Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Back on topic, BETA testing... looovvvveeeee IT! :-)

Marcel
    Looking SOOOOOOOO MUCH for this Beauty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    If only it were true....
    well - if you know something about a possible commercial FS developer bringing out a Type 44 please don't be coy - I stopped buying green bananas..
    NM - I just reviewed my PM's and remembered your query regarding this aircraft.

I wish I had the skills to develop aircraft for flight sim..just don't have time to take the 3D modeling courses and learn all the other disciplines required to do it properly
    Last edited by heywooood; February 9th, 2021 at 10:04.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Looking SOOOOOOOO MUCH for this Beauty!!!
    that is a beautiful warbird and a terrific image - flight simming and PC tech sure has come a long way in the last 20 years or so..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I am counting down the days to when this one is released, I am really looking forward to it!

In-case anyone didn't right-click on the photos and select "view image":

video

A newish video..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails black spit.jpg  

Two more screens for the Ozzies!

Marcel

Release would have been perfect with the UK Update coming to MSFS tomorrow.

"Two more screens for the Ozzies!"
    I'm nit picking but A58-602 RG-V was a brand new Spitfire HF.VIII assigned to Wing Commander Bobbie Gibbes in early 1945.
    Gibbes was Wing Leader of No.80 Wing, Sattler Airstrip, December 1944.
    The HF.VIII was the preferred type for the RAAF, with a few standard MK.VIII and the occasional MK.IX and MK.XVI (One IIRC) superseding the MK.V's.

And the No.80 Wing 'Ace of Spades' emblem on the rudder was placed upside down on Gibbes' aircraft.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Ace of spades emblem

Hi,
    when I was in the RAF I served on 81 squadron when they flew Canberra PR7 in Singapore. The official badge was a red star of Russia with a sword but they also sported the ace of spades. This was taken on during the war when they flew spits. During operations in the Mediterranean, they found their most frequent opponents were Jagdgeschwader 53 who had an ace of spades motif on their aircraft. As the squadron commander considered that they had 'bested' their enemy, they took the motif and started applying it to their aircraft.

Davidc2.JPG
    Last edited by Squeezy99; February 14th, 2021 at 07:49. Reason: add photo

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Beaufighter makes some very good points. As flight simulation has evolved it was inevitable that there would be duplication of models and aircraft. I have serveral versions of the same aircraft. Each has it own attributes. For me I guess I am looking for new inovations which come with advances in technology. This is probably why I purchased MSFS 2020. These are exciting times with our hobby approaching reality. I look forward to all the aircraft Baz will bring to use. Also a recent favorite is Dean's beautiful F-15 package. Great times in flight simming are to come.
    I'm waiting for the developers to figure out a way to insert actual smells and temperatures into the sim🤣. I'm imagining doing carrier operations and experiencing the heat from the jet's exhausts, plus the smell of JP5! . NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I'm waiting for the developers to figure out a way to insert actual smells and temperatures into the sim藍. I'm imagining doing carrier operations and experiencing the heat from the jet's exhausts, plus the smell of JP5! . NC
    Actually that's not entirely impossible, Chief. I used to drive my beloved LNER Peppercorn Class A1 Tornado steam locomotive in Train Simulator wearing a small scarf to which i added a few drops of 'steam' and 'burning coal' aroma/scent. No matter what flavour you'd want, from 'Spaceship Aroma Oil' to 'Pinguin Poop Aroma Oil', it's all there waiting for you in a small 25ml bottle (up to 1 Liter if you like).

"No matter what you want" is not exactly true because if you'd search the site for 'aircraft cockpit' or 'jetfuel' it will return "nothing found" alas. A few years ago i contacted 'Aromaprime' where i had bought a few aroma samples to inform them that there's a million flightsimmers outhere all waiting to upgrade their virtual cockpit immersiveness with smell. They said they'd think about it but, as you can see at their site, no cockpit smell has been added to their vast collection yet.

However, it's your brain that you want to decieve into thinking it is in a vintage jetfighter cockpit, who cares if this happens thru 'new car' , 'machine oil', 'leather', or 'pinguin poop' aroma or all together, as long as it works it's alright.

Have a look round here: https://aromaprime.com/search.php?search_query=steam

Actually with the amount of aroma gadgets on the market, designing a small hardware adapter with a software interface for the sim should not be too hard. After all you can use your apps to control stuff around the house so it's only one step away from that.

I'm off to register Aerosmells.com Back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Actually with the amount of aroma gadgets on the market, designing a small hardware adapter with a software interface for the sim should not be too hard. After all you can use your apps to control stuff around the house so it's only one step away from that.

With a surgeon general's mention: The navigator fart aroma does not contain fecal matter!

Back to the Spit I guess??

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    You do that, Bazz ! You could sell photoreal RAF Type G Oxygen mask mouthcaps to go with Spitfire smells.

Another teaser: spitfire at Innsbruck (the FlyingIron Simulations one just to be sure) :

I´m really looking forward to getting some warbirds into this sim, but it also bugs me a lot that they take off a Spitfire with the flaps extended in their video. Does that even work from a thermal point of view with the radiators almost fully blocked while the engine is delivering take off power? I´d really wish for some system depth also, at least to the Accusim extend, but that´ll take a while I guess with the core of the sim changing with each update and the SDK still in it´s early days. I´ll wait for what people say about this one.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Yeah, that would cause the glycol to heat up fast for sure, having the flaps down on takeoff. I remember the late Bill Greenwood, who owned and piloted Spitfire T.9 TE308, describing that you don't even want to have the flaps down too long on approach for the real possibility of overheating, and you also don't want them down after landing for very long either for the same reason.

Right now I am really interested in this Spitfire just for the looks, and I just hope it flies fairly accurately too.

Hiya,

The "bug" with take-ing off with the flaps down, was the first thing i mentioned when applying as betatester. Was in fact a small mistake in
    making the video i was told. It's indeed real-life a no-go, because of the drag created by the flaps and indeed to shield of your coolers under the wing.

About the ETA, please contact FlyingIron Simulation themselves, as betatester i'm not at liberty to say. I only may only tease you with screenshots.

One thing i can say is this bird has great ground handling. Can make donuts on the runway and take-off with small rudder inputs, same for landing.

Marcel

Radio mast is too big and too circular. Odd as everything else looks great.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Radio mast is too big and too circular. Odd as everything else looks great.
    Mmm, think it's the right height only indeed a bit too "fat". Do we have some nice reference shots i can send?

Marcel

The antenna mast should feature a teardrop profile, tapering almost to an edge along the rear of the mast.

This is from a model but the exact shape along the z axis can be seen in the mid plate. Sort of a stretched droplet :

I knew you'd come up with something too, John. Beat me to it by a second or two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spitant1.jpg   spitant3.jpg  

Merci guys! Will forward them.

Marcel

Members who have read this thread: 1