My x-mas present to myself

Thread: My x-mas present to myself

My x-mas present to myself

I like to buy myself something this time of year, and i took a punt on the FCS Lancaster, i know FCS are a bit hit or miss, i have the Wellington which is ok, but seems to look better in FSX, and i know another forum member who really hates their Sunderland, But the Lanc works for me, esp at 9 euro's from PC Aviator, very nice sounds, very nice paints and vc, although you cant see the wings and engines from the vc strangely,
    anyone else get anything good

Yep - Coolsky did a complete package of the DC9-30, MD80 and Super 80 for P3DV4x and with a discount for previous FSX came to a miserable $25. Bargain value for three birds which all work for me!

The FCS Lancaster is definitely worth more than 9 Euros, especially as you get both the FS9 and FSX version in the same package. The model has a great VC, but I'm not a big fan of the grainy exterior textures. Repainting is a challenge as the "material" from the front part of the fuselage is different than the "material" of the rear part. Which is why it is very difficult to get in exact match in the colours.

Enjoy you new toy Ian! I had more or less a similar plan, but couldn't decide what to buy. (I already have far more than I can ever fly!).

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0