The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Any updates going to trickle down to the FSX/P3D versions?
    Not at this time I'm afraid, it's very hard to bring changes from one platform to the next, as the materials, orientation and part heirachies are completely different. I guesstimate that 60% of all users seem to have moved across to MSFS now, so it's also becoming really tough to justify more updates on the older platforms, but I don't rule it out in the future once things settle down, just not for now until I'm established in MSFS a bit better.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Did you solve the HUD collimation? If so....how? Would love to get some legacy stuff working!!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Did you solve the HUD collimation? If so....how? Would love to get some legacy stuff working!!!
    Not yet. Collimation in FSX and P3D was achieved by leveraging an error in texture mapping in the sims themselves - no such error available in MSFS. However, there is the possibility of using a material known as parallax to collimate a HUD, haven't had time to test it yet though and not sure just how good it would be.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

3rd party mods

I'm unsure of the effect this mod will have.

This mod contains Flight Characteristics and Performance Reworks, Engine Characteristics and Performance Reworks and misc for DC Designs F-15E Aircraft
    https://flightsim.to/file/7019/fligh...e-strike-eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I'm unsure of the effect this mod will have.

https://flightsim.to/file/7019/fligh...e-strike-eagle
    I think that these mods are safe enough to use, but they become redundant with each update, another one of which is out late next week which fixes many of the things covered by this mod.

While I'm here, custom sound pack is almost ready, full navigation suite now working, fixed the cockpit flickering, tons of other stuff added or improved

not quite the right model, but still..

jk1300

Clip_5

jk1310

jk1302
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

and an update for the tail and wing textures:
    jk1316

jk1331

jk1351
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

and a bit of tail art
    jk1359

jk1378

jk1367

work in progress:

Can someone point me to a basic tutorial on the easiest way to package MSFS repaints for distribution please? I'm finding all of the new files and folder systems much more complex than those in FSX and earlier .

Some of my current works in progress:

JASDF-943.jpg

IDF-802.jpg

IDF-979.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    work in progress:
    WOW!!

Hi folks,

The Eagles have been updated to v1.0.1 now. You should receive your notification from Just Flight soon, but the update is all ready. One of the few things not to change is the MFD displays - they remain single-screen for now, simply because MSFS really does seem to have a performance issue with multiple screens and I am cautious of pushing the boundaries too far. For another update in the future, hopefully. Enjoy!

DC Designs F-15 Eagles, Changelog v1.0.1

BUG FIXES ( all variants)

Flickering light in virtual cockpits: FIXED
    Control column top Ngons: FIXED
    Ailerons reversed in VC view: FIXED
    Cockpit camera left view error: FIXED
    HSI and CDI INOP: Fixed for full VOR/DME navigation
    Cold and dark ramp start: FIXED
    HSI Distance and course readouts: FIXED
    HUD hard to read in bright light: FIXED ( see additions )
    HUD AoA bracket not visible: FIXED
    HDG and CRS knobs not working correctly: FIXED
    ILS detection invalid: FIXED
    GPS/NAV switch not present: FIXED
    Fuel flow indicators inaccurate: FIXED
    INOP generator switches: REMOVED ( Not functioning correctly in MSFS )
    INOP master-start switch: REMOVED ( Event Master Start All not available in MSFS as a “switch” )
    INOP Hydraulic switches: REMOVED ( F-15 has engine-driven hydraulic system )
    To/From flags missing from HSI: FIXED
    Floodlight switch reversed: FIXED
    Some internal PBR surfaces not displaying: FIXED
    Heading knob working but not animating:FIXED
    Toe-brakes too weak: FIXED
    F-15D gyro-compass acting like Whiskey compass: FIXED
    Tailhook handle INOP: Fixed
    Tailhook external INOP: FIXED
    Rain and snow entering cockpit: FIXED
    Throttles not responding at low RPM setting: FIXED

ADDITIONS

WWise custom sound set from Sim Accoustics, unique engine sounds for Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 and Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 plus internal cockpit sounds, sound attenuation, AI sounds, 3D sound and more...
    Exterior PBR effects enhanced with new metallic texture sheets for more realistic surface finish
    Further enhancements to the aerodynamics and engine files ( in collaboration with, and with permission of, expert modders "CodenameJack447", "Severus" and "Silent" )
    Icing effects added to canopy and windshield
    Mild "tint" added to windshield for better HUD visibility in bright sunlight
    Scratches on canopy glass enhanced for greater visibility
    Anti-Ice switch added for windshield
    HUD power switch added to all versions on HUD control panel
    Fuel gauge read-out simplified to total fuel weight ( pounds )
    Hz ADF dial added ( KHz dial can also be tapped to change Hz frequency )
    Checklists added to the in-sim Dropdown menu

Autopilot remains a simple 3-axis system, and does not have selectable VS or ALT. Fly to the required "numbers", activate AP master, then grab HDG Hold, ALT Hold.
    Set throttle for airspeed.
    Set GPS/NAV switch to "NAV" for VOR navigation, switch to "GPS" to follow a flight plan.

Many thanks for the update

Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Dean for continuing to update these aircraft.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hello,

Just some thoughts after 10 minutes of flying. (latest version)

Did you happen to see that at slow taxi, the wheels don't spin consistantly? Tend to skip. All models.

Were you intending to improve the canopy reflections at some point? These looks very flat to my eye. Canopy scratches could be reduced by 25% to 30% IMHO.

Any upgrades planned for the interior textures? Seems very FSX to my eyes.

It's a fun flyer and looks good in screenshots, the new sound set is very, very good, but sadly I am a bit disappointed in this one.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Hello,

Just some thoughts after 10 minutes of flying. (latest version)

Did you happen to see that at slow taxi, the wheels don't spin consistantly? Tend to skip. All models.

Were you intending to improve the canopy reflections at some point? These looks very flat to my eye. Canopy scratches could be reduced by 25% to 30% IMHO.

Any upgrades planned for the interior textures? Seems very FSX to my eyes.

It's a fun flyer and looks good in screenshots, the new sound set is very, very good, but sadly I am a bit disappointed in this one.

-d
    Yes, I recently noticed the skipping wheels, something for the fix list - not sure why they do it as they're animated normally. Canopy scratches are a WIP, I have a new version but have not tested it yet ( it's going into the Tomcat so will see how it looks ). The Eagles were ports from FSX/Prepar3D so that's why some of the textures look a little older. They'll get incremental improvements over time though, probably with mesh replacing some flat textured areas.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Yes, I recently noticed the skipping wheels, something for the fix list - not sure why they do it as they're animated normally. Canopy scratches are a WIP, I have a new version but have not tested it yet ( it's going into the Tomcat so will see how it looks ). The Eagles were ports from FSX/Prepar3D so that's why some of the textures look a little older. They'll get incremental improvements over time though, probably with mesh replacing some flat textured areas.
    Thumbs up.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

F15C,D,E,I addon liveries

I have a bunch of liveries for the above that I am trying to install. I open the livery and drag & drop to the "Community" folder. The liveries show up as they are supposed to under the main aircraft. When I check the intended livery to fly it it does not appear. This happens with any livery by any author. I have deleted & reinstalled the main aircraft & all the liveries 3 times and I'm still can't fly them. All I see is the runway; and not the aircraft I want to fly. Anybody got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

FIXED & I don't know why, except that I left out a few "livery" downloads.
    Last edited by jim; March 5th, 2021 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Thanks. Yes, we have lots of official reviewers lined up who do a much more thorough job, but won't be releasing until most of these annoying little bugs are cleaned up. Shouldn't be too long now.
    I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. You released an unfinished product for full price, get some bad reviews because of the unfinished state of your work, then you say the good reviews are lined up to be "released" when your product is finished. Dude if you don't want bad reviews at release finish your product before release. It's that simple. You can't release an unfinished product for full price and not expect some bad reviews.

Icon28 Why do I not feel like a fighter pilot?

Dean,

I am unhappy because you have released a product that has failed to let me live my fantasies as a fighter pilot. I mean, Come On! The g meter reads 7.5 but I am barely having to use AGSM. I can jump in the marshal stack awaiting case recovery holding instructions but the controller has yet to be able to contact me since your radios just suck. Sometimes, I give up on life and crash nose first into terrain during jedi transition and somehow survive everytime to tell my wife about it. Why does my wife not love me more even though I feel that I hold NATOPs quals in multiple jets? I have even mastered everything in DCS yet the society just keeps calling me a gamer instead of a fighter pilot. YOU have failed as a developer. YOU should hang 'em up.

Dean,
    I AM happy, because it looks great, and I'm having great fun with it.
    I have no idea what an AGSM is, or a marshal stack, and I don't care.
    So you keep developing them, and I'll paint them, OK?
    Now, what about that P-61? I'm pretty sure it's not using AGSM...or is it?
    Australian Graduate School of Management?
    American Gold Star Mothers?
    Asociación Guatemalteca de Servicios Medicos?
    Advanced Geologic Strain Measurements?

Oh well..

jk1992

jk2006

jk1976

Quote Originally Posted by rubblebeam View Post
    I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. You released an unfinished product for full price, get some bad reviews because of the unfinished state of your work, then you say the good reviews are lined up to be "released" when your product is finished. Dude if you don't want bad reviews at release finish your product before release. It's that simple. You can't release an unfinished product for full price and not expect some bad reviews.
    The product was released when it was ready for the target audience - gamers, entertainment fans who don't worry about every little detail being perfect to the real aircraft. Then it was updated as planned. In fact there were three updates planned, but things went better than expected so it was mostly done in two. This was all telegraphed waaay in advance via my Facebook page, but of course you can't reach everybody. My actual mistake really was underestimating just how much interest there would be and how many would buy the Eagles at launch. Still, I always wonder to myself what people were looking at with weeks' of preview videos on You Tube, dozens of pictures on the Just Flight website, then bought the Eagles and complained they "weren't what they were expecting". Anyway, Eagles are now very much loved by the vast majority of users and that's a result what good developers do - support their products and improve them wherever possible, whenever possible, so that they continue to sell and be enjoyed by users.

I should also add that so many of the reviews of the original product were done by self-serving, click-baiting You Tubers who clearly can't fly even a simulated aircraft to save their lives. One of them was on Legacy Mode and couldn't take off so blamed the aircraft instead of their own stupidity, another self-appointed DCS "expert" mis-flew and even crashed the aircraft and confidently concluded it was the aircraft's fault, having self-confessedly not read the manual ( as evidenced by their claims that things didn't work, when they clearly do ). Others claimed the flight model was poor, while trying to land on aircraft carriers with full afterburner, full flaps and the airbrake extended. The list is endless and I have no respect for any of them. They're not reviewers, they're-cartoon character fantasists with zero talent.

Members who have read this thread: 3