Returning user

Thread: Returning user

Returning user

Hi, after a few years away from simulation, I'm now trying to come back to the hobby, thanks to MSFS 2020.
    In fact I'm only interested in light and/or vintage aircraft, so the stock fleet in MSFS might not seem the most adequate for me, but with the increasing variety of 3rd party add-ons, that might change soon.
    The Aerolite 103, the newborn Grumman Goose (thanks so much OzWookiee!!) and the upcoming Waco YMF5 from Carenado are quickly reconciling me with MSFS!!
    On that basis, I think this forum might be a good place for me to share ideas (or so I remember from the times of Bill & Lynn Lyons' Custom Classics), so I thought I'd drop in to say "hi".

Hi Stearman, welcome back.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Welcome back Stearman.

Great to see you returning to the flight sim community.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

While you're waiting for the addons, try your hand at the glass-gauge 172. Get to know the stock version of the G1000, then when you get that squared away, there's a community-driven upgrade that adds a lot of the missing functionality. I bought the "Deluxe" version for the steam 172, but between the upgraded Garmin setup and the performance mods for the twin Diamond, I've been hooked on the DA62 recently. It may be smaller, but it still carries six adults (seven if they're small), and uses about half as much go-juice as the Baron.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Tom, I'll have to look into those soon...
    Best regards to all.

Members who have read this thread: 0