Another Year - Another Donation Drive

Thread: Another Year - Another Donation Drive

Another Year - Another Donation Drive

It is that time of year again. The donation drive is up and running. Please support SOH for another year.

All donations are very much appreciated.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Done! Here's to hoping it will speed up the server replacement!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2021
    I'm happy to make a donation as I have done for many years, but the only option I'm given is to use Paypal. I don't want to use them, so what alternative is there?

Den.

Hi Den,

As I don't know which options are still available I have transferred your question to somebody with more knowledge.....

Cheers,
    Huub

I just made my donation a short time ago and the credit card options are available. I think you have to click on the paypal first then the credit card(s) options shows.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi Den,

As I don't know which options are still available I have transferred your question to somebody with more knowledge.....

Cheers,
    Huub
    I made my donation using my credit card. It did not involve PayPal but the receipt came from PayPal. Not sure why on that but you can use your credit card.

I have tried four different time to donate but no matter which option I use it always will not accept my credit card or my debit card. I have had no problems with either card other places. I always donated other years also with no problem. So I give up. I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    I have tried four different time to donate but no matter which option I use it always will not accept my credit card or my debit card. I have had no problems with either card other places. I always donated other years also with no problem. So I give up. I tried.
    Does it say what problem it has with your card? Are you entering just numbers with no spaces or symbols?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

SOH-CM-2021
    I'm being asked to login to my Paypal account, then I get a message to say that my contribution is being checked, but I haven't made one. I've tried three times during the past week with the same result.

I'm really trying to help, but can't find a way around Paypal.

It doesn't say what the problem is , just to try another card. I don't have any other cards. Seems like Paypal is the problem. Is there a way around it.?

Guys your support is highly appreciated. For all those who get stuck with Paypal there is still the snail mail option.

for this you can write a PM to Dangerousdave26

Hop this helps,
    Huub

Just checked it again!

1st screen Click at the red X

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 12.53.12 PM (1).png 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	81785

Then it goes to where you fill in your card info and hit submit!

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 12.54.00 PM.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	81786

I just made another small donation! It works perfectly with a credit card. Just say not now to anything that says create a Paypal account!

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 1.03.54 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	81787

Nope ,just tried again clicked where you said ,got a message that said the card can't be used and use another card , I tried my debit card (same bank) would not accept that either. I used both cards all the time with no problem ( not with paypal). I want to help but I still think paypal is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    Nope ,just tried again clicked where you said ,got a message that said the card can't be used and use another card , I tried my debit card (same bank) would not accept that either. I used both cards all the time with no problem ( not with paypal). I want to help but I still think paypal is the problem.
    Odd that you are having difficulties. Entering the card number with no spaces or dashes, Expiration date, 3 digit code on the back, name that's on the card....no nicknames, billing address! Can't be much simpler than that!

I agree , I never had this happen before. Guess I will try snail mail.

I am getting a new credit card next month (same bank just an updated card) think I will wait and try that first.

SOH-CM-2021
    Tried again today and I managed to donate. I don't know what was happening before, but the screens today were different. If at first you don't succeed.....

Perfect and thanks

Cheers,
    Huub

I'm normally on the darkest side, MSFS, but we don't have a thread about donations. I just donated a third time this year.

With the member base we have, it shouldn't always be the same people donating. If you like this site and want it to go on, DONATE!!

If all members would chip in with 5$, this place could go on for years without having to ask for donations. And 5$ wouldn't mean that you would be eating peanut butter sandwiches for the rest of the month.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thanks Piller, very true. Hopefully your request comes true and is much appreciated.

Members who have read this thread: 0