VR and bug fixes - 12 gigs - live now

Thread: VR and bug fixes - 12 gigs - live now

VR and bug fixes - 12 gigs - live now

FS2020 update is up
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Nearly 14 gigs, and it has broken my sim. Will not load all the way and just stalls. Oh well. So tired of this @#$%
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

For the CTD or hanging issue, try either moving the contents of your community folder elsewhere or renaming the community folder something else before starting the sim. I had the same issue (the sim just stalled on the end of the loading screen), and I fixed it by removing the contents of the "community" folder and adding them back until I figured out what caused the issue.

In my case, it was a repaint, although I'm not sure exactly which one.
    Last edited by azflyboy; December 22nd, 2020 at 16:28.

took some time for my system, but it's all updated now.

From the list of fixes to those jetliners, makes me realize just how incomplete the first version was.

I'm glad we have our first glimpse of seasonal weather, the ground snow is a nice new addition, esp for those flying regularly in the northern climes.

- dcc
    - -

OK so I ran into a couple of bugs in VR so here are the fixes incase others experience them.

1. Can only see nothing but yellow in VR.
    fix. If you have a HDR monitor turn HDR off in windows display setting. a bit of a bummer IMO, hope they fix this.

2. This is an Oculus only bug. When in VR can see a black bordered box superimposed over top right of your view.
    Fix. Update your Oculus software to version 24. to do this in the Oculus software go to Settings, Beta and enable Public Test Channel.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Do not use VR, all the rest is A OK, no problems at all, Paris at night with snow, wonderfull....

i get Terrain spikes and a now useless Sim,Christmess Time.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Nearly 14 gigs, and it has broken my sim. Will not load all the way and just stalls. Oh well. So tired of this @#$%
    The only thing I can suggest is to launch it and let it sit. Mine hung on the initial black screen for about a minute when I first launched it after updating via the Store. I was tempted to kill it and try again, but I looked over at my laptop and the HDD light was on nearly solid, so I knew it was doing something.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

If using VR, just make sure you have all the VR controls set in your keyboard mapping before flipping to VR, especially the Reset view one otherwise you might get stuck entering VR with no way forward or back.
    I had to exit SteamVR just to get out, then start it all again.

Members who have read this thread: 0