Spitfire!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spitfire!!!!

Spitfire!!!!

More testing and first views of the VC. She's actually beginning to fly like a Spitfire too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SpitEx9.jpg   SpitEx8.jpg   SpitEx4.jpg   SpitEx5.jpg   SpitEx3.jpg   SpitEx1.jpg  

Some of the VC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpitVC7.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	81490

Name:	SpitVC4.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	81493

Name:	SpitVC3.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	81494

Name:	SpitVC1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	81495

Name:	SpitVC2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	81496

Looks real good!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

If i may quote one of the most distinguished rock&roll legends who passed away last year :

" GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY !! " (would look good on a Spitfire's nose too, éh ? ;-)

Holy mother of all Spifires! Looks like you truly hit the jackpot with this all brand new iteration of one of the most distinguished WWII propfighters, Baz !

Thanks for the kind words mate. Well, if we were going to do this icon real justice, MSFS has to be the place to do it. Lots of finessing to go but she's coming right.

And another one from XP11 this one a MK IXC...Both looking good, congrats, but not buying any of them. Have too many Spits already and very good ones from Aeroplane Heaven and some other devs, going to keep them flying on P3D v 5 (good enough for me). As stated before not going to spend money on ever, and ever, and ever, the same models although I understand devs opinions.
    Regards ,

That looks great! How's the ground handling? I haven't figured out yet if MSFS has trouble with tail dragger ground handling or if it's a rudder authority / vertical tail volume control issue? Also the power of the slip stream effect from the prop on the tail surfaces. I just know a lot of tail draggers I fly now are absolutely uncontrollable / The rudder is useless on the ground. Having said that, it definitely will not stop me from purchasing this Spitfire. Thanks for the previews. Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That looks great! How's the ground handling? I haven't figured out yet if MSFS has trouble with tail dragger ground handling or if it's a rudder authority / vertical tail volume control issue? Also the power of the slip stream effect from the prop on the tail surfaces. I just know a lot of tail draggers I fly now are absolutely uncontrollable / The rudder is useless on the ground. Having said that, it definitely will not stop me from purchasing this Spitfire. Thanks for the previews. Ken
    Flight mode or flight control you have to choose between legacy and modern if I'm right...much better now since previous update
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    And another one from XP11 this one a MK IXC...Both looking good, congrats, but not buying any of them. Have too many Spits already and very good ones from Aeroplane Heaven and some other devs, going to keep them flying on P3D v 5 (good enough for me). As stated before not going to spend money on ever, and ever, and ever, the same models although I understand devs opinions.
    Regards ,
    Can you imagine MSFS without a native Spitfire, Beau ?? That would be a disgrace, wouldn't it !

This is not gonna be a Spitfire as we know all of them sofar, far from it. They were all beautiful and great, one after the other, but time has changed and our beloved virtual flying world has changed... Dramatically !!

We NEED a Spitfire ( or two, three...;-) in our new dramatically changed virtually flying world. And we're gonna get it ! I mean, did you have a real good look at the screenies, Beau ? And the're just screenies, right ?

If you go here you can see them full screen: https://www.facebook.com/Aeroplaneheaven/

P.S. i'm not affiliated with AH whatsoever. Just a Spitfire nut who thinks it is THE most beautiful and gracious looking prop fighterplane in the world. Real or virtual. I'd rather dump MSFS than go without a Spit in it. ;-) ( and the same goes for a DC-3/C-47 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    There are definitely issues with the sim and how it handles ground handling. The way propwash is modeled, it needs a lot of care to use - it is way too powerful. Castoring wheels are a nightmare too with none of the subtlety of P3D/FSX. We are still waiting on the next fix/upgrade which may change everything again, who knows. All the control authorities are excessive in my opinion and do not bear much relationship to real world by the time you're finished. We should not have to issue hardware recommendations for sensitivity for example.

With the work we had to put in on the engine and prop, I strongly suspect that the sim is not happy with V12s either, especially when power begins to get up above say 500hp. and it seems that the sim has never heard of manifold pressures, or at least what they're for.

To be fair, it is a visual simulator first, designed to show off land and skyscapes - it is logical to suggest, therefore, that it was originally intended for low and slow flying - not what a Spitfire was built for or fast jets for that matter.

With the right amount of feedback from devs, like P3D/FSX, it will change, I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Can you imagine MSFS without a native Spitfire, Beau ?? That would be a disgrace, wouldn't it !

P.S. i'm not affiliated with AH whatsoever. Just a Spitfire nut who thinks it is THE most beautiful and gracious looking prop fighterplane in the world. Real or virtual. I'd rather dump MSFS than go without a Spit in it. ;-) ( and the same goes for a DC-3/C-47 ;-)
    Hi Javis, I'm not a Spitfire nut, rather an airplane nut since my childwood. And would gladly trade a new Spit, although I love the plane, for a LAG 7 or a Ki.84 Hayate, a Fiat G55, a Tempest just for a change. I know about devs reasons Bazzar put in a very explicit way, agree with him, but it´s always Spit, Mustangs, Me-109 etc...
    Regards

Pics are super tiny (800x res) but they look really nice!

I'd consider this for sure!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thanks, those look even better!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi Javis, I'm not a Spitfire nut, rather an airplane nut since my childwood. And would gladly trade a new Spit, although I love the plane, for a LAG 7 or a Ki.84 Hayate, a Fiat G55, a Tempest just for a change.
    Well, trust me, that's not going to happen, Beau... I know that and you know that, right ?... That's why i think we should be very pleased we'll have a native MSFS Spit to fly within the forseeable future. Sure, we can fly any of them (and Ki.84, G55, and Tempest as well) all over the place in FSX/P3D but for me personally that just won't rock my boat anymore, nore my aeroplane..

I know about devs reasons Bazzar put in a very explicit way, agree with him, but it´s always Spit, Mustangs, Me-109 etc...
    You're absolutely right, my friend, but as Bruce Hornsby already said many years ago " that's just the way it is, some things will never change..." Developing aircraft models for FSX/P3D takes up a lot of time and effort, developing for MSFS doubles or even triples that plus it's a nightmare because of inadequate SDK. Atleast that's what i have gathered sofar. We need to be grateful that there are devs outthere who are even willing to step into that strange new developing jungle in their right state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Pics are super tiny (800x res) but they look really nice!

I'd consider this for sure!
    Something has changed since the site update. Can't seem to get original pic sizes (?)

The Merlin's in.

Name:	Hangar4.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	81575

Name:	Hangar3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	81576

Name:	Hangar2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	81577

Name:	Hangar1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	81578

Blog Entries
    If i may quote one of the most distinguished rock&roll legends who passed away last year :

" GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY !! " (would look good on a Spitfire's nose too, éh ? ;-)

Holy mother of all Spifires! Looks like you truly hit the jackpot with this all brand new iteration of one of the most distinguished WWII propfighters, Baz !

Jarvis, If I may hijack the thread, just for a moment, to share a Chuck Berry experience. Around forty years ago my wife and I attended the New Orleans Jazz Festival. Chuck Berry was one of the headliners. We arrive for his performance early and found ourselves a nice grassy spot to sit on. Little by little others came to sit around us. They then lit up their favorite pot products. Since, we were not marijuana users it didn't take us long before the residual smoke had us figuratively floating above the ground. Let's just say that Chuck Berry's performance that day was extortionary for us.

Now, back to Baz's Spitfire.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Will you be giving this a proper soundset? One can only hope the AH Mosquito will be coming soon. The spit is so over-rated. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

If we had a release date, I would be counting down the hours. Really looking forward to this, Baz!

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Will you be giving this a proper soundset? One can only hope the AH Mosquito will be coming soon. The spit is so over-rated. ;-)

Yes we will be supplying a full soundset for the Merlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    If we had a release date, I would be counting down the hours. Really looking forward to this, Baz!
    Hi John,

A million things to do yet so no date.

BTW Does anyone know why I can't get full sized images on the post?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    She's actually beginning to fly like a Spitfire too.
    Splendid- just the ticket for those Biggin Hill to Duckie runs at low level!

Baz- have you tried Imgur for the BB photos.... that might do the trick for you.

C

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    BTW Does anyone know why I can't get full sized images on the post?
    You mean like so ? (from your FB, hope that's Ok..;-) :

Do you use From Computer or From URL ? .. Do you uncheck that Retrieve remote file thingy ?

If you upload this 1878x850 pic via a link and use 'From URL' (and uncheck Retrieve remote file..) it should arrive here as advertised. (well more or less, still not as big as on your FB..)

Give it another go, Baz, these screenies deserve it 100% !! Merlin looks fantastic !!

Members who have read this thread: 0