Brandnew HMS Duncan for a British Task Force

Thread: Brandnew HMS Duncan for a British Task Force

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Brandnew HMS Duncan for a British Task Force

Hi folks

ADMIRAL189 has added the HMS Duncan D-37 to his amazing ship collection. Its still BETA but it looks really great in my sim...

Please take a look on

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/241974...g-ship-models/

A big Thank you for his hard work.

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210131100854_1.jpg   20210131100716_1.jpg   20210131100825_1.jpg   20210131100845_1.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

First landing under comfortable weather conditions...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210131151851_1.jpg   20210131152716_1.jpg   20210131153411_1.jpg  

These are great shots! I spend my time in DCS (the best sim for military and systems) practicing the Case I recovery mission around the "Super Carrier". I do that primarily because I have no clue how to start from a location I select. I also have no clue how to add additional pieces / objects into the sim. Is there a "simple" (simple so I can understand) set of instructions available somewhere that explains the steps you need to take to accomplish what you have done? Thanks.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

My solution: guides, tutorials and "trial and error"

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    These are great shots! I spend my time in DCS (the best sim for military and systems) practicing the Case I recovery mission around the "Super Carrier". I do that primarily because I have no clue how to start from a location I select. I also have no clue how to add additional pieces / objects into the sim. Is there a "simple" (simple so I can understand) set of instructions available somewhere that explains the steps you need to take to accomplish what you have done? Thanks.
    Hi rvn817j

first I have to say that I am a absolute beginner in the matter of DCS and itīs abilities. I think there is no quick solution and no simple and single checklist how to do these things

- Download and install of mods (like a tech mod HMS Duncan or aircraft mods like the great ANUBIS C-130)
    - Mission editing (weather, creating flights, ship groups placing templates and static objects etc..)

Otherwise - I am a DCS beginner and really not a superhuman... What have I done?
    You have to invest time to read and/or to look videos... There are several guides and tutorials for these different questions and steps to make...

I really recommend the numerous plan-specific and not plane-specific tutorials from grimreapers

-> https://grimreapers.net/

-> for example: grimreapers "Mission Editor" videos (52) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-f...5CMcv7PrSHpreS

Even Chuckīs DCS aircraft guides are very good to understand your aircraft(s)...

-> https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs/

A lot of information and examples gives the DCS Tutorial Collection - partly referring to Grimreapers and Chuck....

-> http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.d...rofs.php#gener

Last but not least rummaging in the different DCS forums is a way, to get practical tips...

Hopefully my remarks could help you . DCS is very complex software - maybe a little bit deterrent - but you will see, that especially the mission editor is a relative simple instrument, which can be quickly learned..

Many greetings RS

GET SOME STICKYs FOR THIS FORUM!!!

Thanks RS. Unlike you, I've been "flying" (and usually dying) in DCS for years and have never explored how to do anything other than load the preset training / missions / etc. Like you I have found the sim to be very cumbersome and complicated when it comes to making changes to those presets!

I don't know who moderates this forum and I see you (RS) have tried to get a "sticky" in the past. We need to shake up the moderator to get some stickies for various items. I like the idea of a "sticky" for DCS Mods and DCS How Tos.

Hey moderator....how about some stickies? Thank you.

RS - Some of the links you provided are great "rabbit holes" that lead to amazingly detailed "stuff".
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Make little steps....

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Thanks RS. Unlike you, I've been "flying" (and usually dying) in DCS for years and have never explored how to do anything other than load the preset training / missions / etc. Like you I have found the sim to be very cumbersome and complicated when it comes to making changes to those presets!

I don't know who moderates this forum and I see you (RS) have tried to get a "sticky" in the past. We need to shake up the moderator to get some stickies for various items. I like the idea of a "sticky" for DCS Mods and DCS How Tos.

Hey moderator....how about some stickies? Thank you.

RS - Some of the links you provided are great "rabbit holes" that lead to amazingly detailed "stuff".
    Hi rvn817j

Yes itīs right - there is a chance to get lost in these rabbit holes. But itīs the same with FSX and other sims...

Iīve started very simple in the first DCS steps - only placing my aircraft on a Air Base possibly with some waypoints - not more. Placing ships or vehicles is more or less the same... You need only few minutes to build a small battle (if you like) between two or more ships... etc...
    In any case I would recommend to do such things in little steps ...from scratch and not to try to change existing (complex) missions files.

Many greetings RS

Members who have read this thread: 1