FSX now failing to load payware dll's and addons properly

Thread: FSX now failing to load payware dll's and addons properly

FSX now failing to load payware dll's and addons properly

Hey all,

Goshawk45 here again with yet another problem, except it keeps getting worse as time goes on. The last two payware addons I have installed fail to load in fsx. One being A2A Accufeel v2 and the other being the Carenado C172SP G1000. With accufeel, it says there is an error with third party software, see screenshot below. The Carenado Cessna has the same error message, but says it is a different dll that is the problem of course and when the sim actually loads, I cannot fly the Cessna because it just crashes the game. I have contacted both developers customer support pages and have had no luck with any fixes they suggest, just the same errors. I have tried disabling anti-virus, running as admin, and still have not had any luck. Any suggestions? and should I do a complete reinstall of FSX and Acceleration? Because these problems keep getting worse every month.
    **UPDATE**
    Fixed the Accufeel problem, followed these steps from https://www.fs-force.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=619. Just changed the name of the dll's in the FSX DLL and changed the names of the problem dll's in their respective folder. Pain in the #$%, but it works.....for now....

Thanks,

Goshawk45
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx issue.jpg  
    Last edited by goshawk45; January 5th, 2021 at 18:12. Reason: Fixed Accufeel

My guess is that you have WIN10 installed? Don't reinstall! It won't work! Acceleration and WIN10 don't match!

Cees

P3D 64 bit was the answer to these kinds of problems for me. Runs at better fps and higher resolution than FSX with the same oldish machine. No more OOM's or CTDs! It costs less than many overpriced payware planes out there!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Where is your FSX installed, goshawk45? If it is in a folder with Program Files in its name, move it to any other folder such as the C:/ root. Program Files folders often interfere with add-ons and mods for FSX.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit at the moment. My hardware probably can only run P3D v3, graphics car is too weak for v4 and v5. Is v3 a good option, or will it have the same problems?
    What all do I need to do to move the root fsx folders as TextRich suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by TextRich View Post
    Where is your FSX installed, goshawk45? If it is in a folder with Program Files in its name, move it to any other folder such as the C:/ root. Program Files folders often interfere with add-ons and mods for FSX.
    It is installed in Programfilesx86

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    My guess is that you have WIN10 installed? Don't reinstall! It won't work! Acceleration and WIN10 don't match!

Cees
    Thanks, luckily I am running Windows 8. Do you know of any problems associated with Win 8 and FSX?

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    P3D 64 bit was the answer to these kinds of problems for me. Runs at better fps and higher resolution than FSX with the same oldish machine. No more OOM's or CTDs! It costs less than many overpriced payware planes out there!
    Which one is that, because my system is old and can't run v4 and v5?

**update**

**Did not** Fix the Carenado Cessna with the same fix as Accufeel. After a successful try, I got it working for only one session, now it just sits their loading and crashes the sim. Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by goshawk45; January 6th, 2021 at 10:27. Reason: Carenado Broke again...........
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    3.5 Ghz AMD 6300 processor
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Just to answer a few questions:

-P3D with no OOMs is version v.4 and up, which is 64-bit. v.3 was the last 32-bit in the series (along with FSX) and it is limited to 4 GB of RAM.

-I personally upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and had no issues with FSX. Try moving out of the Program Files area for the installation and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TextRich View Post
    Just to answer a few questions:

-P3D with no OOMs is version v.4 and up, which is 64-bit. v.3 was the last 32-bit in the series (along with FSX) and it is limited to 4 GB of RAM.

-I personally upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and had no issues with FSX. Try moving out of the Program Files area for the installation and see if that helps.
    Does that require a full reinstall?
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    It is installed in Programfilesx86
    That may be the problem. Beginning with Windows Vista and continuing through Windows 7, 8, and 10, MS increased security on the default Windows file system, including the /Programfilesx86 folder. With operating systems beyond Windows XP, it is highly recommended to install programs, games, and sims into a separate folder and not use the default installation path.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Does that require a full reinstall?
    I don't know, I only have FSX:Steam Edition. The Steam folder where all my Steam games and applications are stored are under the C:/ root folder. You could try moving your FSX folder to C:/ and see if everything still works. If not, move the folder back, uninstall it normally, and reinstall it normally. I don't believe you will need the full reinstall.

So with it being the disc version, can I just move the flight simulator x folder or will I have to reinstall the simulator? I don't want to mess it up by moving it until I know for sure.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

So with it being the disc version, can I just move the flight simulator x folder or will I have to reinstall the simulator? I don't want to mess it up by moving it until I know for sure.
    Just moving won't work. It will screw up your app data folders and so forth.

If you insist on staying with FSX, then at least go to the Steam Edition version. Performance is better. So yes, a reinstall of the simulator.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Just moving won't work. It will screw up your app data folders and so forth.

If you insist on staying with FSX, then at least go to the Steam Edition version. Performance is better. So yes, a reinstall of the simulator.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings.

Priller
    Thanks for the answer, I figured as much. Glad I did not move anything.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Don't forget to uninstall all of your addons so that your registry is devoid of "residue". They will only cause more headaches.

BTW, FSX Steam Edition is dead cheap right now.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Don't forget to uninstall all of your addons so that your registry is devoid of "residue". They will only cause more headaches.

BTW, FSX Steam Edition is dead cheap right now.

Priller
    Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. Ill start looking into it.
    System Specs:
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    2 Gb VRAM Nvidia 750TI
    8 Gb Ram DDR3
    1 TB hard drive

Members who have read this thread: 0