INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

I've been enjoying this fabulous Christmas Goose since the day it was announced. Even in its incomplete state it's my favorite airplane in MSFS, and I have much of the payware that's been released for it so far.

I can't wait for this project to be completed!

So many thanks for the hard work that's gone into this - and believe me, I know what work it is. But the knowledge gained will pay off in so many ways.

Excellent job.

Dutch

Opening doors are supported by MSFS - at least that's what I hear regarding the Carenado models. As for the tail-dragger modeling, I found that someone at Asobo doesn't really know what they're doing. Setting the steering angle to 180° still works to enable castering, but implementation is spotty. They enabled it in the DA40, but then didn't enable differential braking. Then then enabled diff. braking in the XCub, but gave the tail wheel 90° of active steering, which is too much.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Opening doors are supported by MSFS - at least that's what I hear regarding the Carenado models. As for the tail-dragger modeling, I found that someone at Asobo doesn't really know what they're doing. Setting the steering angle to 180° still works to enable castering, but implementation is spotty. They enabled it in the DA40, but then didn't enable differential braking. Then then enabled diff. braking in the XCub, but gave the tail wheel 90° of active steering, which is too much.
    Doors are done by custom variables.

Setting the wheel to 180 in my experience makes it impossible to taxi due to differential thrust issues currently in the Sim. Basically same effect people are experiencing with water taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    I've been enjoying this fabulous Christmas Goose since the day it was announced. Even in its incomplete state it's my favorite airplane in MSFS, and I have much of the payware that's been released for it so far.

I can't wait for this project to be completed!

So many thanks for the hard work that's gone into this - and believe me, I know what work it is. But the knowledge gained will pay off in so many ways.

Excellent job.

Dutch
    This is why we do it. ❤️❤️❤️🦆🛩️

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Opening doors are supported by MSFS - at least that's what I hear regarding the Carenado models.
    Carenado models have opening doors and windows, indeed.

After so many years opening doors and windows in every FS version, an airplane without such features looks incomplete to me, so I'm quickly forgetting about most of the stock aircraft and relying almost exclusively on 3rd party add-ons, which in turn makes me regret having bought the Premium version instead of the Standard.

I'm not complaining at all about the Goose, it is wonderful and one of my current favourites, and in addition OzWookiee has said that we can expect to have opening doors "eventually", which is much more than what Asobo has said on that matter (once again, thank you very much OzWookiee!!).

BTW, same thoughts about splash effects on water... they're sorely missed, not to mention a reasonable behaviour/swinging when floating.

And finally, one for our talented repainters: any chances of a Cutter's Goose livery sometime soon?

30 December: HotFix 2 fixes texture issue on engines and cowling as reported by Jan Kees.

Will the Hotfix appear at Sim-Outhouse? Went looking and didn't see anything...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Will the Hotfix appear at Sim-Outhouse? Went looking and didn't see anything...
    Have a look at the download. I don't post extra files, but update the original.

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Have a look at the download. I don't post extra files, but update the original.
    OH! Thanks! I didn't look close enough... The upload date didn't change so I didn't realize it was an updated file. I now see your notes about the hotfixes at the end of the description.

Thanks, looking forward to the update!

I was flying by St. Martin's earlier today and there were two of these parked on the apron there, along with a Bird Dog floatplane. Felt appropriate!

Finally the glorious sound of Radial Engines in MSFS. Thank you guys.
    There is still a bit of work to of course but she is definitely a great addition to the hangar.

Points I have noticed on the first tests:
    1. No display on the radios in the stack.
    2. Initial elevator trim setting is too far nose-down
    3. View Points in the cockpit are not aligned. So when looking left or right the sight line changes vertically as well.

I can't seem to start her up other than by using CTRL-E either. But I guess I am missing a switch or two yet

Keep up the good work
    Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Finally the glorious sound of Radial Engines in MSFS. Thank you guys.
    There is still a bit of work to of course but she is definitely a great addition to the hangar.

Points I have noticed on the first tests:
    1. No display on the radios in the stack.
    2. Initial elevator trim setting is too far nose-down
    3. View Points in the cockpit are not aligned. So when looking left or right the sight line changes vertically as well.

I can't seem to start her up other than by using CTRL-E either. But I guess I am missing a switch or two yet

Keep up the good work
    Sunny
    same here so ill download the update
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Messing with Metal....

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Messing with Metal....

beautiful!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Messing with Metal....

Dang. Let me know when you're finished and if we can include it!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Ok, got 25 spare cans of aluminium polishing paste, let me have it, please...

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Dang. Let me know when you're finished and if we can include it!
    I was just messing around with the stock bare Metal paint you included. I've edited the RoughMet files for metal and rubber tires look that I find pleasing. I can make them available for sure.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Messing with Metal....
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I was really hoping that the P3D Clipper would have this look....This is really well done. Congrats to the team who ported it over! Very well done!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I was just messing around with the stock bare Metal paint you included. I've edited the RoughMet files for metal and rubber tires look that I find pleasing. I can make them available for sure.
    Yes please!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

What discord are you posting them in? Make sure to stop in at your discord too 😎

I just have a private discord that I'm the only member of...kind of like my own private photo hosting site....lol
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 4