INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

I just love that Metal look

I love this plane and thanks to whoever took the time to make it and port it to FS2020.

I have one question though;

The radio stack is blacked out on my install? Is this not finished or has someone figured out how to get the radio stack working?
    Major Spittle
    product of Anheuser Busch St. Louis Missouri

System Specs. Asus Prime Z590-A, 64GB DDR4 4000, RX 5700, i7 10700, MasterLiquid ML240R, Super Flower Platinum 850, Corsair Crystal 680X.

Hi, just interested to know if the Goose development is terminated, or we can expect to see the radio stack active sometime soon?
    (Anyhow, still one of my favourites).

Thanks in advance, best regards Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pilot.png 
Views:	516 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	82556

Stearman, OzWookie has posted previously that he and the team were going to get back to the Goose with updates once the Big Radials P-40B was finished. I would guess they're probably wrapping a patch to tweak the P-40B as those usually follow initial releases (praying for less violent takeoff handling ;-) and then they'll get back to finishing the Goose.

Five days ago he posted about fixing instruments.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/initial-release-grumman-goose-g21a-redux-ii/338063/694

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Stearman, OzWookie has posted previously that he and the team were going to get back to the Goose with updates once the Big Radials P-40B was finished. I would guess they're probably wrapping a patch to tweak the P-40B as those usually follow initial releases (praying for less violent takeoff handling ;-) and then they'll get back to finishing the Goose.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/initial-release-grumman-goose-g21a-redux-ii/338063/694
    THIS Thanks DennyA!

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

THIS Thanks DennyA!
    Thank you very much DennyA for the info, and OzWookie for all the rest.
    Can't wait to see the Goose finished!!

Just stopping by to ask if/when a non-mirrored wing textures version might be coming along please?

Many thanks.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Just stopping by to ask if/when a non-mirrored wing textures version might be coming along please?

Many thanks.
    Hey Airtrooper,

Making such a change is beyond the scope of this update HOWEVER we are looking at doing a payware Goose for MSFS which WILL have a nice paintkit for the community.

Blog Entries
    Hey Airtrooper,

Making such a change is beyond the scope of this update HOWEVER we are looking at doing a payware Goose for MSFS which WILL have a nice paintkit for the community.
    @OzWookiee When you do, please feel free to reuse my FDE for it to maintain continuity between versions and maintain some of what people have always loved this plane for..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    @OzWookiee When you do, please feel free to reuse my FDE for it to maintain continuity between versions and maintain some of what people have always loved this plane for..
    Thanks Pam, I think though we're going to try our own version for the Payware.

This version however will always retain yours.

Hi, would someone PLEASE let me know how to lower/raise the Goose floats?

The shifts on the roof work erratically to me, or don't work at all. Is there a shortcut key?

I see this has been asked a few times in this thread, but never answered.

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post

The shifts on the roof work erratically to me, or don't work at all. Is there a shortcut key?

Are you raising or lowering the floats while in the air or on the water? I always lowered them just before landing and raised them just after takeoff.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Are you raising or lowering the floats while in the air or on the water? I always lowered them just before landing and raised them just after takeoff.
    I try to lower them once on the water. Is this the problem? They can only been operated in the air?

Also, how did you lower them? No shortcut key?

I try to lower them once on the water. Is this the problem? They can only been operated in the air?

Also, how did you lower them? No shortcut key?
    I used the switch on the overhead panel. I think that once you are on the water the floats don't go up or down. (don't quote me on that!)
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    Yes I did thank you. It's not finished, I'm stuck on a few things. I put it down for a bit until I learn some of these new ways of doing things for the sim. I hope to make it available soon. Thanks!
    a greeting, and a question, could you finish your Royal Air Force livery of Canada with the goose?, thank you

Fixed in my latest version I should be releasing this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Pere View Post
    a greeting, and a question, could you finish your Royal Air Force livery of Canada with the goose?, thank you
    Yes I can, definitely now that I've made some breakthroughs in PBR texturing. This was what I needed to learn to make it look right. Just finishing a PBR Spitfire and then for sure, I want to finish the Goose. Thanks for the interest!

Fixed in my latest version I should be releasing this weekend
    Wow, I didn't know a new version was so close!!

May I ask what other fixes will be included?

Thanks once again, best regards.

Yes I can, definitely now that I've made some breakthroughs in PBR texturing. This was what I needed to learn to make it look right. Just finishing a PBR Spitfire and then for sure, I want to finish the Goose. Thanks for the interest!
    ok thanks I will be attentive to download it

Not to steal OzWookie's thunder, but I got a Discord notification when I woke up this morning that the Goose update is available, and I know some of y'all are as excited as I am!

13 June 2021: FINALLY! Radio screens working, fixed HSI CDI and added TO/FROM indicator. Integrated invisible water rudder until Asobo fix differential thrust. All animations converted to new format and no legacy code remains in the Goose. Unfortunately have not updated LOD animations and so they are INOP until I get another spare weekend. This means that if you do any multiply flights then the other Goose may not animate correctly.
    I'm sure he'll be updating the file here on S-O soon if he hasn't already, but if you can't wait, here's the announcement/download link on the BigRadials Discord:

https://discord.com/channels/4709152...18015551488010

The new version of OzWookie's Grumman Goose (v0.9.8) has been available from Google Drive, via forums.flightsimulator.com, for 5 days already, and no announcement from him yet?

OzWookie, I for one would much appreciate your word here!!

The new version of OzWookie's Grumman Goose (v0.9.8) has been available from Google Drive, via forums.flightsimulator.com, for 5 days already, and no announcement from him yet?
    A sign of the times perhaps? It is all over various Discord channels like a rash! Should SOH start its own Discord channel?!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I'm doing a repaint on the Goose, and somehow I can't get any results building a COMP file for the engines/tires texture GRUMMAN_GOOSE_G21A2. Well, I got the spinners to chrome, but nothing else. I've checked and rechecked, and my file formats are correct. I've been able to PBR the fuselage and wings with no problem, just not the engines/wheel texture. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Doug

I'm doing a repaint on the Goose, and somehow I can't get any results building a COMP file for the engines/tires texture GRUMMAN_GOOSE_G21A2. Well, I got the spinners to chrome, but nothing else. I've checked and rechecked, and my file formats are correct. I've been able to PBR the fuselage and wings with no problem, just not the engines/wheel texture. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Doug
    Hi, I'm no expert at all (e.g. no idea what a COMP file is), but it occurs to me that you might want to study this livery:
    https://flightsim.to/file/16191/midn...ansport-update

The author failed in providing a standard installation (i.e. dropping in the Community folder), so you'll have to edit the aircraft.cfg file and use auto_json.exe, but I think he made a wonderful job for such a shiny/chromed livery.

I hope that helps, and I'd love to see a preview of your livery ASAP.
    Thanks & best regards.

Hi, I'm no expert at all (e.g. no idea what a COMP file is), but it occurs to me that you might want to study this livery:
    https://flightsim.to/file/16191/midn...ansport-update

The author failed in providing a standard installation (i.e. dropping in the Community folder), so you'll have to edit the aircraft.cfg file and use auto_json.exe, but I think he made a wonderful job for such a shiny/chromed livery.

I hope that helps, and I'd love to see a preview of your livery ASAP.
    Thanks & best regards.
    Thanks Stearman, yes the 'old' method of dropping in the new texture and updating the .cfg as we did in FS9/10, something familiar to us all!
    I think I have it now. I don't mean to confuse you but, seems when I was doing a bucket fill of the 'chromed' areas, it was a very low opacity fill, so the metallic was there, just very lightly. Think I'm sorted now. I appreciate your interest in my livery, I will have a teaser screenshot soon as I get the right look. I'm currently experimenting with different PBR materials trying to find the right metallic surface appearance.

Regards,
    Doug

Members who have read this thread: 4