Looking for Daniel Maher of Baytower Studios

Thread: Looking for Daniel Maher of Baytower Studios

Looking for Daniel Maher of Baytower Studios

Hello, everyone! I'm trying to locate Daniel Maher, proprietor of Baytower Studios. I emailed him at the address found in the RV-7's readme, and it came back undeliverable. Does anyone know where I can find him? Feel free to PM me.

I've tweaked the pilot texture (reduced her dosage of Adderall and her smile, and made her shirt editable...see below) and would like to upload it here, but since it wasn't included in the original paintkit, I'd like to try and get his blessing first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fern Enterprise.jpg  
    America never stopped being great.

Have you tried contacting via the website/forum?

http://baytower.ca/

Frank,

Thanks for the response! Alas, the Baytower forum appears to have been dead for a while, the link leading only to a 404 warning page. I think I'll try Google and Linkdin. Who knows...maybe I'll get lucky!

Update: Ooh! What do you know! A Google search found an old resume and email on the Baytower site. Lemme see if that works...
    Last edited by nagpaw; February 2nd, 2021 at 07:03. Reason: Added update.

Any news on this project?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Honestly, this is a case where you do due diligence in attempting to find the author, when you have exhausted all avenues, you release the update, which is pretty minor, include the original readme, or include a readme giving full credit to the author and let it go. If he/she suddenly reappears and decides they don't like the changes made, you pull it.

I could see going through all this effort to find the author if you had changed the model in some significant way, however a texture mod. . . .you've done all that's necessary. Usually if all normal channels have failed it means they don't want to be found.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sorry, guys! I got caught up with work-related training and let this little project drop behind. Good news, though. I did get in touch with Daniel, and received his blessings. So, just some final tweaking and I'll upload this texture set here. Thanks for the interest!

Alright, I'm stuck away from home (and the computer) until Sunday evening. I'll get this uploaded when I can. Sorry for the delay!

Icon5 No Problem

I had no problem at all going to the Baytower.ca studios where you can still purchase the RV-7 reasonably through the Flight1Wrapper. Maybe they had an internet problem on the day you tried.

https://www.baytower.ca/ but as you said, the

https://www.baytower.ca/bts_forum.htm gives a 404 page when clicking that link so perhaps they took it down.

There is for those of us interested, an updated Van RV-8/8A freeware FSX by "dakoda1994" from the Fred Choate FS2004 that maybe isn't as detailed as the payware but the price is right can be found online by a Google Search. You can also find a few Lancair 2000 free by a Google search. Again not as nice as the Realair payware but still the price...

Here's What the Free One Looks Like

I downloaded the vanrv8.zip from online. There are a few sites you can find it on by a Google search for "Van's RV8/8A" I also did a Google search for photos of the real aircraft and found quite a few. One of them was called "The Poor Man's P-51 Mustang" and was painted in a squadron's colors. So...I have always liked the 80th Fighter Group's P-40N Warhawks so I decided to duplicate one of their aircraft like I would if I had built myself a real RV-8. There isn't a real paintkit for the aircraft but one of the downloads has a texture that is all white that I used to create psd files in Photoshop and then found the noseart and worked on it until I got it right. The aircraft is supposed to have a vc according to the panel.cfg but it comes up all black so for the present I am using the beautiful 2D panel that it came with and will try and figure out why the VC doesn't work. Here are a few screenshots at my custom airport 60J Ocean Isle, NC.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s0gja2v2obb87aq6g.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	81741

Name:	rtv16839onpgzrj6g.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	81742

Name:	h4v09c5kdmsms3d6g.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	81743
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_210227_165323.jpg   image_210227_165356.jpg   cockpit.jpg  

Here's What the Free One Looks Like

This was a duplicate I couldn't get rid of, sorry so I just erased it all.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    https://www.baytower.ca/bts_forum.htm gives a 404 page when clicking that link so perhaps they took it down..
    Yes, it was the forum I was referring to. And the email that's listed for Daniel doesn't work. It's okay, though. I tracked him down

I just uploaded the completed file. It should show up soon. Thanks again for everyone's interest!

Members who have read this thread: 0