It wasn't there two days ago

Thread: It wasn't there two days ago

It wasn't there two days ago

Am I the only one to see this North-West of O64 (Brekenridge from Bush Trip Nevada fame);

There is another "monolith" far East as you you go toward this one. It eventually vanishes as you get closer.

Worth reporting?
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

I've been seeing those terrain spikes in various places as well since the update yesterday - I'm sure Asobo has been receiving many reports on them, and hopefully they'll be fixed with a patch sometime soon.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Have been spotting these spikes all over the globe since the last update. And I blamed my scenery addons for these "hickups".

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Have been spotting these spikes all over the globe since the last update. And I blamed my scenery addons for these "hickups".

Alex
    I have, purposefully, installed no addons whatsoever. So don't kick yourself in the head!
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

I even get those wonderfully oversized christmas trees as a gift:-))

No addon issue indeed, I get them anywhere. Not a lot, but sure ruining the overall impression.

Alex

These spikes are appearing worldwide. Please add your vote for this to be fixed (hopefully without delay) here at the official forum:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...t-only-at-eddl

Boez

Thank you Boez, I have added my vote.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Added mine too, even though the only time I've had my sim active was to run the update and log off. Been taking care of my dad, taking him to appointments, then bingeing SG1 on 'Flix the rest of the time. I'm thinking Corpus Christy to Key West...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

In addition to the monoliths worldwide I have run across numerous trenches cutting through the landscape in Arizona ( where I do the majority of my flying). Disappear when you get near them, but they cut lines for many dozens of miles.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

The mods over at the official forum have been kept busy merging and closing numerous threads about this. Hopefully MS/Asobo will have a hot-fix out in the not-too-distant future.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

In addition to these geographically anomalies with the recent update, I've seen some new skyscrapers pop up in a city nearby. The attached images show on an anomalous mountain that disappeared when I got closer, and several skyscrapers where there used to be regular buildings (which did NOT disappear when I got closer to them.) In latter, I overlaid the image from Bing Maps -- the tower on the left is a high school and the tower on the right is a Jr high school. Lucky kids ...

- dcc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-12-24 11_15_02-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.12.13.0.jpg   nwhs.jpg  
    - -

The monoliths dropping out when you get close is well documented as part of the issue. As for the buildings, the original Melbourne Monolith was caused by a typo in an open-source map service. Instead of being two floors, someone had entered 212. I can't help but think that someone is going into this same service and playing around. Those buildings being schools just strengthens that.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Yep, I got them too !

SOH-CM-2024
    They have been present since day 1 of MSFS, were terrible in my demographic of piedmont NC and VA. But this fellow has been constantly working on fixes and he's done a great job for the Eastern USA. Now he's moving westward. Go to this site and get this mod. It will not fix all your problems, but if you fly in the eastern US, it will fix many of them.

Cazzie

https://flightsim.to/file/4402/eleva...xes-eastern-us

There´s a new updated global patch from the community that works great for me: https://www.flightsim.to/file/5167/s...date-1-12-13-0

Replaces all previous versions. At least untill ASOBO provides us with a permanent solution.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Somebody had a backup of the base vecxxxx.cgl files replaced the new ones from the latest update and they went away with no ill effects so far as anyone can tell so far.

Members who have read this thread: 1