Popup error with Maryadi's Osprey

Thread: Popup error with Maryadi's Osprey

Popup error with Maryadi's Osprey

This error popup happens with Maryadi's Osprey. Any advice on a solution? Thanks, NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.jpg  

Are you using a dedicated sound card? I've tried googling the error and it could be anything from needing to update sound card drivers if you are using one, restarting the windows audio service, or running your audio device troubleshooter through windows.
    You may also try contacting the author or posting to FSDeveloper as I believe the individual is a member there.

Also, does this error occur outside of the sim if you try to play the wav file directly?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Are you using a dedicated sound card? I've tried googling the error and it could be anything from needing to update sound card drivers if you are using one, restarting the windows audio service, or running your audio device troubleshooter through windows.
    You may also try contacting the author or posting to FSDeveloper as I believe the individual is a member there.

Also, does this error occur outside of the sim if you try to play the wav file directly?

Sean,

Thank you for your suggestions. I played the sound file by itself, with no problems. I may try reinstalling the aircraft and see if it is just a fluke. NC

I've not had an issue like this before per say in P3D itself before. But I have had it before where my PC when making custom sounds will do something similar, where I'll play a bunch of sounds back to back after creating them and every once awhile one wont load/play randomly out of a bunch (not sure why, if its a cache thing or what). File isn't corrupt, the next day I'll come back to it and the sound that wasn't working, now works just fine in my media player. I'd first try restarting P3D and see if it's just a P3D fluke/crash (if it happened only once anyway). Or like you said, the file is corrupt somehow and a reinstall/repair needs to be done on the Osprey to fix the sound file. I looked the error up as well to see if anything popped up anywhere else, but couldn't find anything definitive. Just seems like for whatever reason P3D couldn't run the sound associated with that particular "switch." So I guess at least there's that. You know what file might be corrupt if it continues to do that.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 0