The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Dean,
    Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to your other project.
    Glad you're enjoying the Eagles, much more to come this year!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Tom,
    That's what I hate about messaging via forums, the tone can be mis-perceived. I apologize but don't mean to offend anyone around here. I am a stickler about the aviation community having been part of it for 14 years, and keep forgetting that simming is for the enjoyment of us all. Anywho, you have a good weekend.
    No harm, no foul, no problem. And GREAT screenshots. I think you just helped sell me an Eagle.

And like you, I'm really keeping an eye on that other project.

Hope you have a great rest of the day.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

People,

I've flown this lovely bird, totaly love it, and I even ****'ed. But I can't seem to change the loadouts.

Can anyone give me a pointer please?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    No harm, no foul, no problem. And GREAT screenshots. I think you just helped sell me an Eagle.

And like you, I'm really keeping an eye on that other project.

Hope you have a great rest of the day.

Alan, I'm glad you got the Eagle and I hope you enjoy it. It was an easy call for me as I already had Dean's Super Hornet and Eagle in P3D and upgrade price is definitely worth it.

Have a great week. Let's see some snow later this week. Maybe we can get a snow day here and enjoy some more sim time.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    People,

I've flown this lovely bird, totaly love it, and I even ****'ed. But I can't seem to change the loadouts.

Can anyone give me a pointer please?

Cheers,

Priller

Yup, Easy! go the fuel/payload manager and it actually specifies what weight values you have to put in for each hardpoint for a particular missile/bomb to show. As for the fuel tanks, change the value to zero in the last two sections (external 1 and 2 I believe). One is for center-line and the other is for under-wing tanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (240).jpg  

Alan, I'm glad you got the Eagle and I hope you enjoy it. It was an easy call for me as I already had Dean's Super Hornet and Eagle in P3D and upgrade price is definitely worth it.

Have a great week. Let's see some snow later this week. Maybe we can get a snow day here and enjoy some more sim time.
    Agree. Sounding more like one of those miserable sleet/freezing rain things - both tomorrow and Wednesday/Thursday. But we can hope!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Great skins Noddy, good to see folks are already using the Paint Kit!

Got an update coming in just a few days, lots of bug-fixes and also the first stage of the planned texture overhaul in the cockpit along with higher-detail modeling and Mach 2+ capability. There will probably be at least two of these over the coming weeks as the Eagles are brought up to full MSFS standard, followed by a third for sound. More systems will also come on-line as I work out how to implement them better, switchable displays being one important one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cockpit Upgrade.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post

Got an update coming in just a few days, lots of bug-fixes and also the first stage of the planned texture overhaul in the cockpit along with higher-detail modeling and Mach 2+ capability. There will probably be at least two of these over the coming weeks as the Eagles are brought up to full MSFS standard, followed by a third for sound. More systems will also come on-line as I work out how to implement them better, switchable displays being one important one.
    Switchable displays as in being able to control the loadouts?

Priller

PS: really enjoying this bird!
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Dean, Thanks....looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post

Love the Langley livery. Brings me back to old school days when I got to take a trip to Langley with ROTC, and the F-15C Eagles were reigning supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Switchable displays as in being able to control the loadouts?

Priller

PS: really enjoying this bird!
    Glad you're enjoying the Eagles! Loadouts are controlled via the fuel & payload manager, see post a few above yours.

Glad you're enjoying the Eagles! Loadouts are controlled via the fuel & payload manager, see post a few above yours.

There is literally a post in response to his loadout question providing him the answer; yet...

There is literally a post in response to his loadout question providing him the answer; yet...
    But it's not always easy to spot scrolling through 63 replies to the original post.

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

F-15 Eagle Update #1 is out folks, lots of bug fixes and improvements. Some things are still under investigation ( why VOR / ILS not moving indicators despite being detected, for instance ) but most things fixed

DC Designs F-15 Eagles package Changelog for v0.2.0

BUG FIXES PHASE 1

Gauge performance issue in virtual cockpit that was cutting frame rates in half: Fixed for F-15C and D, improved for E and I models.
    Canopy Reflections in virtual cockpit too high: Reflective surface reduced
    Missing cameras in cockpit: New camera views added
    I and D models hidden in liveries: Models now all have separate folders
    Polygon shadowing on ailerons: Fixed
    Engine start issue on runway, gate, apron etc: Fixed
    Texture fall back issue: Fixed
    Canopy able to open in flight: Fixed
    Gear handle lever mouse-rect INOP: Fixed
    Aircraft restricted to Mach 1: Fixed, now Mach 2 + capable ( further aerodynamic and engine work in progress )
    Lights "move" from positions: fixed
    LOD models appear at wrong times or too early: fixed
    Polygon shading on control column: fixed
    Landing gear lever INOP: Fixed
    F-15E / I faint HUD: Fixed
    Incorrect heirachy on throttle switches: Fixed
    Throttles failing to move independently per engine: Fixed
    Beacon light switch corrected to "Strobe"
    Removed wing "G-vapor" effect due to general user opinion

ADDITIONS PHASE 1

New aerodynamics and engine settings ( with permission of and many thanks to enthusiast and modder CodenameJack447! )
    New camera views added to Virtual Cockpit
    NAV-HOLD switch added to cockpit
    NAV SWAP switch added to F-15C and D side panels
    Switch material modified for less "shine"
    New afterburner visibility coding ( with permission of and many thanks to SilentG37 and Severus! )

TEXTURE UPGRADE PHASE 1

Several FSX and P3D platform textures replaced, PBR added to cockpit surfaces along with weathering
    Resolution of texture maps increased
    UV maps re-done to support higher resolution without performance degredation.

MODELING UPGRADE PHASE 1

Cockpit modeling enhanced, extra detail added to cockpit walls, canopy frame and canopy handle areas
    Polygon and Ngon shadowing issues fixed
    Rudder pedals re-modeled and textured

KNOWN ISSUES

TAA mode still tears all and any projected-gauge displays. This is a current limitation within MSFS, and at this time Asobo have not issued a fix.
    MFD Displays limited to what MSFS can reasonably reproduce, no FLIR or RADAR yet that were featured in Prepar3D versions, but working on replacements.
    NAV functions coded correctly but sometimes failing to respond to VOR / ILS frequencies. Investigating to fix for next update.
    F-15E and I still suffering from some FPS loss due to many glass screen displays, caused by MSFS incompatibility with XML coding. Investigating further
    how to improve performance, with a view to ultimately re-coding displays in HTML for ideal compatibility

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUTURE UPGRADES

PHASE 2

New aerodynamics and engine files for higher accuracy in handling and performance at all altitudes
    More cockpit modeling and texturing improvements, further bug fixes as required, implementation of extra features and animations
    Further performance optimisation wherever possible

PHASE 3

Final sound package, full kinetic and stereo 3D WWise custom F-15 Eagle sound package from Sim Accoustics
    Any required further bug fixes and refinements.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Dean!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Great job Dean, she is loaded up and ready to go. Flight time this afternoon.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Video 2.0

A followup to the first video it gives a chance to see some of the updates Dean has listed above.
    I won't say a review, perhaps observations is a better term. As it seems to be the only 2.0 video out there its maybe worth taking a look.
    (my 2 cents is if one of Dean's beta testers could make a video covering updates..? or is there a real F-15 pilot who does reviews..?)

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    A followup to the first video it gives a chance to see some of the updates Dean has listed above.
    Sorry, but Just Flight and I have decided not to engage with this guy Overkill anymore. He does point out some important bugs that still need fixing, but failed to read either the manual or the Changlog, which is kind of important. Much of what he says is due to him not operating the aircraft correctly - no trim on take off, but calling the roll "long", landing too fast and then saying it's the HUD's fault, flipping switches that work but then claiming they don't ( again, manual ). The guy's an amateur.

Sorry, but Just Flight and I have decided not to engage with this guy Overkill anymore. He does point out some important bugs that still need fixing, but failed to read either the manual or the Changlog, which is kind of important. Much of what he says is due to him not operating the aircraft correctly - no trim on take off, but calling the roll "long", landing too fast and then saying it's the HUD's fault, flipping switches that work but then claiming they don't ( again, manual ). The guy's an amateur.
    I completely agree.
    I think getting your message out there (in video form) would be invaluable. Staying ahead of any misinformation and concerns, perhaps by one of your beta testers or a blogger you respect. Similar to what some of the the FlyByWire developers do.
    Best of luck.!

Yeah, sadly, the internet is full of people who will do anything for attention. I remember when we were developing (Plane-Design) some guy went after our Spitfire that I had to repeatedly fact check him on (My degree is in Aeronautical Engineering) the aero, etc. Jerry Beckwith and Ed, and with great input from Andy Sephton (BAe test pilot and actual Spitfire pilot) a little input from me (I was loaded down with real world work at the time) developed the flight model. This guy who didn't know anything about any of that was telling us it was all wrong. I love your F-15, there isn't anything you're going to do about the whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I completely agree.
    I think getting your message out there (in video form) would be invaluable. Staying ahead of any misinformation and concerns, perhaps by one of your beta testers or a blogger you respect. Similar to what some of the the FlyByWire developers do.
    Best of luck.!
    Thanks. Yes, we have lots of official reviewers lined up who do a much more thorough job, but won't be releasing until most of these annoying little bugs are cleaned up. Shouldn't be too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Yeah, sadly, the internet is full of people who will do anything for attention. I remember when we were developing (Plane-Design) some guy went after our Spitfire that I had to repeatedly fact check him on (My degree is in Aeronautical Engineering) the aero, etc. Jerry Beckwith and Ed, and with great input from Andy Sephton (BAe test pilot and actual Spitfire pilot) a little input from me (I was loaded down with real world work at the time) developed the flight model. This guy who didn't know anything about any of that was telling us it was all wrong. I love your F-15, there isn't anything you're going to do about the whiners.
    Yep, see it all the time ( on all releases, not just mine ). The Internet makes "experts" out of everyone it seems, but few have any real knowledge.

DC, glad you didn't give in to this guy and 1000% some DCS players are the worst when it comes to aircraft knowledge "I saw a F-15 take off once, so I know everything about it now!", just spend 30 seconds on the DCS forums. There's rivet counters in FS, but DCS has another level. Any updates going to trickle down to the FSX/P3D versions?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 3