Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Radio mast is too big and too circular. Odd as everything else looks great.
    Checkout the Spitfire screenies at their site, antenna mast looks a bit like nothing's wrong with it... Might just be the sunglint on the antenna in Marcel's screenshot that plays a trick... ? (we're looking at it partly from the side, not straight at the back..)

I get that impression from the video as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Checkout the Spitfire screenies at their site, antenna mast looks a bit like nothing's wrong with it... Might just be the sunglint on the antenna in Marcel's screenshot that plays a trick... ? (we're looking at it partly from the site, not straight at the back..)

I get that impression from the video as well..
    LOL, good point Jan, have not checked it inSim myselve after this screenshot, will do now.

Marcel

PS
    Just checked, the antenna is round and not teardrop shape. Mean the profile at the bottom, for the rest the antenna is correctly in height and side profile so far i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    LOL, good point Jan, have not checked it inSim myselve after this screenshot, will do now.

Marcle
    Ahh, of course, you have the model, lucky you ! Shoot a screenie of the antenna straight from the back with the light shining on one side. Then we know.

PS
    Just checked, the antenna is round and not teardrop shape..
    Really ?? Well, then you can send them the photos without them feeling offended. ;-)

Issue is noted, and hopefully will be fixed.

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Only, and I mean only if it has the distinctive Spits soundset tuned for fs2020. Tired of these warbirds sounding like old trucks in FSX.
    I'm beta testing the MkIX and I have to say the sound is gorgeous. More than that though, the experience of flying around a highly realistic and recognisable English coastline as dusk approaches with the sun glinting off the water and some atmospheric clouds in the sky, is, well. I'm lost for words.

Quote Originally Posted by Spit40 View Post
    I'm beta testing the MkIX and I have to say the sound is gorgeous. More than that though, the experience of flying around a highly realistic and recognisable English coastline as dusk approaches with the sun glinting off the water and some atmospheric clouds in the sky, is, well. I'm lost for words.
    Excellent, can't wait to hear it.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Excellent, can't wait to hear it.

Same here dvj!!!

I posted this in the AH Spitfire topic, but just in case you're not reading that one...

If you have a 3D printer, you can now print your own authentic Spitfire control stick, with the throttle, landing gear, and flaps switches coming soon:

https://authentikit.org/what-is-it/

Guys, can confirm the antenna shape is fixed in the latest beta.

Marcel

Looking nice!

However, I've noticed another little mistake.

That is the outboard fairing for the a second cannon (2 cannons were never used on the MK.IX btw), has been modelled as per the 0.5 inch machine on the 'e' wing, which was mounted inboard on that wing.

It should of course be hemispherical!

(1st attached example is from a MK.Vc with hemispherical stub, second from an 'e' wing MK.IX showing the inboard 0.5 inch gun, which is currently how it is on the FIS IX).

Cheers

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2005_0807OWAug70042 (2).jpg   RR232 Stb Cannon & 0.5.jpg  

Guys, can confirm the antenna shape is fixed in the latest beta.

Marcel
    Good work, Marcel !

Hi Paul,

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    Looking nice!
    However, I've noticed another little mistake.
    That is the outboard fairing for the a second cannon (2 cannons were never used on the MK.IX btw), has been modelled as per the 0.5 inch machine on the 'e' wing, which was mounted inboard on that wing.
    It should of course be hemispherical!
    (1st attached example is from a MK.Vc with hemispherical stub, second from an 'e' wing MK.IX showing the inboard 0.5 inch gun, which is currently how it is on the FIS IX).
    Confused what you are trying the say:
    - First picture is not from a "V", the "V" marks had the "3 outlet system" for the engine.

Real-life a lot of the Mk IX's have the cannon and the other "stub" on the outside, as predicted on the model:

If i understand it all between the different marks and wing-types , the Mk IX with wing type C is modeled (also shown in the pictures above):
    http://www.historyofwar.org/Pictures...IX_602sqn.html

Marcel,

Apologies for any confusion!

What I was attempting to point out was that whilst the outboard stub on the FlyingIrons MK.IX is there and in the correct place, it is not hemispherical as it should be, as can be seen in the first picture I posted (which actually is of a MK.Vc - AR501), and in those pictures of the MK.IXs that you posted.

(As you probably know, the 'e' armament wing deleted the 4 x 303 inch machine guns, and had a 0.5 inch machine gun mounted inboard of the cannon, whilst the Hispano MK.II cannons where mounted outboard of the 0.5, and further back, hence the shorter fairing for the cannon and blister further back on the upper wing).

The reason I posted the pictures of the 'e' wing cannon arrangement was to show how FlyingIrons has appeared to have modelled the outboard stub - i.e. it is not hemispherical but flat, and looks very similar to that of the inboard 0.5 inch gun port of the 'e' wing.

So basically, it should be hemispherical and not flat as it currently is.

Hopefully that is a bit clearer!

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Understand now :-) Will pass it on.

Marcel

Some rumors that the release is this Friday. ???
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

What are your guys thoughts?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    What are your guys thoughts?

Yeah, c'mon man - how does she fly?
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I want to get it, but am hoping they might consider a discount for people (like myself), who just bought their X-Plane version (bought it last month). It's a good thing my wife doesn't monitor what I spend. She would go ballistic if she knew what I spent on addons!!! NC

Typical! I just get Warplanes WW! VR & now this is out :-)
    Like buses, 2 come along at once
    Now I have to work out how much AU$35 is is ££ & hide it from the wife

£ 19.47 - (Which I'm just spending now. . . ;-) say, 4 pints and a packet of crisps on a friday night.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 1