INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

The Goose does not have a NORM file by default, does that mean new panel lines and rivets can't have PBR treatment? I'm trying to create a functioning height map for my new lines and rivets, and I'm not getting any results in the sim. The new texture has an accompanying .json file, and I've updated the package layout.json. Still no results...hmm. Has anyone tried to add this detail to their repaints?

Doug

Still some things to do but, as promised, a couple of teasers being very close to the finish.

GOOSE_RCAF_2

GOOSE_RCAF_3

Fnerg, that’s looking fantastic! Can’t wait to add that to my hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    Still some things to do but, as promised, a couple of teasers being very close to the finish.

GOOSE_RCAF_2

GOOSE_RCAF_3

Can anyone help me find this "light cover" on the leading edge? I can not locate it in the texture sheets, and it's driving me nuts.

Capt AJ Smith last texture issue by Doug Smith, on Flickr

I've released my repaint on Flightsim.to. Wow it really took off with 85 downloads overnight! Very happy I was able to solve most of the issues myself, there are a few things left unresolved, I'd say this thread went cold, and the fire wood ran out. But hey, it is what it is. Even with it's minor flaws and poor support, it's a fun model to fly and takes a shine and polish very well. Enjoy.

https://flightsim.to/file/17794/8k-g...capt-a-j-smith

I've released my repaint on Flightsim.to. Wow it really took off with 85 downloads overnight! Very happy I was able to solve most of the issues myself, there are a few things left unresolved, I'd say this thread went cold, and the fire wood ran out. But hey, it is what it is. Even with it's minor flaws and poor support, it's a fun model to fly and takes a shine and polish very well. Enjoy.

This is a very well done repaint. Is there a way you can simplify the install process by placing the files directly into the Community folder? Updating the config file is the old FSX way of doing this.

d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Fnerg Can anyone help me find this "light cover" on the leading edge? I can not locate it in the texture sheets, and it's driving me nuts.
    Here !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GRUMMAN-GOOSE-G21-A2-T.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	83597

No Dead, just not here :)

Nice work on the repaint. Whilst this thread is not my main communication I do try to post regular updates on the official forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...edux-ii/338063 . Not sure what you mean by poor support though.

Sorry but with limited time in between development it's hard to post everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by beercan View Post
    Here !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GRUMMAN-GOOSE-G21-A2-T.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	83597
    Oh thank you!

I mean no disrespect to you or your artistry BeeJay it's just that, I've been trying to push forward myself and when I needed help I reached out via PM, and everyday - for months, the big 'ol inbox said '0' replies. It's frustrating cos you are "the guy" with answers concerning the Goose and I expected them, but never got them. You should be thankful I upgraded you from 'no support' cos I'm a nice guy Joking of course, no harm done. Glad you like the repaint!

Even with it's minor flaws and poor support, it's a fun model to fly and takes a shine and polish very well.
    Hey, I feel like I got my money's worth and much, much more!

Love Canadian paints. Hope if you do any updates that you look into doing a stand-alone Community folder version as is the standard practice with MSFS.

Hello everybody...

I have a question that has certainly already been answered here in the forum. Unfortunately, when I read in English here, i don't understand everything so perfectly. So that i can understand.

Following question: Is there already a radio update for the Grumman Goose so you can use it or is it still INOP.

Thanks for the answer

I wish you a nice day and three greens

Chris... (Pirosch)

Quote Originally Posted by pirosch View Post
    Hello everybody...

I have a question that has certainly already been answered here in the forum. Unfortunately, when I read in English here, i don't understand everything so perfectly. So that i can understand.

Following question: Is there already a radio update for the Grumman Goose so you can use it or is it still INOP.

Thanks for the answer

I wish you a nice day and three greens

Chris... (Pirosch)
    I think you will need, at least, this version for the radios to be fixed. Scroll down the page to where it says DOWNLOAD.
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...edux-ii/338063
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hi MrZippy

Thank you so much for the info. Now the probelm is solved, now i can fly nicer dies nice Airplane....

Have nice Day

Chris...

Quote Originally Posted by pirosch View Post
    Hi MrZippy

Thank you so much for the info. Now the probelm is solved, now i can fly nicer dies nice Airplane....

Have nice Day

Chris...
    Glad I was able to help out! There may even be a newer version on Ozwookie's Facebook site!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Very nice livery, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Glad I was able to help out! There may even be a newer version on Ozwookie's Facebook site!
    Can you please post such Facebook site URL?
    Thanks in advance, best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Can you please post such Facebook site URL?
    Thanks in advance, best regards.
    Sorry, my mistake on that one! Looking back, it was a version 0.10.....etc not a version 10.xx.xx It was a facebook link for MSFSAdddons.

Hey folks, all updates are now posted here:
    https://flightsim.to/file/19718/grum...-g21a-redux-ii

Thank you very much OzWookiee. The Legend keeps alive!!

Is there an official download link for this wonderful project? I was looking for the latest version.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

It's the link give by OzWookiee two posts above yours

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It's the link give by OzWookiee two posts above yours
    Sorry I did not see the link just above, I had stumbled across that site as I was searching but was trying to avoid signing up for it as it seamed too much like a click bait site.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 4