INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 222

Thread: INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

  1. #51

  2. #52
    Merry Christmas to everybody! What a fun Xmas Eve gift! Thanks so much, OzWookiee and Pam!!!!

  3. #53
    plane spins no matter we do
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

    ==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    plane spins no matter we do
    Thomas, I have the same problem. Thought it was just me. I tried changing the setting on my Warthog to no avail. Starts out fine then at about 60 mph she veers to the left and then upside down etc. Rudder and all work fine. Hope someone know the solution. I love the Goose.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD


  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    are you gonna up those repaints , Jankees ?
    when I'm ready with them, sure, but I first need to understand this PBR stuff
    You can find most of my repaints in the library here on the outhouse

  6. #56
    Starts out fine then at about 60 mph she veers to the left and then upside down etc. Rudder and all work fine. Hope someone know the solution. I love the Goose.
    I'm having the exact same reaction.

  7. #57
    Okay,
    I'm ignorant. Where is the taxi rudder switch located?

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    when I'm ready with them, sure, but I first need to understand this PBR stuff
    Yeah, that is fun to learn...

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I'm having the exact same reaction.
    You have to set flight model to Legacy

  10. #60
    You have to set flight model to Legacy
    I figured it out. I have both a joystick and yoke connected and even though the joystick was centered, the sim was reading it as full left rudder. I had to erase that axis in the control settings.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I figured it out. I have both a joystick and yoke connected and even though the joystick was centered, the sim was reading it as full left rudder. I had to erase that axis in the control settings.
    Sound like you could do with FSUIPC then you could setup per plane profiles and avoid those kind of conflicts.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Rift S
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X55
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

  12. #62

    Icon25 thank you

    best airplane yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (121).jpg   Screenshot (123).jpg   Screenshot (124).jpg   Screenshot (120).jpg  
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

    ==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    best airplane yet
    Videos

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/850040397

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/850075858
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

    ==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I'm having the exact same reaction.
    I noticed that in the last update, controller settings have been added or changed. I found that remapping to "rudder axis L" and "rudder axis R" makes my rudder work perfectly. Prior to that, there was only "rudder axis". Now you can map L and R. Also missing I found was "ATC options". I haven't found that setting yet. And I have blank white boxes covering my registration number/letters, although my .DDS files are still correct. Anyone help here? Thanks.
    Intel I5-9600kF, ASUS Z-390 MB, Geforce GTX1660, 16GB DDR4, 2TB SSD, Corsair H60 Water Cooler,650watts, sliders on max.

  15. #65
    Is it addon planes where you get the missing options or stock?

  16. #66
    I couldn't get MSFS started after installing this, it would just hang in the loading screen or CDT, one time it even restarted the PC, another, it wanted to install the latest patch to the default C drive location which I already have installed in my Flight Sim drive. Very strange one and it was the hotfix version that I had downloaded I think. Gutted as it looks great.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    I couldn't get MSFS started after installing this, it would just hang in the loading screen or CDT, one time it even restarted the PC, another, it wanted to install the latest patch to the default C drive location which I already have installed in my Flight Sim drive. Very strange one and it was the hotfix version that I had downloaded I think. Gutted as it looks great.
    Simular problem here with the latest update. I had to gut my community folder free-ware addon's in order for FS2020 to launch the new update instead of hang. Then I added the Goose to the folder and FS lauanched OK. It now seems that some of the earlier freeware liveries I had in the community folder were the cause.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  18. #68
    whats the trick to taxi on water it wont turn ? ctrl w water rudder doesnt work
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

    ==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    You have to set flight model to Legacy
    I don’t think that’s true — this has been ported to MSFS native and I think that includes the flight model. @OZWookiee or @Warchild, can you confirm?

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I don’t think that’s true — this has been ported to MSFS native and I think that includes the flight model. @OZWookiee or @Warchild, can you confirm?
    Correct. Never EVER use the legacy flight model for NATIVE aircraft.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    when I'm ready with them, sure, but I first need to understand this PBR stuff
    Happy to talk you through it.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    whats the trick to taxi on water it wont turn ? ctrl w water rudder doesnt work
    There is no water rudder on the Goose. She's known for being a pain to taxi on water, unfortunately exacerbated by differential thrust issues with MSFS.
    We may look at this in the future but at the moment, line up your decent to where you want to finish 😁😁😁

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    There is no water rudder on the Goose. She's known for being a pain to taxi on water, unfortunately exacerbated by differential thrust issues with MSFS.
    We may look at this in the future but at the moment, line up your decent to where you want to finish 
    lol yep loving her for sure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (134).jpg   Screenshot (137).jpg   Screenshot (139).jpg  
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS


    THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

    ==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

  24. #74
    Hi Oz,

    Thank you very much for this...only plane I've flown over the last few days since download. I love the sound of the 985's...best in the Sim and the flight dynamics seem to be what I would expect.

    Below are a few observations that I hope will help as you work towards finalizing her. I'm not a Goose pilot but have some time in other aircraft that use the P&W 985 in real life.

    Only problem I can report (not previously mentioned) is the switches for the floats...Left switch does not move but activates the Left Float and moves the center switch. Right float switch does not move but activates the right float.

    The rest are things that may need looking at:
    • Outside sound seems like the engines are turning over very high when at cruise.
    • Prop's stop to abruptly. They slow down nice but then sound and motion just stop to soon.
    • Retains speed when power reduced. I was at 15" mp @ 2000rpm and -500fpm and still showing 165mph. Would expect much more drag out of this aircraft so it would loose speed quickly with power pulled back.


    A couple of "Like to Have":
    • Buoy's and Mooring Lines.
    • Disable steerable tail wheel...or at least make it less effective. I understand there are issues in MSFS with asymmetrical thrust.
    • Can we have operating doors and windows. Is this a MSFS issue?
    • Can we have the 485 hp version also?


    Okay...thanks for listening.

    Garry

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Hi Oz,

    Thank you very much for this...only plane I've flown over the last few days since download. I love the sound of the 985's...best in the Sim and the flight dynamics seem to be what I would expect.

    Below are a few observations that I hope will help as you work towards finalizing her. I'm not a Goose pilot but have some time in other aircraft that use the P&W 985 in real life.

    Only problem I can report (not previously mentioned) is the switches for the floats...Left switch does not move but activates the Left Float and moves the center switch. Right float switch does not move but activates the right float.

    The rest are things that may need looking at:
    • Outside sound seems like the engines are turning over very high when at cruise.
    • Prop's stop to abruptly. They slow down nice but then sound and motion just stop to soon.
    • Retains speed when power reduced. I was at 15" mp @ 2000rpm and -500fpm and still showing 165mph. Would expect much more drag out of this aircraft so it would loose speed quickly with power pulled back.

    OK Thanks. Added to the ToDo

    Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    A couple of "Like to Have":
    • Buoy's and Mooring Lines.
    • Disable steerable tail wheel...or at least make it less effective. I understand there are issues in MSFS with asymmetrical thrust.
    • Can we have operating doors and windows. Is this a MSFS issue?
    • Can we have the 485 hp version also?


    Okay...thanks for listening.

    Garry
    • Will see what we can do
    • As soon as MSFS resolves the issues with tail draggers we will
    • Eventually
    • Definitely

Members who have read this thread: 106

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •