Adding 64 bit sounds to P3D V4

Thread: Adding 64 bit sounds to P3D V4

Adding 64 bit sounds to P3D V4

I have been trying to add sounds to one or more of my planes in P3D V4.5 using doug Dawson's 64 bit sound program.

I am trying to add some brake sounds.

After reading thru his readme, I am still a little confused as to what files go where and what to put in the panel.

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Thanks

The easiest way that I've found is to:
    1. Copy the 64 bit DLL to the panel folder.
    2. Change the file name of the 64 bit DLL to whatever the 32 bit file was named. For example Sound.DLL. (That way you don't have to make any changes to the panel.cfg and it will read the original INI file.)
    Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    The easiest way that I've found is to:
    1. Copy the 64 bit DLL to the panel folder.
    2. Change the file name of the 64 bit DLL to whatever the 32 bit file was named. For example Sound.DLL. (That way you don't have to make any changes to the panel.cfg and it will read the original INI file.)
    Voila!
    Thanks for the input. I got the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.zip it contains the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll ( I guess that goes in the main gauges folder.
    Then there is the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.ini file -
    but after reading Doug Dawson's readme for the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll

He has a sample Panel syntax:
    gauge10=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 2,2,2,2,./gauges/dsd_xml_sound.ini >>>> This ini had a dozen sound file entries - I only need one.
    gauge11=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Debugger, 420,550,600,80

His sound.ini is loaded with a bunch of calls for at least 10 sounds;

[Sounds]
    Sound00=\PanelSounds\dsd_xml_00.wav, -1500
    Sound01=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_01.wav, -2000
    Sound02=Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_02.wav
    Sound03=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_03.wav
    Sound04=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_04.wav
    Sound05=CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\dsd\dsd_xml_05.wav
    Sound06=CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\dsd\dsd_xml_06.wav
    Sound07=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_07.wav
    Sound08=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_08.wav
    Sound09=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_09.wav
    Sound100=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_100.wav
    Sound999=.\Sound\dsd\dsd_xml_999.wav

There is this mumbo jumbo I don't understand:

For those who haven’t used earlier versions of the gauge, each sound is controlled by a separate XML L:Variable (hereinafter referred to as an LVar.) You control the sound by setting the control variable (LVar) to the value that corresponds to the action you want. You assign LVars to sounds using a configuration file. Specify the configuration file in panel.cfg, as a fifth parameter for the “Sound” gauge element – see the example above. The gauge will follow the following methods in evaluating a supplied configuration file string:

Now, I want to use Manfred's DC-3 brake.wav for the brake sound in the FR DC-4 -

So where do I place the ini and the wave sound in P3D?
    I have tried to make the entries in my panel/cfg by adding gauge entries and nothing works.

I know I messed up somewhere - Doug Dawson has a lot of options in his readme and I just can't absorb it all.

I know I have his basic tools here and I know where the sound is that I want to use, it's just setting up the panel.cfg and file placement that has me stumpd.

Thanks

FR didn't supply a ini file for their DC-4 Skymaster.
    Nor any 32 bit brake sounds either.

This would have to be a scratch build.
    Last edited by gray eagle; February 5th, 2021 at 14:38.

Issue solved

Using BrakeSound gauge for P3Dv4/5 By Rob Barendregt
    that solved the brake sound issue. I now have that brake squeal for the DC-4

I want to thank Rob for his excellent and easy to understand installation directions for his brake sound.

Good Job
    Last edited by gray eagle; February 6th, 2021 at 07:16.

Members who have read this thread: 1