logo and wing lights (ice lights) in the aircraft.cfg.
    For some reason they didn't worked attached to the model.

With a small custom pop-up light panel this all nicely upped the realism making the aircraft more enjoyable.

Perhaps not as nice as @expat's, but eye candy nonetheless ............

VC download here :

http://flightsimworkshop.blogspot.com/2014/11/bombardier-global-express-xrs.html
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Eye Candy A la Carte

When you're backup could you show closeups of the Payware stuff you are using as it looks interesting.
    Actually, the only payware I think I am using in this one is the F1 GTN750 (purple box).

The PFD (green box) is an old freeware gauge from an EMB 170 found at flightsim (or maybe avsim). I included the gauge in the zip I posted earlier in this thread.

The MFD (yellow box) stumped me, but believe it is taken out of "Alrot"'s freeware Citiation X: https://simviation.com/fsnd/Downloads.htm

The little square switch off to the PIC's left (red box) is for the terrain map on the Alrot MFD.

The VC bitmaps are big: 16mb 4096 x 4096. Not sure where they cam from. It may be those large bitmaps and FS Spotlights added that make my VC look so different?

I have reverted to a less good looking FMC as the better one posted above's bitmap surround reflects too much when I have the "main" VC lights on. These I think must be coded into the VC model. They (unusually?) light up the CRT's in daytime as well as at night.

As you can tell, I am and enjoy being a bit of scavenger for cheap, used parts!

NB: here is my panel in the zip file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1REk...ew?usp=sharing

If you don't have the GTN750 you can always swap in another gauge.

Just curious, how does the VC above look at night ?
    Do the nighttime VC textures (if any) override the FS Spotlights settings ? or is there no difference between day and night appearance when using FS Spotlights ?
    My current VC textures look slightly different (take on a more 'golden' hue) at night - probably due to some nighttime textures ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

FS Spotlights allows you to have different settings for day vs night with same lights and coordinates for each aircraft. Hope people have downloaded and installed this great freeware and trying out my profile - it goes in the main G650 folder. It also fully variable and therefore highly subjective based on one's taste and preferences. Lastly, both illumination intensity and color temperature/hues will vary for each user also depending on their screen and screen settings used.

1. VC at night with all FS Spotlights on
    2. VC with ONLY "default" lighting
    3. VC with FS Spotlights but "dome" overhead OFF - what I would ideally set for night flying/landings etc

Looks very nice, @expat . That VC is payware quality for sure .
    Cheers, MZee ...

Members who have read this thread: 7