Captain Sim 707 in P3Dv4

Thread: Captain Sim 707 in P3Dv4

Captain Sim 707 in P3Dv4

Now before anyone gets too excited or I mislead anyone, this is with the existing FSX exterior model merged with another VC. However, as others may know, this doesn't overcome the CS anti-piracy feature that removes the landing gear and disables the control surfaces, which is a bit of a show stopper. I got her to fly by slewing her to a cruise altitude with the AP pre set. You can also see an access panel open under the cockpit - part of the anti-piracy thing. I do hope they update this model - it's quite pretty - to 64 bit and wish there was a workaround to use another VC (e.g.a the Aerosoft DC-8 or freeware 747) in the meantime so all of us that paid for the FSX model could make some use of it.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

As I also cant overcome CS system protection, I have moved by Model X HJG 707's to P3D V4, non PBR Format and merged CS707-300 cockpit with them. Then replaced most non working gauges with working ones. So I . for me, can fly more serious 707's in P3D

Till whenever CS makes the switch ( same for 727 but more far away

Roland

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-1-18_15-8-56-747.jpg   2021-1-18_15-11-4-51.jpg   2021-1-18_15-10-52-56.jpg   2021-1-18_14-59-33-838.jpg  

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Captain Sim made some great aircraft for FSX that for some reason, they never updated to P3D. Their B-52 is only one that is remotely like the real one. I would kill for a study version of this iconic aircraft. No one seems to give it much love.

since I spent years in SAC, I would love to see decent models of the KC-135, B-47 and an upgraded version of the available B-58 (FSX one is really great) as well as a FB-111. These are important aircraft of the Cold War and should not be forgotten.

Ditto on B52Bob's SAC background...I was ICBMs, so I want my EC-135C ABNCPs.

Kent

I have moved by Model X HJG 707's to P3D V4, non PBR Format and merged CS707-300 cockpit with them.
    Roland, did you convert the HJG models with MCX yourself? If so, nice work + were there any issues, e.g., with animations?

Would like to have any of their USAF RC/EC/KC-135 variants to fly in P3Dv4 with a merged VC.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The B58 Glowing heat fly's very well in P3D V4.5

EC-135C you mean that ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ec-135c_usaf_55_srw_1990_ec-135c_63-8049.jpg  

>

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Roland, did you convert the HJG models with MCX yourself? If so, nice work + were there any issues, e.g., with animations?

Would like to have any of their USAF RC/EC/KC-135 variants to fly in P3Dv4 with a merged VC.
    Yes there are some issues. and yes I did all by myself ( and had Tom Gibson Calclassic help )

Rear elevator trim works odd-->you have to fix** the main fin eventually
    usually Thrust reverser 4 has wrong code
    on the elder ones Rudder animation need to be revesed
    And biggest issue-->Flaps works in wrong direction.Only fix is go to 3 steps and allign sequence 0°,15°,30° of fix** them
    Glass transparency is still a lottery game
    other then this easy

I never did EC-135 as I am more in passenger planes- but I will try once

Which VC do you use ?

fix** make it non moveable

There is an FSX native B-52 on Internet based on Alphasim
    Last edited by thunder100; January 18th, 2021 at 09:57.

I never did EC-135 as I am more in passenger planes- but I will try once

Which VC do you use ?
    The EC-135 in your photo is good!

I could use the default 747-400 or the Aerosoft DC-8 VC's for example, but also interested in your panel.cfg for the CS 707 VC with gauges that work in 64 bit.

Flying now HJG EC-135 H+J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-1-22_14-53-8-638.jpg  

Looking great!

Exterior CS707 mdl used with a different VC

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Now before anyone gets too excited or I mislead anyone, this is with the existing FSX exterior model merged with another VC. However, as others may know, this doesn't overcome the CS anti-piracy feature that removes the landing gear and disables the control surfaces, which is a bit of a show stopper. I got her to fly by slewing her to a cruise altitude with the AP pre set. You can also see an access panel open under the cockpit - part of the anti-piracy thing. I do hope they update this model - it's quite pretty - to 64 bit and wish there was a workaround to use another VC (e.g.a the Aerosoft DC-8 or freeware 747) in the meantime so all of us that paid for the FSX model could make some use of it.

Hey Roland,

In an almost similar situation, I am able to fly it using the Just Flight DC-8-30 (by choice, finding it closer to the original 707 cockpit layout)VC.
    It can be operated in any phase of the flight using the autopilot.
    What I don't get is:
    a. manual elevator/aileron/rudder authority
    b. lack of animation for spoiler and any of the control surfaces
    c. visible landing gear

You said you have a FSX native converted version of HJG 707 ?
    would like to share it ?

HB

Members who have read this thread: 6