Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Thread: Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hybrid View

I think we can count on the small shops or individuals to be the only avenue for non-mainstream aircraft.
    Alabeo was probably the last large-ish professional shop to take on this segment - and the works they made Staggerwing, GeeBee Z, and the like from the Golden Era probably made some money.
    Aerosoft's Hughes H1 kit was another that maybe struck a chord.

But for mass appeal and best opportunity for a decent ROI the bigger outfits have to build the established favorites.
    All that the previous list of flight sims does is reinforce the truth of the formula - tells us in hard terms that this is the case.

I'll take a hard look at whatever the best shops put out there. But my money will go faster to those who build new, less common types.
    we might not ever see Matty Laird's race planes, or a Lockheed Sirius or Orion. Probably never see a Hall's Bulldog, Wedell Williams 44, or Curtiss Sparrowhawk built out by a Carenado, Aeroplane Heaven or the like..
    But if we did I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I'll take a hard look at whatever the best shops put out there. But my money will go faster to those who build new, less common types.
    we might not ever see Matty Laird's race planes, or a Lockheed Sirius or Orion. Probably never see a Hall's Bulldog, Wedell Williams 44, or Curtiss Sparrowhawk built out by a Carenado, Aeroplane Heaven or the like..
    But if we did I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    If only it were true....

Cool

Back on topic, BETA testing... looovvvveeeee IT! :-)

Marcel

That looks very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Back on topic, BETA testing... looovvvveeeee IT! :-)

Marcel
    Looking SOOOOOOOO MUCH for this Beauty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Looking SOOOOOOOO MUCH for this Beauty!!!
    that is a beautiful warbird and a terrific image - flight simming and PC tech sure has come a long way in the last 20 years or so..
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    If only it were true....
    well - if you know something about a possible commercial FS developer bringing out a Type 44 please don't be coy - I stopped buying green bananas..
    NM - I just reviewed my PM's and remembered your query regarding this aircraft.

I wish I had the skills to develop aircraft for flight sim..just don't have time to take the 3D modeling courses and learn all the other disciplines required to do it properly
    Last edited by heywooood; February 9th, 2021 at 10:04.
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 4