A Random Ramble

Thread: A Random Ramble

A Random Ramble

Well, it was quite a winter. Between computers and pandemic and uprooted households, the crew got sort of dispersed.

We have finally started to gather the bits together and at least we got a couple together on Friday. Found a rendezvous point at Grand Junction, CO and Moses03 and I were able to point our craft (an old, worn Cessna Mixmaster and a refurbed Piper Navajo) north, ending up at KEVW Evanston WY, right on the Utah border.

No plan, just the idea that, if pilots gather, we'll find a reasonable destination about 170nm away that has, hopefully, a restaurant and a portapotti.
    See y'all whenever.

Quick snap at KEVW:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 RANDOM KEVW.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

The 337 could not handle the ramble. Must be high alt of the Rockies and the bitter cold at 12,000'. (Succumbed to built-in failures or some such).

Seen in better days:

Headed north out of Twin Falls to Salmon, ID - KSMN. Weather was decent with a threat of low ceilings ahead, but generally a nice flight until Kevin discovered the Mixmaster didn't like the cold. Orbited until we saw he was safely down in a snowy field, then headed on to Salmon.

Sounds like the C337 is done but he's taking his relief fund cheque and ordering a PC-12
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 RANDOM KSMN.jpg  

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Randoming up to Geraldton Ontario.

Spotted this nifty old tractor sitting behind the airport. Wonder if it has an owner?

Well, it's been a challenge but we finally got to an end.
    CNZ3, aka CYCK Chatham Kent in suothern Ontario.
    Must have been something I said because Moses decided to go hide in the carpark behind the terminal...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 RANDOM CNZ3.jpg  

There I was in in the ol' Stratoliner trying to get over the mountains coming out of Burbank and realised that my cowl flaps wouldn't close. Not surprising considering that it'd been sitting in Lockheed's corrosion corner for over a year or so. I was surprised that it even started up. And that the Lockheed folks didn't try to stop me from getting it out of there (I suspect they were happy to see it leaving). But, the big Boeing did make it over the mountains and headed on east. Need to find someplace quiet with decent maintenance facilities to work out it's issues from sitting. And then find something that needs to be flown somewhere to make a little operating cash. The company credit card that was in the glovebox apparently expired.

(now, what does this button do?? I don't remember that one)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo0.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Members who have read this thread: 0