The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle

The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle

The external models look good on the screenshots.
    The non-collimated HUD however... in 2021...
    What about the features/systems depth ? Any feedback in these areas ?

I'm quoting here the description taken from the JustFlight's product page above:
    Fully native MSFS aircraft

All models have been coded with Microsoft Flight Simulator native 'Model Behaviors' animations and built to MSFS operational specifications to prevent issues with future simulator upgrades.
    The DC Designs F-15 Eagles are fully compliant with MSFS native materials and make use of the new simulator's features such as rain effects and sounds, fully reflective glass, native aerodynamic sound structures, the new 'Modern' aerodynamics system with the ability to provoke 'departure spins', and customised visibility controls for wheel chocks, covers, GPU and guard.
    The F-15 Eagles also contain custom-built and animated effects such as G-vapor, afterburners, and custom-modelled Head-Up Displays.
    Other features include authentic night lighting which includes user-operated 'slime lights' for combat operations and custom-coded air-intake animations based on aircraft airspeed and angle-of-attack.
    Numerous external animations including canopy, crew ladders, tail hook and control surfaces are modelled to mimic the Eagle’s 'active' fly-by-wire systems.
    The F-15 Eagles are also fully compliant with Virtual Reality headsets.

Cockpit

Truly 3D virtual cockpits featuring accurately modelled ejector seats, controls and detailed texturing, each matching the respective variants
    Instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
    Working rear-view mirrors
    'Scratched canopy' glass effects, reflective glass
    Crew figures in the virtual cockpit are coded to disappear when you occupy their seats
    Front and rear cockpit positions included in all twin-seat variants

Aircraft systems

3D modelled dials, ADI, 'whiskey' compass and other high-detail instruments designed to emulate the appearance of the real F-15 Eagles
    MFDs with visual layouts based on the real aircraft systems
    Head-Up Display with authentic layout based on the real F-15 Eagle variants
    Custom-coded, user-controlled ordnance via the simulator Payload Manager, allowing for live mounting of weapons on hardpoints with active weight increase.
    So, it looks like the aircrafts comes with quite a few nice graphical things, including neat scratches on the canopy for example.
    A payload manager is also included, if I understand correctly.
    Also, the package includes the Eagle AND the Strike Eagle, which is nice for the price (33 €).
    I really miss my Milviz F-15, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a while until we see any Milviz stuff in MSFS, so I may consider this product... once the HUD will be fixed, that is

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The non-collimated HUD however... in 2021...
    Seriously? Sadly, a showstopper for me.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    For me too!

Blog Entries
    I purchased it and find that it flies well in MSFS. I have only logged one flight but it flew has I would expect the F-15 to fly. It was solid on approach when trimmed. I am pleased.

I have not tried the autopilot but the switches move when clicked, so I assume it works. It is simple enough, a basic, hold altitude, heading, etc. The canopy opens and closes. The radios are tunable. From what I can see that is it system wise. Then again, MSFS doesn't offer much for systems.

I am not sure if the Flight Path Marker works. I did a straight in and a closed pattern. The FPM did not align with the aircraft's path in either case. If it doesn't work, that will be sad. I will fly it again later to see if I can fly an ILS and get the FPM to point where the aircraft is going.

I had the P3D version so I got it for $15.00. That is a good price vs. value point to me. $40 plus is not. For $40 I expect more system wise than the basic MSFS offerings. I like DC and Just Flight. I hope they do well with their MSFS offerings. However, I don't see a lot of casual simmers spending $40 on many aircraft. I know that at this price point I am very unlikely to purchase the F-18.

Then I am an old retired steam-gauge pilot from the last century. What do I know.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    However, I don't see a lot of casual simmers spending $40 on many aircraft. I know that at this price point I am very unlikely to purchase the F-18.

Then I am an old retired steam-gauge pilot from the last century. What do I know.
    Agreed. Not saying it´s too expensive but I´m one of those casual simmers...
    regards

Since I just have to pay the upgrade price, I'm definitely getting it. I'm also looking forward to his Super Hornet upgrade which is next. I think it's going to be years, if ever, before we see a VRS SH in MSFS.

Awesome pictures Noddy!

There is a very good reason why there is no collimated HUD - MSFS cannot do that yet! As soon as it can, I'll update the Eagles accordingly.

Systems depth is thin mainly because that's all there is in MSFS - functional / switchable MFDs will come later as more stuff comes on-line, but without radar or FLIR or anything to put in there, it's not really worth having that functionality yet. Even when it does come, I build entertainment-level aircraft, not study level or even close, so I won't be including anything too heavy anyway.

Textures and internal modeling are being prepared for the first update. I intend to keep improving the Eagles over 2021 to bring them fully up to MSFS standard, but for now I have to go at the same pace as the sim itself...
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Awesome pictures Noddy!

There is a very good reason why there is no collimated HUD - MSFS cannot do that yet! As soon as it can, I'll update the Eagles accordingly.

Systems depth is thin mainly because that's all there is in MSFS - functional / switchable MFDs will come later as more stuff comes on-line, but without radar or FLIR or anything to put in there, it's not really worth having that functionality yet. Even when it does come, I build entertainment-level aircraft, not study level or even close, so I won't be including anything too heavy anyway.

Textures and internal modeling are being prepared for the first update. I intend to keep improving the Eagles over 2021 to bring them fully up to MSFS standard, but for now I have to go at the same pace as the sim itself...

Fantastic aircraft. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (221).jpg  

Fantastic set of screenies Andy ~ Well done on this series of Eagles Dean ! Mike

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

DC Designs F-15C D, E and I Eagle

[QUOTE=DC1973;1250185]Awesome pictures Noddy!

/QUOTE]

That is good news, Noddy!

Dean,

Many thanks for the compliment on the screenshot.

A fantastic model and thanks for your continued work on this and other projects.

Blog Entries
    Awesome pictures Noddy!

Dean,

I do not wish to sound harpy or persnickety. However, I would like to fly from one TACAN to another and fly an ILS. The manual says the airplanes have ILS ability. I could not get it on the "C". I know I had the correct freq. in because it showed the identifier in the HUD. I had no ILS bars on the HUD or the HSI. In fact my HSI didn't have a heading bug or an arrow pointing to the TACAN.

I looked all over the cockpit to see if I had to push something to enable the ILS. There was a non-functional knob to select NAV source, but it is inop.

The model flies well. maybe the first model to fly properly right out of the box. The visuals and sounds are wonderful. I don't need to drop bombs or shoot down unsuspecting GA aircraft. I do expect to be able to fly an ILS. After all, nobody buys a F-15 to just go VFR sight-seeing.

If my criticisms are unfounded or due to a lack of an ability to read a manual, I apologize.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Dean,

I do not wish to sound harpy or persnickety. However, I would like to fly from one TACAN to another and fly an ILS. The manual says the airplanes have ILS ability. I could not get it on the "C". I know I had the correct freq. in because it showed the identifier in the HUD. I had no ILS bars on the HUD or the HSI. In fact my HSI didn't have a heading bug or an arrow pointing to the TACAN.

I looked all over the cockpit to see if I had to push something to enable the ILS. There was a non-functional knob to select NAV source, but it is inop.

The model flies well. maybe the first model to fly properly right out of the box. The visuals and sounds are wonderful. I don't need to drop bombs or shoot down unsuspecting GA aircraft. I do expect to be able to fly an ILS. After all, nobody buys a F-15 to just go VFR sight-seeing.

If my criticisms are unfounded or due to a lack of an ability to read a manual, I apologize.
    Hi, you're not being harpy! Interesting, I have an active ILS beam in the HSI but the bug does indeed seem to have done one and vanished - an easy update fix. TACAN does not work in MSFS, it would be VOR, so military airfields may not be detectable for that reason ( I think FSX and P3D had the same issue ) but none the less I'll put this on the bug-check list and investigate.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Leave it to me Dean, what am I missing with the install. I changed to Legacy model but looks the same in both Modern and Legacy. No landing gear and cockpit looks like something is missing as well.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-15C MSFS.jpg  
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Leave it to me Dean, what am I missing with the install. I changed to Legacy model but looks the same in both Modern and Legacy. No landing gear and cockpit looks like something is missing as well.
    Zoom in! You're looking at a LOD model because the camera is zoomed out, although it seems a bit close to be that much detail missing. Might need optimising.

If it's not that, then best just re-install it. Some folks have been having issues with the installer.

I reinstalled once but will do it again. I even did the download over. Back after trying again. I see on the facebook page to leave it as it came for the model, MODERN.

Ok, I reinstalled and zoomed in. Landing gear and cockpit canopy shows up. Zoomed out and they disappear again. Same happens in flight. Any way to allow zooming out and keeping the gear and canopy?

Blog Entries
    Hi, you're not being harpy! Interesting, I have an active ILS beam in the HSI but the bug does indeed seem to have done one and vanished - an easy update fix. TACAN does not work in MSFS, it would be VOR, so military airfields may not be detectable for that reason ( I think FSX and P3D had the same issue ) but none the less I'll put this on the bug-check list and investigate.
    I flew both the "C" and "E" models. Still no ILS bars. The station identifier and DME but I get no steering bars in either the HSI/DHSI or the HUDs. The "E" model's HSI does have the arrow. I don't know if it points to the TACAN station, because I only loaded the "E" on final after seeing the "C" wasn't working.

The HSI in "C" has the CDI bar but no station pointing arrow. Both the T-38 and F-4, which I flew in RL, had them. I am assuming the F-15's HSI does too. I have been dialing in the VOR freqs. I didn't see a TACAN channel selector.

Question for everyone who has the aircraft. Do you have ILS bars? Or is just something with my setup?
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Ok, I reinstalled and zoomed in. Landing gear and cockpit canopy shows up. Zoomed out and they disappear again. Same happens in flight. Any way to allow zooming out and keeping the gear and canopy?
    The LOD models just need optimising so that they appear when further away than the camera, an easy fix which I will include in the first update, thanks for letting me know.

Members who have read this thread: 3