Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Spectacular screenshot, DVJ!

Thank you Jankees for sharing your repaints for the Spitfire!

working on this one:
    jk2187
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

update:
    jk2214

jk2203
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Really nice, Jankees!

I painted so many Spitfire models as a kid I pretty much had that camouflage pattern memorized.

Fantastic paints Jan and also love the top shot DVJ

Just received a mail with a download link to an update!

Sadly no explanation to be found on what exactly was updated.

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; March 13th, 2021 at 04:48.
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

for Priller:
    jk2300

Thanks Jankees! My favourite Sqn of the two!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

basically done, I'll try to upload it later today or tomorrow
    jk2338

jk2337

jk2340

and this one is coming too
    Clip_6

jk2321

jk2328

update info.....

Update 1.0.1

This update is our first update since release, and aims to address some remaining bugs & issues pointed out by our users, prioritizing improving the user experience, adding missing sounds & features and further improving the flight model.
    Overall, the flight dynamics have been made more realistic and therefore the Spitfire is now slightly more difficult to fly (especially on takeoff). You will need to use your rudder trim more effectively, and manage your engine power more carefully. We recommend between 2-7 degrees right rudder trim for takeoff and up to +7 lb Boost.
    Art

• External LODs improved, icing LODs fixed
    • Clipped Wing icing issues fixed
    • Animated oxygen valve, external tank lever
    • Windshield Fluid Port textures added

Sound

• Touchdown Sounds added
    • Additional cockpit sounds added (wobble pump, primer, various switches)

Systems & Flight Model

• Parking Brake made clickable
    • Flight Model improvements (thanks to Raimond aka GotGravel for pitching in and making several contributions here)
      - Stall speeds increased slightly
      - Stall behavior adjusted
      - P-factor increased (you will notice a much stronger tendency to swing left on takeoff. Counter this with some right rudder trim)
      - Torque/Propwash dynamics adjusted
      - Roll inertia, stability adjusted
      - Control sensitivity at various airspeeds adjusted
      - General control & trim sensitivity adjusted
      - Prop Inertia reduced
      - Engine throttle response speed increased
    • ATC Power now tied to Radio Unit – to be able to contact ATC, select any preset channel on the radio (A-D) to power it on
    • Oxygen Flow now requires oxygen flow valve on the starboard side of the cockpit to be opened
    • Negative G’s starve engine of fuel (WIP, needs additional work)
    • Engine Temperature model adjusted slightly (still WIP)

Mick Wood
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; March 13th, 2021 at 11:00. Reason: Color/readability

Looking forward to the Belgian and Dutch liveries, Jankees! Make sure to give the exhaust stacks some final attention before release, however, as it appears they've been painted in green/grey paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Make sure to give the exhaust stacks some final attention before release, however, as it appears they've been painted in green/grey paint.
    Aaah, the joys of being colorblind! Thank you for warning me, John, the new paintkit comes with some peculiarities it would seem..

Is this better?
    jk2349 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk2357 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Is that a Belgian Lion insignia that I see? Lord knows that Lion heraldry was broadly used.

EDIT: it's a free French aircraft, maybe the pilot or squadron were from the French part of flanders.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Is that a Belgian Lion insignia that I see? Lord knows that Lion heraldry was broadly used.

EDIT: it's a free French aircraft, maybe the pilot or squadron were from the French part of flanders.

Priller
    The pilot was Pierre Clostermann, who was born in Brazil, with parents from Lorraine and Alsace. And he flew in this aircraft with no.602 squadron, so maybe it's another lion?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    The pilot was Pierre Clostermann, who was born in Brazil, with parents from Lorraine and Alsace. And he flew in this aircraft with no.602 squadron, so maybe it's another lion?
    You got a point there. After the crusades, a lot of European regions and cities started to use the Lion in their heraldry. I'll have to look into this!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Negative G should NOT starve this engine of fuel or cause a cutout - the Merlin 66 had a pressurized carburetor so that problem in earlier Marks of the Spitfire was remedied by Mark IX

here is the updated Spitfire on TO and Landing - and yes I forgot to switch the fuel petcock to 'on' before attempting to start the engine...
    https://youtu.be/EW2rQo541OY

https://youtu.be/HRZ7-XjKWKU
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Jankees, excited to see Clostermann's paint! Read his book last year and it was an exciting recollection. Also, I'm doubly-impressed you're able to create these amazing and accurate paintjobs while having to factor in colorblindness!

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Negative G should NOT starve this engine of fuel or cause a cutout - the Merlin 66 had a pressurized carburetor so that problem in earlier Marks of the Spitfire was remedied by Mark IX
    Ah, the joy of feedback from armchair critics vs actual historical research. "But I read somewhere Spitfires couldn't sustain upside-down flight!" I hope someone has sent corrective feedback to FlyingIron.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Jankees, excited to see Clostermann's paint! Read his book last year and it was an exciting recollection. Also, I'm doubly-impressed you're able to create these amazing and accurate paintjobs while having to factor in colorblindness!

Ah, the joy of feedback from armchair critics vs actual historical research. "But I read somewhere Spitfires couldn't sustain upside-down flight!" I hope someone has sent corrective feedback to FlyingIron.
    so true - But I learned something new today about how the R.A.E. engineers took on this problem...ever heard of 'Miss Shilling's orifice" ? because it was news to me
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

The exhaust textures look as they should on MH526, Jankees. As always, I'm looking forward to these repaints!

so true - But I learned something new today about how the R.A.E. engineers took on this problem...ever heard of 'Miss Shilling's orifice" ? because it was news to me
    Me too! I read about that Miss Shilling's temporary fix, and then the full 1943 fix. Never had read that much about the Merlin itself until this came up. Looks like this reduced the problem even on the early Spit and Hurricane until the real fix could be implemented.

Shilling was a super-accomplished person, particularly given the barriers women faced during the time. Really interesting to read up on her! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_Shilling

Interesting that they should implement this 'fix'.

As you say, the Merlin 66 & 70 (LF/HF.IX) used a Bendix injection carburettor, so shouldn't have this issue.

(The F.IX with the Merlin 61/63/63A had the SU negative G carburettor, based on 'Miss Shilling's orifice' which was later to be known as the RAE Restrictor).

I would love to see them give a few more options for the 3D model so you could have a wartime and post war/restored versions. This would include the ability to choose the correct wartime 'flared' or 'fishtail exhausts (the rounded ones currently modelled were a post war modification and are used on some of todays fliers), an 'e' armament wing, early rudder, no upper undercarriage blisters (again, a post war mod), maybe an option to have the earlier type mirror, and also an option for the correct wartime tapered cannon fairings instead of the later 'e' wing 'blown' ones as fitted to some of todays restorations and as currently modelled.

Just some thoughts!

Cheers

Paul

Disapponted they did not address the flickering canopy glass issue in this fix. That was on their issue list in V.1. Guess they have not figured that one out yet. The prop spinner still wobbles a bit too.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 3