CTDs on Aircraft

Thread: CTDs on Aircraft

Icon9 CTDs on Aircraft

Recently, when trying to Fly certain planes, when I click on the particular plane, I get a CTD. This happens only on certain planes and not others
    The unusual thing about this problem is that the I was able to fly the problem planes before without any issues and then now I can't. I've tried to fix this issue by Reinstalling the Plane after deleting it and even Re-downloading the zip file and installing it it again. I've also copied the Plane folders from my other installs and deleted the problem planes, but still no luck in flying them. I still get CTDs. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

what aircraft if i may ask, and how long since when you last played CFS2 and they worked?

Gauge Updates?

I suggest you find an aircraft that does NOT CTD and copy its PANEL folder over to the aircraft that will not load.
    It is possible that a common Gauge that all of the CTD aircraft use has been updated badly.
    I program Gauges and sometimes when I really screw up, the aircraft will still display as a selection but will crash the simulator (CFS1) as soon as I try to actually fly it.

- Ivan.

Have you removed any (usually 'stock') aircraft that might be a common sound file alias?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Aircraft CTDs

Quote Originally Posted by agathosdaimon View Post
    what aircraft if i may ask, and how long since when you last played CFS2 and they worked?
    Mostly P40s(Both US and RAAF) and P51s, it's been about 2 to 3 Months ago when most of them worked. Also, some of the P51s I installed never seemed to work while like I stated, I have P40s and P51s that do work.

Aircraft CTDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Have you removed any (usually 'stock') aircraft that might be a common sound file alias?
    No I have'nt. I have not removed any of the Stock Aircraft or other Installed Aircraft that I know of that the problem Aircraft would aliased to for Sound.

Aircraft CTDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I suggest you find an aircraft that does NOT CTD and copy its PANEL folder over to the aircraft that will not load.
    It is possible that a common Gauge that all of the CTD aircraft use has been updated badly.
    I program Gauges and sometimes when I really screw up, the aircraft will still display as a selection but will crash the simulator (CFS1) as soon as I try to actually fly it.

- Ivan.
    I will certainly try this, and see what happens. Thank you.

Try this, it's a grope in the dark but: Do a search of your install for all .cdp files and filelist.dat files and delete them.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Aircraft CTDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post

- Ivan.
    Your suggestion about a bad Panel Folder and possibly Gauges was right on. I deleted the Panel Folders from the offending Aircraft and placed a Panel Folder from ones that were loading okay and it worked! A few of the Panel switches didn't work but at least 90% or more did and I was able to get all my Offending planes working again. Thanks again !

Aircraft CTDs

Quote Originally Posted by Steven KLein View Post
    No I have'nt. I have not removed any of the Stock Aircraft or other Installed Aircraft that I know of that the problem Aircraft would aliased to for Sound.
    I found part of the problem WAS due to the fact that some of the Planes that were Aliased to WERE either not present or had bad Panels on some INSTALLED aircraft as you mentioned. I now made sure that the Planes that need to be there to alias to are there and that they are working. That solved the problem. Thanks for you input.

Glad you got things working and found the problem.
    If you want to narrow it down further and believe it is a Gauge, you can make a backup copy of the PANEL.CFG of one of the CTD aircraft and start deleting Gauges from the working copy.
    At some point, you will delete a Gauge and the aircraft will load if it really is a Gauge problem.

If it is a Gauge problem, you can "solve" it by deleting that particular Gauge from your GAUGES folder and although the Gauge obviously won't show up on the panel any more, the aeroplane will probably load. Just be careful if it is part of a Multi-gauge. Then you can take your time and find a non-broken copy of that particular offending gauge.

I would suggest doing this because otherwise, you basically have a landmine in your GAUGES folder and if something else calls it, it also will CTD.

*EDIT*
    There is also the possibility that the particular Gauge is actually not "Broken" at all but is just for a simulator that is more advanced than what you are running. I develop Gauges for CFS1, but in order to do this, I use the FS2000 SDK. If I use features that are specific to FS2000 and not implemented in CFS1, I get an immediate CTD.
    Now if that FS2000 Gauge were part of a Multi-Gauge and someone designing a CFS1 aircraft had used another Gauge in that set that was compatible, it might have gotten added to my GAUGES folder.....
    If the offending Gauge isn't on the main panel, it may not show up as a problem in non-thorough testing. I know I don't go through all the panels in aircraft I download.

Good Luck!
    - Ivan.

Members who have read this thread: 0