INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

I'll post a screen that shows ALL of them.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I'll post a screen that shows ALL of them.
    I believe it's an issue with the normal maps and is on my list of things trip review for next release.

Hopefully it's the Normals then. But it really looks like inversion along the polygons of the mesh. It's mirrored on both sides. with every part you can see.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I just looked at the Normals for the A1 Texture, and there does not appear to be any strange lines going through the wings at least.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

If it were FSX/P3D i'd look for different smoothing groups caused by unwelded vertices ?

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    smoothing groups
    That was what leapt into my mind first too!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Same thing is present on the Horizontal tail surfaces as well.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Hi
    When applying "Alaska" texture you have to exe "auto_json" to modify "layout.json". Downloaded several te4xture that I intend to use. Think that when I use "auto_json" I´m just adding a line to "layout.json, not replacing something. Is this correct? Is it right to run auto.json everytime I add a texture? Think so, want to make sure...
    And when I want to remove an installed texture should I change something on "layout.json" or, as usual, just in aircraft.cfg?
    BTW-why every time I start MSFS weather is set in Snow? Wherever I go? Tried to change it by ticking "save as" near the "snow window" to no avail, snowing every time, have to stop and change manually. Anyone else?
    Thanks, stay safe, bad here in Portugal...

Goose convention...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Paul, looks like you have been goosed. I know, BOOOOOOOO
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Loving the Goose so far, using it to fly the Imperial Airways route from England to Australia and currently somewhere over the Med...

Few things I've noticed.

BUG REPORT
    Issue Experienced: Autopilot heading bug is consistently ~3 degrees right of where the autopilot flies.
    Expected Behaviour: Autopilot should hold the heading set.
    Steps to Reproduce: In flight set heading bug, engage autopilot, select HDG mode.

BUG REPORT
    Issue Experienced: Cockpit side window doesn't meet the framing on the lower edge.
    Expected Behaviour: Should fill window.
    Steps to Reproduce: View exterior of aircraft.

BUG REPORT
    Issue Experienced: Right hand float switch not animated.
    Expected Behaviour: Switch should move when clicked as the left hand one does.
    Steps to Reproduce: Cycle float switches.

Nothing major and I'm sure you're already aware of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Autopilot HDG Bug.jpg   Goose Window.jpg   Float Switches.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Loving the Goose so far, using it to fly the Imperial Airways route from England to Australia and currently somewhere over the Med...

Few things I've noticed.

BUG REPORT
    Issue Experienced: Autopilot heading bug is consistently ~3 degrees right of where the autopilot flies.
    Expected Behaviour: Autopilot should hold the heading set.
    Steps to Reproduce: In flight set heading bug, engage autopilot, select HDG mode.

BUG REPORT
    Issue Experienced: Cockpit side window doesn't meet the framing on the lower edge.
    Expected Behaviour: Should fill window.
    Steps to Reproduce: View exterior of aircraft.

BUG REPORT
    Issue Experienced: Right hand float switch not animated.
    Expected Behaviour: Switch should move when clicked as the left hand one does.
    Steps to Reproduce: Cycle float switches.

Nothing major and I'm sure you're already aware of it.
    THANKYOU! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    For being the only person to use the bug report format! Please report to our discord for Test Pilot status 

Added to our Trello: https://trello.com/b/XrxlAg94/grumman-goose
    Last edited by OzWookiee; January 9th, 2021 at 15:20. Reason: add link to Trello

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Goose convention...
    Add some Grumman Ducks and you'll have an old grade-school children's game!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I actually had to remove the Goose again from my Community folder since I have no clue as to how MSFS handles the AI aircraft at this point and while I generally believe you can't have too many round engines on any airport.....my PC disagreed and I had my first couple of CTDs

The Goose is not at fault of course....I just need a more powerful PC

Cheers
    Sunny

did somebody mention ducks?
    jk0142
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    I actually had to remove the Goose again from my Community folder since I have no clue as to how MSFS handles the AI aircraft at this point and while I generally believe you can't have too many round engines on any airport.....my PC disagreed and I had my first couple of CTDs

The Goose is not at fault of course....I just need a more powerful PC

Cheers
    Sunny
    Thats an easy enough fix Sunny
    Open the aircraft.cfg in notepad and search all the line that say
    isairtraffic =1
    and change them to
    isairtraffic =0
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Thats an easy enough fix Sunny
    Open the aircraft.cfg in notepad and search all the line that say
    isairtraffic =1
    and change them to
    isairtraffic =0
    Cool...that indeed is easy enough. I have been around FS since FS1 but in this lastest edition I am still finding myself lost at times where they are hiding things or features

Thanks
    Sunny

Happily working away at this on my day off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails teaser1.jpg   Teaser 4.jpg  

Getting further ahead now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAVEBLE SCREENSHOTS.jpg  

Gentlemen, I may just have overlooked something, but how do I lower and raise the floats? I can move the switch, but it doesn't affect the actual floats ... Though some have posted pictures of the bird with the floats down ... EDIT: Ah, it does work, but it appears that the floats cannot be lowered on the ground, which is odd. Would that be something that could be changed. I am just thinking on having the aircraft sit on some apron and planning of using the ramp to get into the water for a water take-off ... Cheers, Seawing

I don't think you can raise and lower the landing gear in the water? I might be wrong about that.

There are sceneries out there that have docks you can start at, like my 69NH (Formerly 8B8 for those who remember Wolfeboro airport) scenery at Flightsim.to on Lake Winnipesaukee just south of the White Mountains in New Hampshire (USA).

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I don't think you can raise and lower the landing gear in the water? I might be wrong about that.
    I did use the G21A Redux Goose in FSX and did lower the landing gear, in the water, as I approached the shore, and taxied out of the water. Also raised the floats as I came out. Going
    back into the water, from land, was the same, but in reverse. Taxied into the water and raised the gear when I was floating and also lowered the floats.

I think I was using the water landing area up at Sitka, Alaska.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I did use the G21A Redux Goose in FSX and did lower the landing gear, in the water, as I approached the shore, and taxied out of the water. Also raised the floats as I came out. Going
    back into the water, from land, was the same, but in reverse. Taxied into the water and raised the gear when I was floating and also lowered the floats.

I think I was using the water landing area up at Sitka, Alaska.
    Yes, it worked fine in FSX. In MSFS, those who have tried crashed or got stuck where they were, or, it just didn't work in the water last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Yes, it worked fine in FSX. In MSFS, those who have tried crashed or got stuck where they were, or, it just didn't work in the water last I heard.
    Total bummer!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Yes Asobo have an issue with transition from water to land.

Members who have read this thread: 4