A2A Aerostar belly landing

Thread: A2A Aerostar belly landing

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

A2A Aerostar belly landing

A2A Aerostar belly landing ..... all are OK !

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=23&t=71896

Does not seem he tried the standard yawing and +/- "G" (within limits) to see if that might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Does not seem he tried the standard yawing and +/- "G" (within limits) to see if that might work.
    Or perhaps he did and it didn't.

It's my understanding from two former Aerostar owners here at our field that attempting such on that type has a moderate to low probability of success. I am not sure if there is a way to dump the hydraulic pressure to allow the gear to freely fall and then attempt to rock/yaw/pitch to get them to lock but normally once the pressure is dumped (on aircraft that have such a feature/option), you're stuck with whatever gear condition it leaves you with. I think they made the right call here and did a flawless job getting it down safe. Hats off the Scott and Jake! Just glad they're safe...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They walked away without injuries, that's what matters most. Looks like minimal damage for a belly landing, that's a bonus.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

We pulled G’s and rocked the wings which only resulted in the right gear unlocking itself (and made the situation worse). The gear without hydraulic pressure is supposed to free fall (which is what the emergency gear extension actually is), but we had a situation that one gear was jammed and the right gear was getting a very questionable lock.

Jake, you guys did everything right and this incident is a good textbook study for other pilots to learn from in handling emergencies and having good CRM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0